Page 81 of 166 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by L101 View Post
    I did see it but I still think you were dissing Don even though you might not have meant it that way - that's how it came across
    I'm sorry it came across to you that way. My post was certainly highly critical of Don's choice, and it was snarky too, so I can see why you thought I was going after him.

It's just that your "translation" of my post was that I believe Don is "a money grabbing, manipulative, spiteful little man who is only interested in what he can get for himself and everyone else be damned!" I do not believe that, which is why I feel I needed to address your post.

I said none of those things about Don. What I said was that I believe he was genuine in his statement that he feels it is the right thing to do to enlist Deacon. I meant that.

Please do not confuse my criticism of Don's choice to continue the Eagles with a personal attack.

I do not believe he is a bad person.

I do believe he is making a devastating mistake, one I cannot support, one I suspect he might regret someday.

L101, I know you are speaking from your heart and not from malice. You are a sweet person who feels very intensely about Don. I certainly understand that! I hope you do not truly believe that I am a "so-called fan" and a "bully." If you do believe that about me, I am sorry to hear it, because I respect you.

I do not expect you, or anyone else who supports this for that matter, to change their minds. I am simply expressing my opinion. Anyone who wishes to support this is free to do so without condemnation from me.

I just can't join in the celebrations.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

People on FB are guessing it will be Bob Seger. I just checked and it is still not sold out. Quite a few of the $950 - $750 tickets left as well as those going for $500 and up.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I'm sorry it came across to you that way. My post was certainly highly critical of Don's choice, and it was snarky too, so I can see why you thought I was going after him.

It's just that your "translation" of my post was that I believe Don is "a money grabbing, manipulative, spiteful little man who is only interested in what he can get for himself and everyone else be damned!" I do not believe that, which is why I feel I needed to address your post.

I said none of those things about Don. What I said was that I believe he was genuine in his statement that he feels it is the right thing to do to enlist Deacon. I meant that.

Please do not confuse my criticism of Don's choice to continue the Eagles with a personal attack.

I do believe he is making a devastating mistake, one I cannot support, one I suspect he might regret someday.

L101, I know you are speaking from your heart and not from malice. You are a sweet person who feels very intensely about Don. I certainly understand that! I hope you do not truly believe that I am a "so-called fan" and a "bully." If you do believe that about me, I am sorry to hear it, because I respect you.

I do not expect you, or anyone else who supports this for that matter, to change their minds. I am simply expressing my opinion. Anyone who wishes to support this is free to do so without condemnation from me.

I just can't join in the celebrations.
    Thank you for your response Soda - my post was not really directed at you but there are other members who try to force their opinion on others in a bullying way. That description of Don seems to be a general one of him in this and other threads which in my book is not acceptable.

I'm sorry that you can't enjoy the concerts but maybe some day you'll be able to look at videos of them.
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Well, Deacon or someone else, it hasn't changed my opinion as to whether they should continue as the Eagles. I still feel they should quit. Whoever wants to go to these shows, have a good time. I'm just not interested in them without Glenn. I will be interested in hearing about it though.

I am interested in solo shows and think they should do it as long as they want to and can physically do it.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post

devastating? It's as a couple of live shows that will very quickly become past Eagles history. I can't see anything bad happening as a consequence

Well, I called it...I thought it would be Deacon since this was announced. I agree with many of you that it's not the Eagles without Glenn...at least not for me. Having a Frey in the band doesn't make it the Eagles...any more than it would be The Beatles if Paul and Ringo got together with Dhani Harrison and Julian Lennon. I'd feel the same way if Henley went first and they were continuing on. I don't mean any disrespect to anyone who is excited about this, though.

I have to admit that, despite my objection to this, I am curious to see what they sound like without Glenn. I saw a youtube video of Deacon performing with his dad some years ago and he didn't have a Glenn-like voice (if that makes sense). But that was years ago; he could sound different now. In my opinion, they won't sound as good now. You can always hear Glenn's voice in the harmony. For them to come close, I would think Bernie would be essential....Bernie's voice has a similar quality to Glenn's.

I don't think the purpose of having Deacon there is so he will sound like Glenn. I hope for his sake most fans won't expect him to be another Glenn. I saw a video of him singing Hotel California with his father. Then much later I saw another video clip when he was older and his voice had matured.

One such clip is linked in the following article. I think it's the one with Otis in the background, too.

“I’m not supposed to say that,” Henley replied when asked directly whether Frey would be involved in the shows. He then let the cat out of the bag: “Yeah, he is,” Henley said. “There’s going to be an official announcement in a few days but let’s just do it here. Glenn’s son Deacon is a very talented young man, and he seems to be up for the task. He’s enthusiastic about it and he’s been working real hard on it, and he’s gonna do it with us. I think that’s appropriate.”
    my emphasis. Apparently this is something Deacon wants to do.

“I never planned on it coming out this way but it’s my responsibility to carry on this legacy and to keep these songs alive,” he said. “Apparently people still want to hear them. I thought we were done when Glenn passed away and I said as much, but I was in a state of shock at the time. But we have gotten a lot of messages from people all over the world from people who would like to see things continue.”
    my emphasis. I said before that Don was in state of grief and shock when he first said the Eagles were over. That's why I don't think it's fair to hold him to those words.

"Don Henley: Glenn Frey’s Son Joining Eagles" Best Classic Bands May 16, 2017

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    People on FB are guessing it will be Bob Seger. I just checked and it is still not sold out. Quite a few of the $950 - $750 tickets left as well as those going for $500 and up.
    I really hope it's not Bob but agree he's a logical front runner.

This is starting to feel like a tribute band.

Border Rebel

I'd love to hear Deacon do PEF and maybe a few others of Glenn's, but it would be nice to see him do at least one or two different songs, not necessarily Eagles songs, that aren't Glenn's, but his own.

If I had to guess on the identity of the other performer, I'd guess Vince Gill, but I'm mostly thinking that because he shared vocals on a few songs with Don on Cass County, and Don seems very comfortable harmonizing with him. Probably Bob Seger is just as likely. I'm hoping Bernie will be involved but is just not being counted as a special guest because I'd love Bernie to be a part of it.