Page 60 of 166 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Border Desperado

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

[QUOTE=Freypower;356303
    But you will NEVER silence those who hate everything about this. NEVER.[/QUOTE]

Shall I expect you, Dr. Evil and his bald cat to be on my doorstep tomorrow?

That last line was priceless.

I'm not asking you to embrace anything. Just enough with the histrionic statements.

Isn't it about time to close this thread?

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by VillageGirl View Post
    Shall I expect you, Dr. Evil and his bald cat to be on my doorstep tomorrow?

That last line was priceless.

I'm not asking you to embrace anything. Just enough with the histrionic statements.
    You completely misunderstood & misinterpreted the previous post. I said that I thought perhaps I should continue to post because Soda needed support. I then said I had no desire to repeat myself.

If the last line was histrionic, then guilty as charged. It's OK. I get it that emotion is out and business is in. As I said, I wish you joy of it.

I'm not going to close the thread because I feel people need a place to talk about all these changes.

Mean-spirited ridicule of other members is not acceptable. I know I have let some nasty comments directed toward me slide, but when they're directed at members, that's a different story.

If you feel the urge to lash out and be ugly to someone, resist it. There's no need for that. Additionally, abuse of other members can get you a strike. Just take a deep breath and step back from the thread if you feel you can't participate in it without being mean to people you don't like and/or people who think differently about this than you do.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I can't change that these shows are going ahead but I can change my attitude to them. I could go with the idea that it's a cynical cash grab that disrespects Glenn and all he has done. Alternatively, I could accept Don, Joe and Timothy at face value and believe they will try to do something that will respect Glenn in a way that he would have wanted. That playing the songs will nurture Glenn's legacy in a way that a quiet retirement would not. It may work or it may turn out to be a big mistake. Of course, I reserve the right to change my mind about it after the event. For now, I'm interested enough to want to know who will play with them.

My change of heart was partly in response to watching a documentary called "Queen: From Rags to Rhapsody" which had Brian May talking about continuing after the death of Freddie Mercury and because they all seemed like such nice, reasonable men, I thought "well, maybe".

The second prompt was a note on Facebook where someone who had known Glenn said he thought Glenn might have been offended if he'd made the cover of magazines at the supermarket checkout. This reminded me of how Glenn was pretty low-key about himself and perhaps he wouldn't have wanted a big tribute in his name with all the associated hype. Having the remaining band play a big show and make lots of money might be more to his liking. I don't know but possibly Irving, Don and Cindy know better.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    Isn't it about time to close this thread?
    Lets close this thread when Donny BigBucks closes the Eagles.

Glenn Frey liked his privacy but clearly recognized and appreciated the value of industry related accolades, awards, tributes etc. Case in point : His detailed, heartfelt & passionate induction of Linda Ronstadt into the RRHOF. His wonderful Eagles acceptance speech at the RRHOF ... You honor us therefore you honor yourselves, the History of the Eagles documentary ... A band for all time.
    Last edited by Dawn; 04-11-2017 at 11:23 PM.

It was always Glenn's band. Until it wasn't.

"...think Henley was the guy that came up with the words ‘when hell freezes over,’” he says and pauses. “If hell can freeze over, pigs can fly. I’d never say never." - Irving Azoff

Hell Freezes Over
    Pigs Can Fly
    Never Say Never

https://www.washingtonpost.com/enter...=.9017487691e6

Note the date of this interview. November 2016

@ 1 month after Desert Trip 2016
    @ 3-4 months before the big announcement of Eagles reuniting for The Classic.

Border Desperado

No one has said this, so it's just a what if, on my part. But, might it be possible that "Eagles" have a contract with Irving Azoff to do X number of events, or appearances, and he's playing that card with this festival?
    Like I said, I haven't heard anything like that, but it would certainly explain the band's change of mind on the issue of playing again.

Banned

I know he's refered to as satan but I can't see Irving coercing the guys into doing something that they didn't want to do, especially after losing Glenn.

I'm sure he works for them rather than the other way round. I've always felt that the Eagles will end when Irving is no longer employed as the Eagles manager, although I wouldn't say he was irreplaceable.

I'm unmoved by the change of mind. I don't pay much attention to what they say, it's deeds that count. Many times, over several Decades, I've heard that Joe is coming to Europe to play some solo dates, I'm resigned to disappointment that it's increasingly unlikely.