Page 80 of 166 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Don also said that he saw the Classic shows as an experiment and he repeated that including Deacon was the only way he could think of doing it.

Thanks UTW

It's plain ridiculous Henley revealed HALF of the band's new lineup but I suppose even Don Henley has to jump thru hoops.

I'm not surprised. It's the only way Don could do this without feeling like a hypocritical "greedy"and "desperate" jerk, considering his earlier comment.

I'm not trying to be cynical. I'm sure this was necessary for Don's own peace of mind. It is not just an emotionally manipulative move designed to minimize criticism from fans and the press. I truly believe Don is being genuine.

So, here's the logic: the new incarnation of "Eagles" are legit since one of the musicians they've added is Glenn's son.

It makes sense emotionally but in no other way. I must say that Don, Joe, Tim, and Azoff must be thanking their lucky stars that Glenn's eldest son can sing and play the guitar, and even looks like his dad. The only thing more fortuitous would have been a twin brother.

I guess the other "mystery" guy is doing the rest of the heavy lifting. He'll either be a recognizable name to draw in crowds, or Stu Smith to reward him for being a band member in all but name since the firing of Felder. The latter would be more fair but the former is more likely, I think.

Well, I wish them success.

They're not the Eagles anymore in my mind, though. There is no Eagles without Glenn.

This is nothing against Deacon. Glenn introduced me to Deacon when he was 14. I even saw him play with his dad a few times. He was a nice kid - polite, friendly. He obviously wanted to emulate his father, and it was sweet; he does have talent. I just assumed he would do his own thing, maybe form his own band, make his own music.

Well, maybe he can do that in a few years after the "Eagles" finish touring; at this point, it seems the Eagles will only come to an end when Don Henley is physically incapable of standing onstage and singing on-key, and not a day before. (Even the inability to stand onstage might not end the Eagles; he could still appear onstage and remain seated in order to play more shows. A roadie could hold his arm to steady him as he hobbles out to his stool.) Anyway, when the "Eagles" do finally limp to an end, Deacon will be able to play solo shows and bill himself as a former Eagle. Funny the turns life takes.

I don't want to diss Deacon. I'll acknowledge this on the site somehow. I just have to figure out how.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I don't want to diss Deacon. I'll acknowledge this on the site somehow. I just have to figure out how.
    You don't want to diss Deacon but its OK to diss Don ?? Well, thats fine I suppose, as Don is a money grabbing, manipulative, spiteful little man who is only interested in what he can get for himself and everyone else be damned!

Am I right in that description ? That seems to be the general opinion of most of the so-called Eagles fans on here. Even though I stopped posting a while ago, I still follow the comments and the nastiness against Don is getting worse - especially from certain people, who still feel they have to bully non-Glenn fans into agreeing with them.

Nothing Don or the rest of the Eagles do from now on is ever going to be right in the eyes of some people here - but at least have the decency to allow others their point of view - life within the Eagles has to go on whether you like it or not!
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Stuck on the Border

It's always interesting when people feel they can say who is a fan of an artist/band and who is not. I have stayed away from the "should they or should they not" debate and I don't mind them doing something, but personally the Eagles are over for me. In that light...just curious, which of the following categories do I fall into?

a) an Eagles fan, b) a so-called Eagles fan, c) a Frey fanatic, d) something else?

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    It's always interesting when people feel they can say who is a fan of an artist/band and who is not. I have stayed away from the "should they or should they not" debate, but personally the Eagles are over for me. Just curious, which of the following categories do I fall into?

a) an Eagles fan, b) a so-called Eagles fan, c) a Frey fanatic, d) something else?
    Probably all of them I usually stay away from that debate as well, but sometimes enough is enough!!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by L101 View Post
    Probably all of them I usually stay away from that debate as well, but sometimes enough is enough!!

Quote Originally Posted by L101 View Post
    You don't want to diss Deacon but its OK to diss Don ?? Well, thats fine I suppose, as Don is a money grabbing, manipulative, spiteful little man who is only interested in what he can get for himself and everyone else be damned!

Am I right in that description ?
    You accidentally deleted the following part of my post when you quoted me - I can only assume you didn't see it:

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts
    I'm not trying to be cynical. I'm sure this was necessary for Don's own peace of mind. It is not just an emotionally manipulative move designed to minimize criticism from fans and the press. I truly believe Don is being genuine.
    Perhaps this answers your question.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    You accidentally deleted this part of my post when you quoted me - I can only assume you didn't see it:

Perhaps this answers your question.
    I did see it but I still think you were dissing Don even though you might not have meant it that way - that's how it came across

Stuck on the Border

A few weeks ago, I decided I'd try to be positive about it all and it seems to have worked. I feel much happier about it all and I've stopped worrying about what's "right".

I'll admit that I'm curious about the upcoming shows. I look forward to reading about the setlist and how it works (or doesn't). I'm not interested in attending but if there are video clips, I'll watch. Over the last few years, Glenn became my favourite Eagle and I expect to like the music less without him, no matter who they bring on.

I don't feel antagonistic towards Don. He's doing whatever works for him and the others in the band. I also believe that he means no disrespect of Glenn and sees this in part as a living memorial to Glenn.

Including Deacon makes for a good narrative. It gives him a chance to show some of what he can do and to honour his father. He gets to play in front of a large audience but with plenty of support. My guess is that many in the audience will enjoy seeing a young man on stage as it will be a reminder of earlier days.