Page 128 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1651

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by L101 View Post
    Post deleted by admin
    Totally uncalled for.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Totally uncalled for.
    Yes it was and I will not apologise for saying it. If you want it removed, then it is up to the admin to do so.
    Goodnight.
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Yes it was and I will not apologise for saying it. If you want it removed, then it is up to the admin to do so.
    Goodnight.
    Don't worry, it's been reported.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Simply because of me and some others being against it, watch out or you might get labeled as a "insert offensive name here".

Some people need to not read this thread if it causes them that much hatred. Because we have a right to state our distaste. I apologized for the whole reasons for going, but I'm not going to apologize for standing up for what I think is right.

Some of you guys even drove FP out of here, a senior member and great contributor.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Simply because of me and some others being against it, watch out or you might get labeled as a "insert offensive name here".

Some people need to not read this thread if it causes them that much hatred. Because we have a right to state our distaste. I apologized for the whole reasons for going, but I'm not going to apologize for standing up for what I think is right.
    Once again, I did not say you couldn't have an opinion, I asked you to have it in a less obnoxious, offensive way and if you can't, then maybe I should report all your comments as well.

I apologise to everyone else for taking this thread off topic, but I had to say something.
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Once again, I did not say you couldn't have an opinion, I asked you to have it in a less obnoxious, offensive way and if you can't, then maybe I should report all your comments as well.

I apologise to everyone else for taking this thread off topic, but I had to say something.
    Look, trust me when I say if I want to bash the new band and the guys, I will. They are public figures and I have the right to say how I feel about them. I said I was sorry for the whole thing about reasons for not seeing the band. But how I vent my frustrations with DH or Vince Gill is how I do it and shouldn't affect you.

You took it to a whole other place with horrific name calling and real nastiness. You think my comments are in any way comparable to what you just called me? I had a reason to report you. You personally attacked me without any reason. That's sad. I've not done anything like that. So report me all you like, L101.
    Last edited by WalshFan88; 08-16-2017 at 08:17 PM.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Some of you guys even drove FP out of here, a senior member and great contributor.
    Absolutely agree. Bottom line, the Eagles are public figures and not immune to criticism. Not here. Not anywhere. Plenty of fans aren't happy about Glenn being "irreplaceable" until he wasn't and don't support the band not because they don't think the band has the right to reform but because they don't have any interest or desire to see the band without Glenn Frey. It wouldn't matter who the substitutes are/were. To these people (of which I am one) it's over.

Goodnight.
    Sorry, L101. It's not acceptable to call people names on this board. Your post has been removed. Please engage in discussion without the attacks, like the intelligent woman I know you are.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Rebel

Now, let me tell you what the supporters of this new Eagles really want.

They want to take over this message board and censor those who are against it, some who have been on this board for much longer, and turn it into a one sided view. They want to keep it positive in all threads and look at this new Eagles as a splendid thing. They don't want us to even have one thread where we can say how we don't like this new Eagles band and they want this thread to go bye-bye. They want us to stop talking about how we don't like it because we, in this one thread they can just ignore, are outspoken against it. That's what they want.

That, in my book, is pure censorship and trying to silence the opposing party.

I don't go in the positive threads and try to tell ya'll how bad this is, so I'd REALLY appreciate it if we could carry on here without someone telling us how wrong we are. Otherwise I think it's fair game to have these discussions in the other thread. If people don't stop coming in here to bash those of us who don't like it, I think I'm going to start posting in all the appropriate threads about the new band.

Ya'll told me in a roundabout way to stay out of the review and anticipation threads and I have. Yet some people here think they can come in the only thread where we can speak our minds and try to shut us down even in here. Nuh-uh.
    I really don't think I said anything that tells you you were wrong. It's the opposite -- I feel you're telling other people that they're wrong for going to see Eagles 3.0. It seems that both sides feel that they're in the minority and are being judged by the other side. I don't know what the solution is; a separate thread for each side? I hate to see all the hurt, anger and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by maryc2130 View Post
    I don't know what the solution is; a separate thread for each side? I hate to see all the hurt, anger and divisiveness.
    I thought that is what this thread was for? And the reviews and anticipation threads were to look forward to it and be positive.

At least, that's what I thought was set in place or what we were doing.

That's what I was doing until people starting coming in here to try to stop it.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger