Page 52 of 166 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Soda, if your purpose is to make members feel guilty for making future posts in the guys' or "Eagles" show threads and enjoying their future endeavors, you have succeeded.

You refuse to attend Don's show that you had been planning on. You condescendingly refer to Don, Joe and Tim as Remnants who don't count. If you are so furious with them, why on earth would you continue to facilitate the board? Lock it up except for the Glenn threads.

I for one don't want to participate with a founder/admin who is so hostile to the guys and passive aggressive. You can do whatever you want with the site, but it appears you have chosen a compromise that isn't good for anyone. Frankly, I'm astonished by your current perspective. Your post has taken all of the enjoyment of participating out of it for me, so I'm out. If your enjoyment has been canceled by Glenn's death and your role is now that of a martyr for continuing the site, you should be out, too.
    I agree 100% with you MC. I am saddened and disappointed with Sodas post - saddened that she still feels this way and that Glenn is the only one of importance within the Eagles and disappointed that she feels the need to demote Don, Joe and Timothy to mere backup musicians or remnants! Do you know how much of an insult that is to them and to their fans ?!?!

So I think you should do as MC suggests and lock all threads apart from Glenn's - he's the only one that matters after all.
    I used to be a fan of Glenn's before I joined this forum, but over the last year or so, not so much anymore. The attitudes of his "superfans" leave a lot to be desired.

There is no fun on this forum anymore, only spite and jealousy and maybe it's time for this to change

I'm sorry if you think I'm being too harsh, but I've really had enough of all this arguing and disagreements. If we all liked the same thing, the world would be a very boring place.
    Last edited by L101; 04-06-2017 at 07:21 AM.
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

It is part of human relationships that sometimes things don't go well and you have to be patient and wait for things to improve.

Clearly Soda and I disagree about things. However, as long as we are still discussing then eventually a mutual understanding might be reached. Soda has the power to ban me any time she wants to. That she hasn't even though I have disagreed shows maturity and reasonableness.

I don't want to engage in cod psychology, but I do think that people are hurting at Glenn's loss, and perhaps this has been expressed in some ways through striking out. These concerts and the way that they perhaps have acted as a lightning rod for the pain that many are feeling. However, this is just a wild guess on my part in my trying to understand what is happening. I don't claim to know what other people are thinking and their motivations. People are more complicated than that.

My experience of online forums is that if there is a split then we're unlikely to end up with multiple functioning forums, but probably two smaller forums that dwindle into inaction and irrelevance. Hence, my intention is to stay.

When I arrived at this forum, not that long ago, Eagles had been one of several bands that I listened to, and there was much, particularly solo work, that I wasn't that knowledgeable about. I've had some very good experiences here, particularly the release of Tim's Leap of Faith and being able to share that with other fans as I know no-one in real life who is a dedicated TBS fan. I'm catching up with everything, and it's exposing me to new music. I believe that there is still much I can benefit from through remaining a member of this forum.

I'm very much looking forward to the forthcoming Jack Tempchin album with Glenn's songs on it, and hope to be able to share that experience with others too. Where is that going to happen if not here?

I sincerely hope you have a good time, Phil.

I completely understand why you, L101, and Mary feel the way you do, and I know you are not alone. I respect all of you.

I wish I could change the way I feel so that you three and others would be happy, but I can't, so I will just have to accept the inevitable negative consequences of that. I'm not looking forward to that; I'm not looking forward to losing people I admire like the three of you. However, I will not be able to personally support the decision of the band going on without Glenn.

It's a no-win situation. I have prepared myself for the very real possibility that this board will die as a result of my inability to get behind "Eagles 3.0". The thought is painful after 11 years of enjoying this board, but I can't pretend I am gung-ho just to keep the numbers up.

I appreciate your friendly attitude, Phil, even though I know I have disappointed you and others who feel the same way. Again, if your feelings should ever change, you are welcome.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I don't envy Soda at the moment. Like I've said before, I have zero interest in the band without Glenn, but clearly there are people who would still like to see them, so I don't want to spoil their fun. However, it's easy for me to say this, because I'm not running, maintaining, managing (or whatever the correct verb is) a website, like Soda is. If I was "maintaining" an Eagles website, I probably wouldn't have any interest in supporting the "3.0 Eagles" (posting news etc.) either. So I feel for you, Soda.

There are people here, especially Annoying Twit (despite the screen name), who still support the band, but talk about it in such a mature manner that it doesn't hurt me even though I've always been a big Glenn fan. I won't name names when it comes to (IMO) hurtful and mean ways of talking about it.
    Last edited by chaim; 04-06-2017 at 08:08 AM.

No Soda please dont let this board die. There are some forums i was apart of that were for bands no longer aroundnbut still completly active

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I'm glad you're keeping the board open for now Soda as I did enjoy finding it last year and getting to know all of you. It has been a bit hard since this announcement and how divided everyone is, but it seems like that in general with a lot of my fandoms and how the world is now especially online. I've come to accept what the guys are doing even though I still don't fully agree with it. Glenn was my favorite but I love everyone in the Eagles and Glenn will always be such a huge presence.

That said if the board ever does shut down I'll understand. Just having lost the IMDB one and how social media sites have come and gone over the almost 20 years I've used the internet I guess I'm used to having things for such a short time, especially being part of a TV show fandom that usually only lasts 6 to 7 years if that.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    I'm glad you're keeping the board open for now Soda as I did enjoy finding it last year and getting to know all of you. It has been a bit hard since this announcement and how divided everyone is, but it seems like that in general with a lot of my fandoms and how the world is now especially online. I've come to accept what the guys are doing even though I still don't fully agree with it. Glenn was my favorite but I love everyone in the Eagles and Glenn will always be such a huge presence.

That said if the board ever does shut down I'll understand. Just having lost the IMDB one and how social media sites have come and gone over the almost 20 years I've used the internet I guess I'm used to having things for such a short time, especially being part of a TV show fandom that usually only lasts 6 to 7 years if that.
    Pretty much how I feel at the moment. It's been easier to accept because there are people even in this forum who like to seem the play. The Eagles is ("are"?) over for me, but I understand now that it's not over for everyone.

I understand Soda's decision. I'm staying. I'm not leaving this board even though I will feel like an outsider because that's how I basically feel right now and its not fun. I probably be the only person posting in Don's thread. I had posted three things the last 2 days and nobody has been there. Nobody doesn't care. I just won't post anymore in that thread since everybody is p*ssed off at the three members or some is leaving the board.

Half of me is glad the guys are getting back together since I've never seen them as one and half of me is sad that they are going on without Glenn. Like I said earlier. I just going to wait and see because this could be just be a one time thing.

I'm still on the fence about them going on, but be p*ssed off at them. That's just not me. For example. I love the 70s group, The Osmonds. They are my other favorite group before the Eagles came along. I've been seeing them in Branson, Missouri since 2009, but been a fan of their music since the late 90s and I also rediscover them(like the Eagles since I like them in the 90s, but stop listening to their music) Right now, the current members Jimmy, Merrill and Jay won't be performing together anymore. Jimmy is going to do more solo stuff and be in UK a lot while Merrill and Jay will continue on as The Osmonds. Merrill and Jay are the only two left from the original Osmond lineup from 1957. The other two original members had to retire because of their health. Some fans are p*ssed that they cancelled a show in Florida a week before the concert and that was the only show in the US to see this last lineup, but won't be able to see them while the fans in the UK will see them a lot this year. Some were not happy and some decide they don't want to support them anymore. They are known to cancel shows especially Merrill when it comes to solo shows. Right now I'm trying to plan probably my last time going to Branson to see them. Jay won't be there in Branson, but their nephew will take Jay's place in the Christmas shows. I was going to go the week after Thanksgiving, but Jimmy decided he wanted to go and be in a musical in the UK the following week(which starts on December 2nd) and that leaves his brother and nephew for the rest of the Christmas season with the Lennon Sisters which they've been during a Christmas show together since 2012 I think. So I have to see them either that week of Thanksgiving or not see Merrill and their nephew at all and see Jimmy's solo show in September. I'm more a Jimmy fan and I want to see him, but also like the group as a whole. So I'm having that same problem I'm having with supporting the Eagles.

I may end up still not seeing the guys. I don't know, but since I'm the minority. I'm just going to keep quiet since I'm basically being berated for my opinions. I haven't yet in this thread, but I'm going by the others so I can basically say I am.

I will continue to support the other three. Probably their solo careers. I would had if it was Don. If some don't want to, fine. I'm ok with that. I'm ok if Soda wants to keep the board the way it is. I'm just not ok with being berated for still supporting them solo wise or whatever.

Now I know how the others who were upset about the recognition of the other members feel. The tables have turned now and it also include Joe and Timothy. It may not be the same situation, but I know how it feels to be a minority and it really hurts to be an outsider.

I really don't like the double standard that goes on on this board at times. If you say something bad about one particular Eagle (in this case Glenn and it used to be Don too until now), you're going to berated and fuss at, but if I turn around and try to defend my favorite(or in this case the surviving members), its suppose to be ok to sit here while they are talking bad about them. Or we getting hated on, get an earful and fuss at. Its not really fair. I read all the nasty replies about Don, Timothy and Joe especially Don.

For a long time, it was a no no to talk bad about Glenn and Don on this board, but I think its not fair the table has been turned and us fans suppose to sit around, shut up, and take it.

I have some thinking to do, but I don't want to leave even if I will be an outsider. A nobody or a minority. I probably, but might stay away from some threads. This is probably my third time posting in this thread.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 04-06-2017 at 02:40 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border

Shun, there's no need to feel like an outsider. There is little activity in the threads for any of the band members at the moment. Except for Randy's. Maybe it's the lull before the storm.

This just happens to be the most active and most contentious thread.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Shun, there's no need to feel like an outsider. There is little activity in the threads for any of the band members at the moment. Except for Randy's. Maybe it's the lull before the storm.

This just happens to be the most active and most contentious thread.
    Actually Don was in England this week to accept an award and he was on stage with Bono yesterday. That's what I posted.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley