Page 130 of 166 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1651

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Soda, I understand what you are saying, and I didn't wish to sound like a victim, but for the past three months I have felt that it has been impossible for me to post. If I return I will stay away from the threads which Austin mentioned.
    I don't blame you FP.

However, I would go away, but that would be being complacent in the sake of giving in. And I don't feel like that is a good idea. So I'm here. And I will be. Maybe I'll get tired and not post anymore, at least not in anything but Classic Eagles threads. But I just don't feel like giving up yet. I don't give in that easy.

I feel that it's horrible that you feel you aren't welcome here anymore because of your views on 3.0 Eagles. We may not have always seen eye to eye, but I respect you and I think the board is better with you here and you contribute greatly.

I know I have people in my corner, and that makes me feel better.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Now, let me tell you what the supporters of this new Eagles really want.

They want to take over this message board and censor those who are against it, some who have been on this board for much longer, and turn it into a one sided view. They want to keep it positive in all threads and look at this new Eagles as a splendid thing. They don't want us to even have one thread where we can say how we don't like this new Eagles band and they want this thread to go bye-bye. They want us to stop talking about how we don't like it because we, in this one thread they can just ignore, are outspoken against it. That's what they want.
    This is getting ridiculous, I'm sorry but it is. Really Walshfan, supporters of the new Eagles want to take over the message board? Are you being serious?

That, in my book, is pure censorship and trying to silence the opposing party.
    Your book is wrong. I suggest you return it for a refund or try reading it again to get a better understanding of what censorship is. Otherwise, please provide a real, concrete example of the "censorship" you believe is taking place and how you are being "silenced". You keep bringing up what happened in the Classic pre-anticipation thread and mischaracterizing it. You were not run off and told to stay away. You were violating the spirit of the thread, as outlined by the administrator herself (are you going to accuse her of trying to silence you?). Not to mention you were going OT with your Beatles talk. Nothing unusual about being called out for that and it is NOT the same as what is happening on 3.0.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Soda, I understand what you are saying, and I didn't wish to sound like a victim, but for the past three months I have felt that it has been impossible for me to post. If I return I will stay away from the threads which Austin mentioned.
    Freypower, of course you know you are welcome here, but don't do anything that will cause you undue stress. Take care of yourself.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    You were violating the spirit of the thread, as outlined by the administrator herself (are you going to accuse her of trying to silence you?). Not to mention you were going OT with your Beatles talk. Nothing unusual about being called out for that and it is NOT the same as what is happening on 3.0.
    Wuhhh?

Soda said we got off topic in that thread and I personally asked at the time Dreamer or Soda to move them for the sake of the thread, and I apologized. That happened one time. One. Time.

I don't see where I was "condemned" in this thread by Soda on this page? If anything she realized what was being done here by some as if they don't like it, they have the positive threads. And she removed a nasty comment by L101.

When I say silenced, I'm talking about some people coming into this thread getting all over me when this is the thread to discuss being against the new band.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Look, I'm sorry for my comments on the whole reasons for going thing...I'm still confused, but I'm not trying to judge you and I'm sorry for that.

But you have to see it from the other side. Some people come in here (Delilah, for one) and try to shut us down in the ONE and ONLY thread we can talk about how we aren't ok with the new band going forward and I feel like we are being silenced. And I'm not ok with that and I'm not sorry for standing up for our right to speak our minds freely. Silence is passive support. And I don't go for that...

Again, please provide an example of how I have tried to shut you down. And to be clear, disagreeing with you, giving a counterpoint to your point, and challenging your position is not "silencing" you. I have not seen anyone say you cannot talk about your disapproval of the new Eagles on the appropriate topic. If anything, I and many others have expressed our understanding and sympathy regarding how this has upset some fans. Meanwhile you posted a comment that "if you dont like it, leave" which is the closest thing I've seen to censorship here.

It seems like you are making some accusations that are based on nothing more than your misinterpretations of posts and exaggerations of what is being said. I never said you couldn't talk about your opinion of the new Eagles (issue A) but b/c I spoke up on behalf of some us fans when you clearly crossed the line with your personal judgments and attempts to shame us (issue B) you are now making it to be all about being "silenced" regarding issue A.

Again, please provide an example of how I have tried to shut you down. And to be clear, disagreeing with you, giving a counterpoint to your point, and challenging your position is not "silencing" you. I have not seen anyone say you cannot talk about your disapproval of the new Eagles on the appropriate topic. If anything, I and many others have expressed our understanding and sympathy regarding how this has upset some fans. Meanwhile you posted a comment that "if you dont like it, leave" which is the closest thing I've seen to censorship here.

It seems like you are making some accusations that are based on nothing more than your misinterpretations of posts and exaggerations of what is being said. I never said you couldn't talk about your opinion of the new Eagles (issue A) but b/c I spoke up on behalf of some us fans when you clearly crossed the line with your personal judgments and attempts to shame us (issue B) you are now making it to be all about issue A.
    Well, here's the way I see it. Y'all have several threads all of which positive, and I think we have a right to this one and not being "challenged". Otherwise what's good for the goose is good for the gander. I don't see it fair I can't share my thoughts here without people nagging me, but I don't do that to your thread. I think there should be a thread just for those of us who are against it and only those of us who are against it, and a thread or even 50 threads for those for it and only those for it. Then maybe I won't feel "silenced". You can't have your cake and eat it too. If you want to counter it fine, but don't go after me anymore.

Examples, just look. You are counting on me not to go quote you, and you're right. It's too much work. So you win there. But obviously I've had people tell me in public and in private that they see it the way I do. And that's enough for me.

I already apologized profusely about my comments for "reasons going". I'm sorry.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Wuhhh?

Soda said we got off topic in that thread and I personally asked at the time Dreamer or Soda to move them for the sake of the thread, and I apologized. That happened one time. One. Time.

I don't see where I was "condemned" in this thread by Soda on this page? If anything she realized what was being done here by some as if they don't like it, they have the positive threads. And she removed a nasty comment by L101.

When I say silenced, I'm talking about some people coming into this thread getting all over me when this is the thread to discuss being against the new band.
    That's not what I meant. I'm sorry if I was unclear. I meant her comment didn't have sting of condemnation that your comment did re: folks who didn't get to see the Eagles with Glenn.

That's not what I meant. I'm sorry if I was unclear. I meant her comment didn't have sting of condemnation that your comment did re: folks who didn't get to see the Eagles with Glenn.
    Ok...

As far as I'm concerned, I don't care about Issue B anymore. That was my bad and I admit it and I really came across with something that wasn't my intent.

Issue A is still something I'd like to discuss here, and something I'm going to continue to discuss. I'll leave fans out of it completely. I never intended for them to be a target anyway, I wasn't mad at them but it made it seem as such.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Stuck on the Border

From where I'm standing Austin's worry about "silencing" didn't come out of thin air. I feel the same. Maybe we are wrong, but I feel it too. Anyway, when I see another "this is an Eagles forum, so why would anyone say anything negative about the current lineup" kind of comment, I will remind him/her of this.

We just had a baby about a month ago (screaming downstairs at the moment..), so I've not been online as much as usual, but I appreciate what Austin is doing here. Maybe we are wrong, but I feel you're speaking for me too.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Sorry, L101. It's not acceptable to call people names on this board. Your post has been removed. Please engage in discussion without the attacks, like the intelligent woman I know you are.
    Soda, I have sent you a PM explaining my comment.
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"