Page 101 of 166 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1651

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Default Re: New Eagles members????

Quote Originally Posted by DaBoz View Post
    I just saw this on the Acoustic Guitar Forum:

"Has anyone else read that The Eagles are adding two new members to continue performing and touring?

The two new members will be Deacon Frey, Glenn's 24 year old son and (drum roll)... Vince Gill...

I know Vince has the high tenor voice, and his guitar
    chops take a backseat to no one...

This might be interesting..."

Any thoughts???
    Actually, our Eagles 3.0 topic is about this. I will merge the threads.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Bew Kid In Town they filmed several shows for the HOTE tour. Most bands who are huge film every show of a tour. Thats specifically why they have those big screens if you are far back in the venue

I wonder what songs Descon will sing. Based on what the interview said it would be like
    Deacon would sing

Heartache Tonight
    Take It Easy
    Already Gone
    Doolin Dalton.

Vince I think will take
    Peaceful Easy Feeling(This is a given)
    Tequila Sunrise
    New Kid In Town
    Lyin Eyes

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    Bew Kid In Town they filmed several shows for the HOTE tour. Most bands who are huge film every show of a tour. Thats specifically why they have those big screens if you are far back in the venue

I wonder what songs Descon will sing. Based on what the interview said it would be like
    Deacon would sing

Heartache Tonight
    Take It Easy
    Already Gone
    Doolin Dalton.

Vince I think will take
    Peaceful Easy Feeling(This is a given)
    Tequila Sunrise
    New Kid In Town
    Lyin Eyes
    I'm not sure it's given that Vince will sing PEF. I know he's sung it a few times, but didn't Deacon sing it at Glenn's memorial service/concert? I believe there were some very positive comments about his performance at that time. If they sing Doolin' Dalton, I wouldn't be surprised if Vince sings it. He has a pretty high tenor voice. It's conceivable that Vince could do TITTL, if they decide to perform that song.

I also wonder who will sing what and how many songs of Glenn's they will sing. I wonder if Deacon will sing any original songs or covers that the Eagles have never performed?

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    Vince I think will take

New Kid In Town
    I think Vince Gill singing New Kid in Town would be really uncomfortable for everyone.

Will she still love you when you're not around?

They will never forget you Til somebody new comes along.

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I would be surprised if they did an album. However, I question if there would be a big market even with Glenn in the line-up. The days of huge album sales are long gone. Their best chance of decent album sales at this point would be to go more country and/or country rock. That's where younger audiences are and where the buzz is aside from genres like hip-hop, pop, and EDM. When I was growing up, everyone's parents/grandparents listened to country and the younger people listened to rock. It's all reversed now. Wasn't Cass County a lot more successful than Inside Job? LROOE did as well as it did, imo, b/c it was marketed as a country-tinged album. "How Long", a classic country rocker, did much better than the more standard rock song, "Get Over It" when they were 15 years younger. So Vince Gill could turn out to be an asset after all.

A new album could mean a chance some previously unreleased Glenn songs would be included.
    Though, it must be said that the country out today is NOT your grandaddy's country. It's actually more of a classic rock throwback with some EDM-flavored pop and hiphop throw in for good measure. I actually love it, but it's a far cry from Vince's style. Cass County, I think, mostly sold to older people who still buy records and maybe a few younger people that like that kind of music.

But the country today that is "hot" is nothing like the country of even a decade ago. And in the last decade we've seen a shift from the southern rock thing (Jason Aldean's Hicktown and She's Country) to very pop oriented (Thomas Rhett's Crash and Burn and T-Shirt). And not to forget the hip hop influence in it on songs like Jason Aldean's 1994 or Luke Bryan's That's My Kind Of Night.

So I don't necessarily think they are bringing Gill along to appeal to a younger crowd. If anything, Deacon would be the one they'd most be interested in.

But Vince is known for the more dyed in the wool country/western music of the 90s and prior... The more pore country. I'm not a fan of classic country so much.

But yes, you are totally right that country and pop are what is hot right now. It's just not the kind of country Vince Gill would play. "How Long", is more traditional leaning and right up Vince's alley, but it's not what young people listen to now.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I think Vince Gill singing New Kid in Town would be really uncomfortable for everyone.

Will she still love you when you're not around?

They will never forget you Til somebody new comes along.
    I agree.

Strangely I was just revisiting a conversation with Don and Glenn by Cameron Crowe in August 2003. Glenn was so proud of New Kid in Town winning a Grammy for best vocal arrangement.

https://www.theuncool.com/journalism...of-the-eagles/

Border Desperado

Has anyone heard if there is a possibility of live streaming these concerts? I for one would be more than willing to pay to see them live. It's killing me that I'm not going to the west coast show.

Woodstock, I haven't heard anything yet - but I wouldn't count it out. Still, they might be hesitant to announce a livestream for fear it would hurt sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Strangely I was just revisiting a conversation with Don and Glenn by Cameron Crowe in August 2003. Glenn was so proud of New Kid in Town winning a Grammy for best vocal arrangement.

https://www.theuncool.com/journalism...of-the-eagles/
    As well he should be. Such a magnificent song.

This idea that these incredible songs only live on if they're played in concert is so laughable. They live on because they're listened to by people on their headphones or on their stereos when they need to hear it, because they affect people, because they make people's lives better even if just for a few minutes..... not because those people hike out to some festival or arena and pay hundreds of dollars to hear someone who's not Glenn sing what will essentially sound like a cover version.

Stuck on the Border

I haven't heard anything yet - but I wouldn't count it out. Still, they might be hesitant to announce a livestream for fear it would hurt sales.

This idea that these songs only live on if they're played in concert is so laughable. They live on because they're listened to by people on their headphones or on their stereo when they need to hear it, not because they hike out to some festival or arena and pay hundreds of dollars to hear someone who's not Glenn essentially sing what will sound like a cover version.
    Indeed.

I haven't heard anything yet - but I wouldn't count it out. Still, they might be hesitant to announce a livestream for fear it would hurt sales.

This idea that these incredible songs only live on if they're played in concert is so laughable. They live on because they're listened to by people on their headphones or on their stereos when they need to hear it, because they affect people, because they make their lives better even if just for a few minutes..... not because those people hike out to some festival or arena and pay hundreds of dollars to hear someone who's not Glenn essentially sing what will sound like a cover version.
    Well said. I could not agree more.
    Last edited by Dawn; 06-05-2017 at 02:12 PM.