Page 104 of 166 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1651

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I understand. The truth is that I feel sorry for people whose only "Eagles show" will be this.
    Why? It is possible that first-timers at these shows will have a truly enjoyable time. I'm sure they will have an idea of what they missed when Glenn was there, but they can't really know. Ignorance is bliss, perhaps? No doubt there are fans who got to see them in their 70s heyday who feel sorry for those who only got to see them when they were past their prime. Yet the late-day fans still saw a great concert.

I wish I could have seen them live at some point but having seen so much video footage of their shows, it is kind of a meaningless regret b/c I definitely would have preferred to see them in the 70s--and I was too young to go to concerts then.

You may want to feel sorry for those of us who missed Glenn's solo shows. That is something I truly regret missing.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

BTW travlnman2, since you seem to care very much about having the opportunity to see them now, I'm curious... do you plan on going to Classic East or Classic West?

If they tour, are you planning on going?

Is there anyone else here who would be seeing this band for the first time only now, after Glenn is gone?
    No. But if they do plan on touring and coming to my area. I will go see hem.
    Thing is we are the minority. If people really think that Don is okay with replacing his brother snd collaborators. Watch the Grammy performance. Does Don look like he is okay with playing Glenn's songs without Glenn? Hell No. This is a way of Grieving for them. Cindy is Glenns's wife and knew him better then anyone besides Don if she was honestly not okay with the band using tmhe Eagles name she would have sued them like Judy Van Zant did to Lynyrd Skynyrd in 1988.

This does not look like the Eagles are okay with performing without Glenn.
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3sn0pe

At the Classics they are not going to perform like "Hey everyone we are still the Eagles even without Glenn but we have his son and Vince Geil" Look at the KCH. Vince was really emotional during Peacefull Easy Fealing.

The band are going to be very emotional at these concerts and they are NOT going to act like Glenn is replaceable.

Many people never got to see the Eagles love. They are not the same without Glenn and will not act like that.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    So you don't give a crap about the millions of fans like me who NEVER got to see the band in concert? What if it was Joe, Tim or Don that died I am sure you would be saying they are still a band. 100%. I am glad Glenn's family are the ones who get to okay this and not fans.
    I'm sorry for the people who did not get the chance to see the Real Eagles with Don Henley and Glenn Frey in charge. I do not think that this will be the same at all. How could it? Glenn was the Eagles front man for over 40 years. He was described as 'The glue that held the band together'. The new line up may provide a flawless professional experience for the people who go, but will their HEARTS be in it?
    Don, Timothy and Joe have done excellent solo concerts over the past year. When Don sang songs like OOTN or HC it was almost like being at an Eagles show.
    I think it would be better if they stuck to their solo efforts.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    I'm sorry for the people who did not get the chance to see the Real Eagles with Don Henley and Glenn Frey in charge. I do not think that this will be the same at all. How could it? Glenn was the Eagles front man for over 40 years. He was described as 'The glue that held the band together'. The new line up may provide a flawless professional experience for the people who go, but will their HEARTS be in it?
    Don, Timothy and Joe have done excellent solo concerts over the past year. When Don sang songs like OOTN or HC it was almost like being at an Eagles show.
    I think it would be better if they stuck to their solo efforts.

Yes their hearts will be in the show.

Exhibit A: www.dailymotion.com/video/x3sn0pe

Exhibit B: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-wZhXQdbrY

Exhibit C: "He was like a brother to me; we were family, and like most families, there was some dysfunction. But, the bond we forged 45 years ago was never broken, even during the 14 years that the Eagles were dissolved. We were two young men who made the pilgrimage to Los Angeles with the same dream: to make our mark in the music industry -- and with perseverance, a deep love of music, our alliance with other great musicians and our manager, Irving Azoff, we built something that has lasted longer than anyone could have dreamed. But, Glenn was the one who started it all. He was the spark plug, the man with the plan. He had an encyclopedic knowledge of popular music and a work ethic that wouldn't quit. He was funny, bullheaded, mercurial, generous, deeply talented and driven. He loved is wife and kids more than anything. We are all in a state of shock, disbelief and profound sorrow. We brought our two-year 'History of the Eagles Tour' to a triumphant close at the end of July and now he is gone. I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some."

Those were all tributes.

This will not be.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Henley
    "We brought our two-year 'History of the Eagles Tour' to a triumphant close at the end of July and now he is gone."
    It should have ended there... As Don said, triumphantly.

How will it end now?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Those were all tributes.

This will not be.

How will it end now?
    Agree 100%....

Those were all tributes.

This will not be.

How will it end now?

Glenn went up to Bernie saying "This is not the End."

Maybe you didnt see the context this is going to be a tribute to Glen
    On a high note with Deacon Frey paying tribute to his father with the Eagles who will pay tribute to his father. They want to play for the fans. With Glenn's family

God forbid....if Don was to "leave" next, should Joe & Timothy get someone to fill his shoes and keep playing??...I don't imagine that would go over very well...I'm not saying they shouldn't keep playing, but I heard today that Vince Gill is now officially an Eagles...made want to throw up...

So I take that if you do want to see the band pay tribute to THEIR bandmate at a concert you are not welcome here?

Quote Originally Posted by Glennhoney View Post
    God forbid....if Don was to "leave" next, should Joe & Timothy get someone to fill his shoes and keep playing??...I don't imagine that would go over very well...I'm not saying they shouldn't keep playing, but I heard today that Vince Gill is now officially an Eagles...made want to throw up...

No. Joe and Tim do not have that power.

What makes me want to throw up is no one is giving the guys a benefit because they all knew him the best but suddenly fans on a message board know better then the guys who lived and theoretically bled with him?