Page 11 of 166 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Banned

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    Does he need 'his' songs? He only had one lead vocal and a bit of lead guitar on HOTE yet was out there for 14 songs IIRC. It was genuinely wonderful to see him back in the fold and I believe Glenn told him that it wasn't over so I can't see why they'd omit him again. Even if he just stands in as an extra rhythm guitarist and vocal harmony he'd definitely be an asset to proceedings.

(Edit - see his inclusion on Hotel California at the RRHOF induction)
    I'm a Walsh fan but I don't want this to become a Henley/Walsh show.
    I didn't see any of the HOTE tour but once the ballads were out of the way, the set list would be just Henley and Walsh without Glenn's Heartache Tonight and Take It Easy.

Eagles HOTE set list, after Tim's final lead vocal. Love Will Keep Us Alive:

Heartache Tonight
    Those Shoes
    In the City
    Life's Been Good
    The Long Run
    Funk #49
    Life in the Fast Lane

Encore:
    Hotel California
    Take It Easy
    Rocky Mountain Way
    Desperado
    I've no problem with the Eagles continuing to play live dates but I think they need someone who can sing a song or two towards the end of the set without upsetting the momentum of the show.

Bernie doing Journey Of The Sorcerer could be an awesome addition.

Banned

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    I've gone through all the concerts on Eagles.com (great to see loads of solo concerts listed there), Don H's website. Joe's website and Twitter. Tim's website. Irving Azoff's twitter.

There is no 'news' that Eagles are getting back together in any of these locations. I do not think that lack of a disconfirmation means that this is confirmed. I continue to wait for official confirmation that Eagles will play at these festivals, or anywhere else.

There is no confirmation that I can see. Can anyone find actual confirmation that the Eagles will play again? As until there is confirmation, I don't believe this.
    I accept this Billboard article as confirmation, AT, although it doesn't actually confirm the involvement of Don, Joe, Tim or Bernie.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/bu...oobie-brothers

Nice post Delilah The authenticity of the Eagles has been in question since the original quartet of Glenn, Don, Randy and Bernie was modified but they've always managed to be a great live act. I hope that continues.

Stuck on the Border

I will only say one thing about this & that is that I find it desperately sad, not to mention hollow, meaningless & a complete contradiction of Henley's earlier statements that it would be wrong to play without the founding member.

Everyone else feel free to speculate on which songs etc will be played.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    First of all, let me begin by saying that I am a life-long Eagles fan and was heartbroken by the loss of Glenn Frey last year. As a fan who has attended several dozen shows over the last decade, it is devastating to know I’ll never see another live performance by my favorite band ever again.

In response to a resumption of the Eagles, it is, no doubt, a very controversial topic. There are some fans who will be elated while others will be repulsed. Both are entitled to their feelings, but let's try to be respectful of both sides.

However, while I haven't responded in this thread up to this point, I can say with certainty that I don’t have to wait for any announcement to know how I feel about this. To be honest, the possibility of the Eagles performing or recording without Glenn causes me much anxiety – the mere thought almost sickens me. I would feel the very same way if this was Don we were talking about. I don’t have to remind anyone that these two men are the only members who were in the band from its inception and are responsible for co-writing and singing most of the band’s hits. I fully support Don, Joe, and Timothy forging on with their solo careers or in collaborative projects with other musicians for as long as they wish to do so. However, there are only three scenarios where I would find a band resumption acceptable:

1. They perform only a handful of shows billed as a tribute to Glenn with possible guests appearances.
    2. They perform only a handful of shows with Deacon filling in for his father.
    3. They perform together occasionally under another name.

But, speaking only for myself, I believe it will reflect very badly on the remaining band members if they choose to continue performing being marketed and billed as the Eagles without Glenn. Can we say the appearance of greed, disrespect, deceit, and poor taste for starters? If this happens, I can definitively say:

HELL NO – I WON’T GO!!!
    Agreed.

Stuck on the Border

Hi everyone. As I stated earlier in this thread, I am new to the Border. I am surprised but not shocked by this. I know about the numerous interviews Don, Tim & Joe have given saying the Eagles ended with Glenn. However, I just recently read a couple of interview with all three in which they indicated they would consider doing some shows together. I also read where Tim and Joe stated they missed playing together.

I guess this is an example of "never say never". I would guess that something like this would include Bernie.... Citi Field is not huge, only holds about 45,000 people as apposed large stadiums that can hold 55,000 to 60,000 people. In fact, I am surprised it is not at Met Life(Giants ) Stadium, which holds 80,000 people and is just as easy to get to.

I have been lucky to see the Eagles twice. I had wanted to attend the HOTE tour but the tickets for really good seats at the Garden were almost $1,000.00. Rafter seats were $225.00. Too expensive for me. I would guess tickets for these shows would be very pricey.

Best Wishes To All,
    Tina

Border Desperado

I think people make statements in the early stages of grief that later they wish they hadn't. Most people realize within that first year that a major part of their life will be missing forever. You have to decide if you're going to spend the time you have left "living" or just waiting around until your time is up. If Don, Joe, Timothy and maybe Bernie enjoy performing music with each other, why shouldn't they? No one is being forced to buy tickets or attend if they don't support or agree with the decision. I'm not sure but I think in an interview ( maybe the last time they went to Australia) Glenn made a comment about there is a point where commerce meets entertainment.

I understand all the reasons why or why not, but I still just feel sad.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I still find it very hard to believe but, since Don has not come out and said anything yet, I'm skeptical.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...302-story.html

Both acts are managed by Azoff MSG Entertainment, but a spokesman for veteran superstar manager Irving Azoff said Thursday that “we are not prepared to release anything officially — this caught us by surprise,” in reference to Billboard’s initial report of the shows.

Surprise? Hmmmmmm.......

ETA: if this has been posted already, beg my forgiveness.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I will only say one thing about this & that is that I find it desperately sad, not to mention hollow, meaningless & a complete contradiction of Henley's earlier statements that it would be wrong to play without the founding member.

Everyone else feel free to speculate on which songs etc will be played.
    ..Totally agree.........

Border Desperado

All any of us can do is speculate. The decision to perform, the reasons why, the amount they will be paid, who will or will not sing with them and the name they choose are their business. As fans, we can choose to support them or not after they make their choices. You don't have to attend if you don't like what is happening. Because we buy albums, cds, dvds, concert tickets, t-shirts, etc. that doesn't mean that we are entitled to anymore than the enjoyment we receive from our purchases. The band has always been very expressive about how important the fans are and how much they appreciate them.
    Last edited by WKMB55; 03-12-2017 at 12:59 AM.