Page 124 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1651

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

It's true that no one wants to go to an outdoor stadium in the winter - ugh! However, there are indoor stadiums all across the country; there's even one in Atlanta. For those, the time of year is irrelevant. If they are only doing a few of these Classic shows, they can schedule around teams.

You use stadiums for sports typically unless it's a music festival or a huge name, and Azoff was billing the "Classic Northwest" as a festival, but in the end it was just two acts. Of course it's not going to fill a stadium.

Maybe they just needed a reality check. Or maybe I'm totally off-base. Who knows!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Well it does if you're wanting to play at an outdoor baseball stadium like Wrigley Field in Chicago, both ballparks in Ohio, or how it even was in LA and NY. Most baseball stadiums are still outdoors and I know a few bands actually got in trouble for how they treated Wrigley and they almost had to postpone a game once for that as the outfield got really damaged.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

You're right, but I'm talking about indoor stadiums.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ms_by_capacity

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

UTW - Stadiums here are where baseball and American football are played outdoors. Baseball is played from April to the end of October. Football is played from August to January. Schedules are worked around those that share the same stadiums. A few such as Seattle have doms that can close during bad weather and be temp. controlled. They can hold anywhere from 40,000 to 100,00 people. Baseball stadiums usually hold appx. 45,000 to 60,000 and football stadiums hold 60,000 to 100,000 people. Met Life(Giants Stadium to everyone) here in NJ where the NY Giants and NY Jets play holds 80,000 people. Some college football stadiums hold 100,000 such as the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, Calif.

Arenas are indoor facilities like Madison Square Garden in NYC. They do basketball, hockey and concerts. They usually hold between 15,000 to 20,000 people. MSG holds appx. 20,000.

I saw the Eagles(1980 the LR Tour) and a few other groups at Giants Stadium. Thankfully the weather was good. However I saw Paul Simon outdoors at a Wolftrap type venue in NJ and it rained so hard I could not have gotten more wet if I stood in the shower. Needless to say, I think twice about buying lawn seats.

Well, hope that helps you.

PS - I never believed a word Don said about touring. He has changed his story too many times and there is too much money to be made. They will continue to tour as long as they can sell the tickets and Don, Joe and Tim are physically able to do so.

Stuck on the Border

Not at all surprised. TBH I don't believe anything about the band that Don says at this point. Even Joe. Joe's just along for the ride and says what he's told to say. Same with TBS. I don't think it's safe to trust them as far as the band's plans go.

It's their (Don and Irving) cash cow and they are going to milk it until they can no longer do so. End of story. They don't care if it looks bad, they want the green...

It's sad. I'm still very disappointed but not surprised.

Stuck on the Border

Thank you all for the explanations about the venues.

If they are finding they have to go for smaller venues, then I'll admit to a touch of schadenfreude. While I don't object (too much) to them carrying on, I would expect demand to be less leading to smaller venues and lower ticket prices as it has with other bands with key members missing. The idea that after losing Glenn, they could somehow fill stadiums rather than arenas seemed odd.

Stuck on the Border

Well, maybe it's just me but I can't see big venues selling out without Glenn. I saw that almost up to the time of the East festival they were still selling tickets. So, I don't know if it was sold out.
    Based on Eagles FB fans pages, almost everyone talks about going if the do a concert in their town. I know life gets it the way for people, but from HFO on the Eagles played together for 21 years and if someone could not see them then, will they see them now? During those 21 years, the Eagles priced themselves out of many fans being able to see them. I noticed the ticket prices were cheaper in Seattle, but not that cheap - almost $500.00 for the first few rows.
    Don and Irving will try to squeeze every cent out of ticket prices they can. Irving seems to believe they can charge almost any price and people will pay it.
    I expect them to add many more dates to their touring schedule. As I said before, I do not trust a word Don and Irving say. They have been eating their words since March 2016.

I'm curious, were the Eagles selling out stadiums during the HOTE tour? My impression is that they haven't played stadiums since HFO, except for festivals, etc.

I don't think we have any way of knowing how many "repeat" attendees will be going to upcoming concerts vs. newbies, and I'm not sure what difference that makes anyway. It's conceivable some attendees will be in their 20s. And it is certainly possible that the unfortunate deaths of several classic rock/pop icons over the past 2 years has spurred many music fans to see their favorite bands while they still can.

As an aside, the link I posted yesterday re: the new concert dates doesn't seem to be working anymore so here is a new link, https://eagles.com (very cool to see Randy in the backdrop).

ETA: It makes sense that the Seattle tickets are cheaper given it's not a two-day festival with 6 different acts performing.
    Last edited by Delilah; 08-14-2017 at 10:10 AM.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border

I think HotE was an arena tour, which is why I was surprised when they appeared to be trying for stadiums (with the "Classic" format).

Or instead of calling Money grabbers. Based off the Classic Shows and the KCH they saw that many people never got to see them and that it would be a dream come true for fans to see them just once in their life.