Page 126 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1651

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    So now we have gone from passing judgment on the Eagles for doing what musicians do--perform on stage--to passing judgment on fans who didn't see the band with Glenn and want to see the band now. This thread has officially hit a new low. It's one thing to slam Henley as money-hungry and greedy as well accusing him of "eating" the words that he spoke mere weeks after Glenn passed--he's a public figure. He's going to be a target regardless. But to criticize fans, including members of this board, for wanting to see the band perform, even without Glenn, has me baffled and offended. Is this the Twilight Zone? I thought this was an Eagles fansite, where we are glad if some one's "dream come true" to see the band live comes to fruition.

You don't have to buy it, Walshfan, because no one owes you an explanation or an apology. But I'll repeat what I said in another post as food for thought. The last two years we have seen an unprecedented number of popular musicians die, and this has no doubt ignited a desire among many fans to see their favorite bands while they still can. It doesn't matter if they could have, would have, should have done it beforehand. And it's no one else's business either.

It appears to me your resentment over the remaining Eagles continuing on has spilled over from Henley to Vince Gill and now first-time concert-goers.
    LOL...

You people just don't get it...

All I'll say is this, if you think what is touring as "Eagles" right now is any way anywhere near the quality of the real band, we are NOT going to see things in the same light. At all. So I probably should just stop there, but why not really say it.

I don't necessarily hold animosity to those going. I don't hate them. But I also may feel like the excuse they use for going isn't legit. I'll admit to feeling that. I'll admit to feeling baffled at why people actually LIKE this. It makes me shake my head, and yes, at times to whoever posts about how much they love it. I'm confused, got, shocked, etc. That's not hatred. That's just complete shock.

To me Vince Gill serves 0 purpose and yes, my thoughts on him have lessened since joining the band and making the comments he's made and making him sound like he should have been in the band and that he's a "good Eagle". So yeah, I'm resentful towards Vince. Not in terms of his talent, but the fact he isn't actively doing anything in the band that is in any way worthy of him being there.

And yeah, I'm mad at DH and Azoff for running their greedy little hands through the dough they are raking in off of what was at least partially if not moreso, Glenn's hard work, talent, and creation. I'm mad at them for watering the name down and seeing them go out with a whimper as one last chance to take Eagles fans for their money while delivering a subpar concert without IMO the most important member of the band. Yeah, I'm mad and I don't really care to hide it for the sake of "positivity" on the board, much like I don't go in the other threads to not hinder their views of this "sacred" tour. But this is a thread where we can be vocally against this whole thing. It isn't right to expect us to keep to ourselves with negative comments for the sake of everyone else going gangbusters over it.

So I'm going to tell you what I was told when I posted in the review thread - this is OUR place to have to voice our disdain for this. Y'all have your review and anticipation and now the Evening with the Eagles thread. We have this ONE thread. Please allow us to share our feelings without feeling the need to walk on eggshells. And I will do my very best to keep it positive elsewhere. Thank you.

I know you say you feel not welcome here as a fan of the 3.0 Eagles. I feel the reverse is true. I'm starting to feel like the majority is cool with this and is trying to silence the minority who's against it completely. Well I'm not about to lie down. So much like people going to these shows don't owe me an apology, I don't owe them one either for not jumping onboard with this. You're offended? Well me too.
    Last edited by WalshFan88; 08-16-2017 at 06:20 AM.

Banned

I never got to see the Eagles with Randy Meisner. I saw them plenty of times since HFO, almost always a great show but still a compromise from the line up I really wanted to see.

I decided a few years ago that Eagles shows were no longer worth the hassle and expense but remembering how excited and privileged I felt, attending that first show, even with added comfort blanket musos and without the guy who played and sang on the on the majority of the records, I'd never want to deny past and future Eagles fans the chance to experience that, even if the band have since become a lot less authentic.

Well done Delilah for standing up for fans who "apparently" couldn't get to see Eagles before Glenn died.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by BillBailey1976 View Post
    That's one of the reasons why, after weighing it, we decided to take the gamble that they'd play Knoxville next year. We've seen the "Eagles" in a true sense of the word, watching the HOTE show. And I've seen them, in an even truer sense, when it was the 5 members who were active when they stopped in 1980.
    Do I want to see them again? Yes. Am I willing to risk not seeing them? Yes.
    I like this approach. If there's a show I'd like to see, I try to work out what I would have to do to make it happen and then work out whether it is worth the cost - personal as well as financial.

The version of the band I would have loved to have seen was the original four, probably from 1973. But I want to see them as a bunch of twentysomethings rather men in late middle-age reproducing the songs of their youth.

I was able to see the HotE tour and it was thrilling to see 3/4 of the original band despite their age. It worked out for me - I had been planning a trip to Canada and all I had to do was shift the dates by a week. However, if I hadn't seen the documentary and been hanging around here, I probably wouldn't have thought about it. I might be even have been one of those people now thinking I'd like to see Eagles 3.0 if they came somewhere near me and the tickets were cheap enough.

My current thinking is that I'd rather see a tribute band than the current line-up. It won't be authentic but it won't cost me much in time or money and there's a chance that the setlist will be more interesting.

It's up to each of us to make up our own mind about what (and how much) we want.

Border Rebel

I'm not going to add much here, but I do feel that there's a lot of judgment going on. There are valid, personal "excuses" why people haven't been able to see the Eagles before. There are a lot of young fans here who may not have been able to go on their own before this. There are also plenty of people who can't afford to go to concerts, or couldn't at some point in their lives. Eagles' ticket prices have rarely been cheap. Judging those people for not going before now is coming pretty close to judging people for being poor, IMHO.

Also (yeah, I said I wasn't going to add much, but I guess that didn't work out),while this is a thread for everyone to say what they think, IMHO, it's better not to judge those who hold opposite opinions. The moderators may hold a different view, but I think it's better to pass judgment on this incarnation of the band, but not on the fans that want to go to see them.
    Last edited by maryc2130; 08-16-2017 at 11:43 AM.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I agree with Mary. I had to post as I felt offended by some of the posts here and how my parents didn't have that much extra spending money back in the 90s and had to work hard to get that. That's why we can go now and none of us thought Glenn would be gone so soon. We took it for granted that he would still be here and it would work out to see them all. Just because some of us couldn't afford it or like me are part of the younger generation that missed out on a lot of things doesn't mean that we can't go if we want to.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

Mary - Well said. I have said numerous times I do not agree with this "new" version of the band. However, I totally agree that people have very valid reasons for not seeing the guys before Glenn passed. This is a fan site where people live all over the world, from Serbia, to UK, Mexico, to Aust. & NZ. Many people on this site did not discover the Eagles until after HOTE was shown on tv. Many more were too young or not yet born when they re-united for HFO. In addition, the Great Recession hit this Country and most Countries very hard. People were loosing their homes and job. Seeing the Eagles and paying outrageous prices is not an option when you are trying to feed, cloth, and keep a roof over your family.

Lets face it, when the Eagles re-grouped in 1994 for HFO, their tickets were not cheap and there was a long and loud outcry about the high tickets prices. They pretty much started the trend. If you are trying to support yourself or your family, paying $500 to $1,500 for Eagles tickets is not going to happen.

I personally had wanted to see the HOTE tour. However ticket prices were $500 to $1,5000 for one ticket. I could not afford a ticket for that price then. My sister and BIL, are big fans and wanted to go. However they could not afford to pay $1,000 to $3,000 for two tickets. In addition, in 2014, they had both just been laid off and had a family to support. The Eagles priced themselves out of the reach of many, many, long time fans who would have loved to see them. That is not the fault of the people who could not afford to see them.

I can understand why people feel they want to see them now before Don, Joe and Tim cannot tour any more or suddenly pass like Glenn did. So, I say to all who want to go now, go see them because you never know what next year may bring. This is just my opinion. Sorry for the long rant/response.

I agree with everything that has been said.

Let me tell you a few reasons why I couldn't go if anybody even cared since I'm being judged with seeing this lineup. 1). In 1994, I was 14 when the guys got back together(I was also starting to listen to other genres around this time too) and my mother was very strict with me seeing white artist(yes my mother was like that and she is still like that today. Being black and young during the 90s, I was ashamed to say I liked white music other than R&B or rap. I'm not ashamed today of course since its different.). So I couldn't see them during the HFO era. 2). I really stopped listening to a few artists into the millennium. The Eagles and The Osmonds were(well actually still are) my favorite and I stopped listening to them for a decade and I rediscovered the Eagles again when the HOTE documentary came out. I had a few songs on my MP3 player, but I wasn't a fan fan like I am today. Plus in the in the early to mid 2000s, I was a college student. When I graduated from college in 2004 and started my career, I wasn't making that much money. So I couldn't go then between 2000-2010. 3). When I did discover the Eagles in 2013 and they decided to do the HOTE tour, I couldn't afford to go see them or travel then either. By the time I finally had a job that I was making a little more money and I could save to see the guys, Glenn died and I missed my opportunity. When I first heard Glenn was sick and they had to postponed the KCH, I had promised myself, when and if the guys do decide to do another tour the following year, I would try everything to see them. Of course it didn't happen.

I wasn't one of the lucky people to have seen them 10, 20 or 1 time in their lifetime. I'm a late boomer, but I don't think its right to judge those who are able to see the guys now with this line up just like some of ya'll don't want us to judge you for not wanted to see this line up. Its like you are saying we didn't like Glenn and didn't want to see him and the guys when he was alive or wouldn't miss him which is a big lie. Its just a lot of stuff that was going on in our lives since 1994 is not a big problem today. It just came at the wrong time. Yes. At first I didn't like Glenn, but I started to love him. Heck my favorite song of the Eagles is his. I will always love and respect Glenn.

I really hate this double standard this board has become. I know this is a thread you want to put out your frustration or hatred of the guys going back on the road, but judging those who want to see them is soo wrong. And please don't tell me the "if you don't like it, leave the board" line. I think that's so rude and that has been said too many times. If you want me to start criticizing you or judge you for not wanting to see the guys, I can, but I won't do that . I'm not heartless. IMO I really never even said it even not out of anger. I try respect everyone's opinion or in this case big disapproval of the guys going on without Glenn

For me and I'm talking for myself. I'm trying to respect everybody's opinion and decision, but its hard when you won't respect mine without being judged for it.

I mostly been quiet and don't post in this thread that much because of the judging, but I had to defend my reason why I wanted to see them and the reason why I couldn't go when Glenn was alive.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 08-16-2017 at 04:19 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

I can get myself a Custom Made Fender Strat for the price of two to three Eagles Tickets.

So yeah I had alot of opportunities

I get that people had valid reasons why they didn't go before, and I apologize.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Banned

Thank you very much sodascouts. I can sense you battling with your emotions.

At this point I think it's likely that I've seen my last Eagles live show but I'd love something to happen that changes my mind