Page 132 of 166 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1651

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Border Rebel

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I was referring to F50 alone with that comment. He makes snide comments and baits us. And sometimes says things to pull on our heartstrings. He's just a troll.
    Okay, Austin. Sorry about that. I responded to the wrong post. My bad!

Congratulations on your newborn baby, Chaim.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    I mostly stay out of this thread.

I do think there is a problem with people mischaracterising other people's statements, views, and motivations. Sometimes these mischaracterisations have been grossly unfair, in my opinion.

It would help, and perhaps reduce the overall level of conflict and paranoia, if people would check what others post and make sure that they are discussing what people actually think and say, rather than an exaggerated or even totally false characterisation of the views of others.

There are things that it is entirely reasonable to say. E.g. personal feelings and beliefs. However, I don't feel that it is reasonable or fair to mischaracterise other people's views, beliefs, and statements. Asking people not to do that, IN MY OPINION (I don't run this board), is not an unreasonable 'silencing' but a reasonable request.

As an example of this, who is it who claims that the latest incarnation of Eagles is 'the greatest thing ever'? I have not seen any posts that I interpret to mean that. But, it is often mentioned in posts as a supposed view of unnamed membrs. So, who, and where?
    Thank you for your comment AT. I agree with you. I seriously doubt you'll get an answer to your question though.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Well, it is true that if someone tells you that you have no right to question the band's decision, that it's unacceptable for you to be against it if Glenn's family is OK with it, that if you're a true fan you'll be supportive, etc, etc....it does basically come across as "shut up about it."
    If I have said these things, and they were construed as trying to silence someone, then I am sorry for that. I don't think I have, but this is a long thread and I'm not 100% sure about it. My recent comment about this being an Eagles forum was related to bashing fans, not the band. I admit to getting annoyed by judgey, mind-reading type comments in the past but I've been trying to ignore those for quite some time. Just recently, I felt things were taken way too far, so I responded, and we saw what happened.

I've been asked, in a "roundabout way" (to use someone else's words), to stay out of this thread. I've decided that's what I'll do. Whatever desire I have to post something is outweighed by what appears to be a compulsive need to bash the new Eagles without question. I do not wish to continue seeing my words twisted and mischaracterized. I also don't want to get anyone riled up. When I sense something is off, and rational, fact-based debate cannot be had, it's best to simply step away from it. If I find something about Eagles 3.0, e.g. new tour dates, etc. I'll post about it elsewhere.

I would like to address UTW's comment about Felder's subforum. Funk 50 posted a very interesting interview there but the only comments about it pertained to his book. The impression I have is that no one wants to post there unless it's to say something negative. His fans seemed to have flown the coop. I bring this up b/c it looks like something similar is happening with Henley. Not much is posted in his subforum. His fans don't seem to be posting there anymore. Most of the content about him relates to the band going on with Vince Gill and Deacon, and a lot of that is negative.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by maryc2130 View Post
    Okay, Austin. Sorry about that. I responded to the wrong post. My bad!
    It's ok.

I'm sorry as I've said for judging (although not my honest intent) you for reasons for going to these shows. I do apologize. I don't ask for forgiveness either.

But to be fair, there has been judging on both sides of the aisle. I admit to my part of it and I'm sorry. Chaim and Soda outlined a good number of them, from being told indirectly that we need to be ok with it because Glenn's family is, to being "so called Eagles fans" (this is way upthread early on) because we are mad at Don Henley, etc. If anyone cares to look, there has been plenty of times where someone has told us in a roundabout way that we need to shut up about it.

Again, I'm not really searching for apologies here. As far as I'm concerned that's done. There is still, however, unfinished business with comments r/e Eagles 3.0. If that's obsessive/compulsive (as suggested above), then call me Mr. OCD.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Soda and Austin have apologized for the "apparently couldn't see the Eagles while Glenn was alive" comments - Austin several times - so perhaps we could leave that alone - unless someone uses them to explain something he/she said later?

Delilah, I wasn't referring to your recent "this is an Eagles forum" comment. I don't think I've seen that. I was thinking of some earlier comments. Don't remember who said them.

(The baby thing is horribly off-topic, but thanks for the congrats!)

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Soda and Austin have apologized for the "apparently couldn't see the Eagles while Glenn was alive" comments - Austin several times - so perhaps we could leave that alone - unless someone uses them to explain something he/she said later?

Delilah, I wasn't referring to your recent "this is an Eagles forum" comment. I don't think I've seen that. I was thinking of some earlier comments. Don't remember who said them.
    Thank you...I guess my apologies have largely been ignored, and that's fine...but I would like to move on.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Apology accepted.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Despite all that, I feel sad/disappointed that there are people I have come to know and like over the years who still sound so angry and upset. I don't think you're wrong or want to silence you but I hope that you can reach a point where you can accept that which you cannot change.

The bolded part I highlighted:

I will never accept it, or be accepting of it.

I think the appropriate word here is come to terms with it or be less upset about it. I would like to get there as much as it may not seem like it. It takes time.

But as far as accepting it, to me that comes awfully close to being ok with it. Which obviously, I'm not for reasons I've stated. But to me that's ok to feel.

Not to turn this political but to make a comparison, I still stand by the whole not my president thing. I don't accept him. I realize he was elected. But I will not see him in the same light as I have prior presidents. I feel it's the same thing here. I realize it has happened and I can't change it, and I've become somewhat numb to it, but I will never accept it, fact or otherwise. If that makes me crazy, then I am.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Apology accepted.
    Thank you.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Stuck on the Border

Austin, I hope you can get to a place where Eagles 3.0 doesn't upset you as much. I also hope you never get to a place where you think Trump is ok!

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Austin, I hope you can get to a place where Eagles 3.0 doesn't upset you as much. I also hope you never get to a place where you think Trump is ok!
    Hahaha well we can both agree on that!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger