Page 14 of 166 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Gosh. Even if there's a mere whisper of a chance that Randy could be participating ...

It can't be true though, right? Felder is very busy this summer. [EDIT: I checked his tour schedule; there doesn't appear to be a conflict, he has time off then.]
    Last edited by NightMistBlue; 03-13-2017 at 12:32 PM.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

I must admit that nothing that I'm seeing sways me from my intention to wait for actual confirmation from an Eagle, particularly Don H, before I believe this.
    Last edited by Annoying Twit; 03-13-2017 at 12:06 PM.

if true, this affirms what many have argued that Bernie, Randy and Don FELDER should have been included at the Kennedy Honors awards unless they are only Eagles as a gimmick to drive ticket sales for a quick mega bucks two city tour like the upcoming Classics? I'm sorry but I think the time to reconcile was when Glenn was alive and with his blessing not Henley or Azoff pulling the strings. Am I the only one who feels this way? I love Randy, Bernie and Don Felder this isn't about them it's about Glenn and speculation about what he would "want" made by unnamed sources and published in the public domain by a myriad of Internet based media outlets. Personally I am fed up. Time for a press release from the Henley/Azoff/Frey camps to legitimize who exactly will be taking the stage under the banner of the Eagles. The genie is out of the bottle what are they waiting for?

Rant over.

Or maybe not given how terrible this has been managed from the get go further underscoring the huge void created with the loss of Glenn Frey.
    Last edited by Dawn; 03-13-2017 at 01:28 PM.

As much as I would love to see Don F join them on stage, I don't think it would be appropriate...although it would go a long way toward healing the band's somewhat cold, unforgiving reputation. At any rate, as NightMistBlue indicates, he has his July calendar full.

It's unfortunate some are so upset by these developments. I understand it may seem a betrayal of Glenn's memory, but keep in mind:

1. We're talking about 2 dates. Just 2. And it's not like they're going out doing their own thing; they will be joined by other acts as part of a festival.

2. Whether or not they call themselves "Eagles", that is how most people will think of them. That's just reality.

3. The Desert Trip at Coachella grossed $160 million. Could/would any of us turn down an opportunity to earn a portion of that just by by playing a couple of dates? How would Glenn approach it? That being said, I don't believe money is the primary motivator--they likely just enjoy playing together and were not prepared for it to be suddenly taken away from them. And they're not getting any younger.

4. This a wonderful opportunity for the remaining members to pay a public tribute for Glenn, one that he deserves. The Grammy appearance just didn't cut it; they were too grief-stricken and it was too soon. With the passage of time, a more thought-out, carefully considered homage can be done.

5. Glenn is not replaceable. I hope no one thinks he is. But someone should sing some of his songs. He deserves to have his songs recognized. I used to wonder why the band continued to perform "Take It to the Limit" long after Randy left. But I realized it was actually an honor; the song was too important a part of their catalog to simply fall by the wayside. Glenn's songs deserve the same honor. In my mind, it would be disrespectful to Glenn NOT to perform any of his songs. Someone else singing them does NOT mean Glenn is being replaced. I certainly would not see it that way. I think it would be great if "Take It Easy" were the encore, and each band member takes a turn singing a few lines. That would be a really cool tribute to him.

As an aside, I agree with the post about the demands that a charitable donation be made as a condition to accepting this reunion...that just seems really presumptuous to me to be dictating how these guys spend their money.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

None of them need the money and yes it is just a couple of play dates all the more reason to wonder why this is happening at all? Especially given the fallout of negative opinions effecting the Eagles legacy eg. it's not Don Henley's band, he should retire, accusations of greed, unnamed sources stirring the pot, etc.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Is 70 the new 40?

It seems that people assumed that when Glenn died, the others, due to their ages, would retire (I was probably one of these people, and I now realize this perception is ageist, rude, and presumptuous.) I think we should all proceed with the belief that Don, Tim and Glenn will continue to perform professionally for another decade.

These photos yesterday of 71-year-old Jaclyn Smith made me think that even in the past decade, it is becoming more acceptable for older stars to continue to use every method at their disposal to stay young and relevant, and good for them. The Rolling Stones being a prime example. Does this look like a 71-year old woman? Our perceptions of this age group need to change.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...l-Arizona.html

Don, Tim and Joe show absolutely no signs of slowing down. They look fit, fabulous, voices are in good form, writing new stuff, solo shows, joint shows, summer festival, etc..so why the talk of retiring?

Stuck on the Border

Delilah, I agree with much of what you wrote, but particularly this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    5. Glenn is not replaceable. I hope no one thinks he is. But someone should sing some of his songs. He deserves to have his songs recognized. I used to wonder why the band continued to perform "Take It to the Limit" long after Randy left. But I realized it was actually an honor; the song was too important a part of their catalog to simply fall by the wayside. Glenn's songs deserve the same honor. In my mind, it would be disrespectful to Glenn NOT to perform any of his songs. Someone else singing them does NOT mean Glenn is being replaced. I certainly would not see it that way. I think it would be great if "Take It Easy" were the encore, and each band member takes a turn singing a few lines. That would be a really cool tribute to him.
    I'd probably be happier with several special guests coming in to sing one song each in their own way, rather than a ringer for Glenn performing throughout.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    if true, this affirms what many have argued that Bernie, Randy and Don FELDER should have been included at the Kennedy Honors awards unless they are only Eagles as a gimmick to drive ticket sales for a quick mega bucks two city tour like the upcoming Classics? I'm sorry but I think the time to reconcile was when Glenn was alive and with his blessing not Henley or Azoff pulling the strings. Am I the only one who feels this way? I love Randy, Bernie and Don Felder this isn't about them it's about Glenn and speculation about what he would "want" made by unnamed sources and published in the public domain by a myriad of Internet based media outlets. Personally I am fed up. Time for a press release from the Henley/Azoff/Frey camps to legitimize who exactly will be taking the stage under the banner of the Eagles. The genie is out of the bottle what are they waiting for?

Rant over.

Or maybe not given how terrible this has been managed from the get go further underscoring the huge void created with the loss of Glenn Frey.
    I feel the same way, Dawn. And why aren't we getting clarification or confirmation from the band members or it's management (ie. Irving)?

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    I feel the same way, Dawn. And why aren't we getting clarification or confirmation from the band members or it's management (ie. Irving)?
    That's what I wanna know!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Gosh. Even if there's a mere whisper of a chance that Randy could be participating ...

It can't be true though, right? Felder is very busy this summer. [EDIT: I checked his tour schedule; there doesn't appear to be a conflict, he has time off then.]
    NMB, while there is no conflict with the Classic West date (7/15), there is one with the Classic East date (7/29). He's slated to be play in Houston that day. But curiously enough, that Houston date is not showing up on his FB...

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...