Page 25 of 166 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Azoff is the deal maker and made Don, Joe and Timothy and offer they could not refuse. Yes it may not all be about money but its naive to think any of them would refuse to reunite not just forfeiting millions for themselves but everyone else involved too. When will it end you ask? Eagles Family and Friends is a new brand. IMO this is just the beginning.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

To answer someone's (Brooke's?) question - no, there is never enough money. Especially for men like these who have massive annual expenses due to multiple multi-million dollar residences, A-list lifestyles and support multiple generations of family members at a certain level of luxury.

The love and adulation from a big crowd is a heady drug that these guys have been ingesting since the late '60s. They need it. Just as bad now as they did back then. That feeling doesn't go away because they're 69 or 70. That's why they're doing it, more than the money. They need the attention and the ladies (and men) swooning over them, body guards, dressing rooms and rock 'n roll lifestyle. Now that their children are adults, touring is probably even more fun for the family now than it ever has been.

Has anyone stopped to consider there are now two Eagles brands? The original and the new Eagles Family and Friends. There will be huge profits from the DVD and CDs of the festival plus all the merchandise. This is no-small-one-time-endeavor-so what's-the-big-deal. it is a very big deal. EFF is a brand in and of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    If you discount Hell Freezes Over as a live album, Eagles have changed line-ups every album since 1973's Desperado.

The difference between Felder and Frey's exits are that Don's was intentional, for which Glenn shouldered the blame, Glenn's was unintentional. nobody can be held responsible. In both cases the validity of the remaining band is questioned by their most loyal disciples.

Hindsight suggests that the band will continue to attract new fans as long as they keep going.
    Yes I think the most loyal fans are troubled by what appears to be a concentrated effort to reinvent the Eagles so they can keep going without Glenn Frey. Second, per Stevie Nicks there's no contest between making albums and touring. Touring is where the money is and it's fun.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Thank you for the Forbes link. An earlier article (possibly The Sun) suggested the payout would be around £4m ($5m) and I thought that seemed rather low. With Glenn, they were supposedly able to charge up to $2m for a private show and it's been said many times that they were offered $1m for the US festival in the 80s. I couldn't see that $5m for two shows would be enough to tempt them.

My feeling is that they can go ahead if they want but I won't see them and it's not the Eagles. What makes me cringe is that my reaction is very close to what I've seen from Felder fans about the band from 2000 onwards.
    I wasn't going to say anything about it, but I wondered if anyone else noticed the parallels. Some of the concerns/sentiments that have been posted about Glenn e.g. that he's being forgotten, no longer matters, will be marginalized, etc. are quite similar to what's been expressed about the three former members over time. Of course, the circumstances are vastly different but I'm speaking about the reaction to what happens to a member's legacy when that member is no longer with the band. However, given his role and position in the band, I don't believe there's any way Glenn will be shrugged off the way the other three have been.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I wasn't going to say anything about it, but I wondered if anyone else noticed the parallels. Some of the concerns/sentiments that have been posted about Glenn e.g. that he's being forgotten, no longer matters, will be marginalized, etc. are quite similar to what's been expressed about the three former members over time. Of course, the circumstances are vastly different but I'm speaking about the reaction to what happens to a member's legacy when that member is no longer with the band. However, given his role and position in the band, I don't believe there's any way Glenn will be shrugged off the way the other three have been.
    I wish I could agree with you.

The best way to ensure he would not be forgotten would have been to call it quits or at least to make some effort to remember him.

I repeat that this is NOT just another lineup change. And frankly I find the apparent enthusiasm about this from some here tantamount to an admission that they don't think Glenn was of any importance.

I also cannot agree with the statement that this 'EFF' thing which hasn't even taken place yet has become a 'brand'. We only heard of it in the last week or two and it was just a suggestion by Joe of a name which might be used. I think we all know very well that if they were to continue they would revert to 'Eagles' no matter how wrong that would be in my view.

Not to mention the assumption that there will be DVDs & CDs, etc, when the real Eagles didn't bother with such things in their last few years, and now all of a sudden, they might do it? Ugh. Sorry.
    Last edited by Freypower; 03-23-2017 at 07:12 PM.

FP, in terms of DVDs and other concert related items I am referring to post festival marketing and revenue. This is a 6 band event not just Eagles there could be pay for view and live streaming. The festival will have their own logo shirts, hats, cups etc I expect bands will too. As for the name change I think thats very possible if not likely. You make some good points I hope I am wrong time will tell. All I know is without Glenn there is no Eagles under any name.
    Last edited by Dawn; 03-23-2017 at 09:14 PM.

Don plays his last show of his Australia/New Zealand tour today. I wonder if, on his return to the States, we'll finally have an official statement?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Don plays his last show of his Australia/New Zealand tour today. I wonder if, on his return to the States, we'll finally have an official statement?
    I sure hope so!

Stuck on the Border

Here's an apt quote from Ben Fong-Torres when he wrote about Glenn last year.
    They were on "Farewell Tour 1" at the time, and Frey told the audience, "It's a clever ploy by our management. He's plotting 'Farewell VI' right now.'" Off stage, when I asked about that sixth "Farewell" run, he laughed. "I wonder who's going to be playing my part!"
    I find it quite reassuring that Glenn was able to laugh about them continuing without him.