Page 32 of 166 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Fan View Post
    Then I watched the announcement video, and Glenn was completely absent from any of the Eagles video clips (as I guess he would be), and there was only a vocal from TIE at the end to know that he ever sang even one Eagles song... It all just seemed so cold and crass, and it really upset me. It was like someone took an eraser and removed Glenn completely.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88
    The Classic shows video on the Eagles FB page has specifically cut Glenn out of all of the shots of the band performing live. I feel that was a very low thing to do.
    In case anyone was still wondering if this event would be a tribute to Glenn... you have your answer there, don't you?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow – I am sickened and repulsed by this. I keep going back and forth between outrage, disbelief, and extreme sadness and disappointment. I literally feel like puking and not in a good way. It’s not just that this is happening in the first place, but also, in the shabby way that it has been mishandled. I have to admit that while I lay a lot of the blame on Don, there is enough to go around here. If any of the band members or Irving had declined the offer, it simply wouldn’t be happening.

“I don’t see how we could go out and play without the guy who started the band. “It would just seem like greed or something. It would seem like a desperate thing.” – Don Henley 2016

Seems like greed and desperation is right, Don. Why don’t we also throw in disrespect, deceit, and poor taste just for good measure? I could add many, many more adjectives, but I’ll go ahead and stop my rant here.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

I have mixed feelings about Glenn being edited completely out of the promo video. (And of course you can't see him even in the long shots.) I think you can see the head stock of his guitar at one point and that's it. Glenn's not going to perform, so I get it in a way, but he performed at all those gigs shown in the clip, so I find it very disturbing. Glenn's not here now, but he sure was then. Editing a band leader out of a video is...weird. When The Orchestra gigs are advertised, they even show music videos by Lynne's ELO!
    Last edited by chaim; 03-29-2017 at 09:49 PM.

I am just really confused by this. Like REALLY confused. Part of me is glad they are performing because I Never got to see the Eagles live. Part of me is sad that Glenn is not here with them. Part of me is Angry at the way Irving Azoff and the Bands media reps have handled this.

Part of me is also thinking if Cindy said "No I don't want you guys using the Band Name as I don't think it's appropriate" they would have. NOT done this if Cindy did not give her okay

I will make my final decision on weather to support it when we get an official statement and the shows actually come

Stuck on the Border

Just like to add another point....

Some people worry that Glenn will be forgotten by the public. I share that worry. Usually when a famous musician dies, there's a small display in the music departments of the public libraries here in Finland. When Glenn died, there wasn't a Glenn/Eagles display at least in the city where I live. The Bowie one was still there. His death wasn't mentioned in the Facebook page I follow by music departments of a certain area (one of those departments is in one of the biggest cities here). I heard there was a small Glenn/Eagles tribute in a VERY small town, because one of the two people working at the library just happened to know that Glenn was in the Eagles. Glenn's death wasn't even mentioned in the Facebook group for Finnish music library workers.

Eagles seems to be a rather "faceless" band. If people who work at music libraries in Finland didn't notice Glenn's passing, how many people outside the USA will know he was in the band if he's even edited out of the old videos???

And Don's "So they tell me" really doesn't help.

I haven't participated much in this discussion, but this is getting so lame I had to comment.
    Last edited by chaim; 03-29-2017 at 09:59 PM.

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    I am just really confused by this. Like REALLY confused. Part of me is glad they are performing because I Never got to see the Eagles live. Part of me is sad that Glenn is not here with them. Part of me is Angry at the way Irving Azoff and the Bands media reps have handled this.

Part of me is also thinking of Cindy said "No I don't want you guys using the Band Name as I don't think it's appropriate" they would have. OT done this if Cindy did not give her okay
    I don't know if Cindy has to approve anything or not. I'm not sure if Glenn's ownership reverted to Cindy or not. If not, Don owns 100% of the business part of the Eagles. Even if Cindy doesn't legally have a say, you'd think her opinion would be sought. Don talked about how he and Joe and Timothy were meeting after the first of the year to decide what they wanted to do, so you would think that they would have also solicited Cindy's opinion at some point. But there's no guarantee; this whole thing has been handled so badly. Don really needs to do some damage control.

I'm hoping that they're just being billed as Eagles for this festival, and then if they tour together after that, it will be as Eagles Friend and Family, but maybe that's naive. Why would Joe bring up that name if they didn't plan to use it, though?

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I still find it very hard to believe but, since Don has not come out and said anything yet, I'm skeptical.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...302-story.html

Both acts are managed by Azoff MSG Entertainment, but a spokesman for veteran superstar manager Irving Azoff said Thursday that “we are not prepared to release anything officially — this caught us by surprise,” in reference to Billboard’s initial report of the shows.

Surprise? Hmmmmmm.......

ETA: if this has been posted already, beg my forgiveness.
    That LA Times article is the Second Newspaper that says Don Felder, Randy Meissen and Bernie Leadon will be joining them.

I find it EXTREMELY HARD to believe that is true.

I will keep my eye out if any other newspapers say it

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by maryc2130 View Post
    I don't know if Cindy has to approve anything or not. I'm not sure if Glenn's ownership reverted to Cindy or not. If not, Don owns 100% of the business part of the Eagles. Even if Cindy doesn't legally have a say, you'd think her opinion would be sought. Don talked about how he and Joe and Timothy were meeting after the first of the year to decide what they wanted to do, so you would think that they would have also solicited Cindy's opinion at some point. But there's no guarantee; this whole thing has been handled so badly. Don really needs to do some damage control.

I'm hoping that they're just being billed as Eagles for this festival, and then if they tour together after that, it will be as Eagles Friend and Family, but maybe that's naive. Why would Joe bring up that name if they didn't plan to use it, though?
    Because he was being evasive. He is known for not exactly giving razor sharp, accurate responses to questions. He was trying to shrug it off.

I heard Bruce Springsteen sing this line on February 7:

It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive (Badlands)

True though this may be, I would have thought common decency would have at least come into play when dealing with the death of someone they worked with for forty years. It has to be acknowledged in some way, not treated as if it never happened,

On the Farewell One DVD, before Tequila Sunrise there was a montage of photos of the band from which Felder had been excised. That was understandable in a way. What they have done by cutting the late Mr Frey out of their trailer for this show is inexcusable & uinforgivable.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    That LA Times article is the Second Newspaper that says Don Felder, Randy Meissen and Bernie Leadon will be joining them.

I find it EXTREMELY HARD to believe that is true.

I will keep my eye out if any other newspapers say it
    I did not see any mention of Leadon, Meisner & Felder in the LA Times article. Please quote it.