Page 33 of 166 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Hey guys just to let you know I have sent an email to the writer of that IBT times article where it said Felder, Randy and Bernie will be at the shows.

Will let you know when/if I get a response.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I did not see any mention of Leadon, Meisner & Felder in the LA Times article. Please quote it.
    Sorry different article I was reading it wasn't the La Time but LA Daily News

http://www.dailynews.com/arts-and-en...adena-fes-more

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

I think this blows. It was my understanding they were to bill themselves as "Eagles Family And Friends". I wasn't thrilled with that, either, but it made me feel less gross about it. I can't fathom how any of them need the money, so I find it very hard to justify trying to perform without Glenn. It would have been equally as stupid if Don had died, and Glenn were doing the same.

I, along with Soda and many others here, will be sitting this one out. My respect for them has dwindled a little, although I'm sure they couldn't give any fecal matters less, as people will still pay to see it, even if I won't.

Don Felder has another gig booked for the 29th so I can't see him attending.
    Yes, Don originally said the Eagles were finished when Glenn passed. He was in shock and was trying to come to terms with it. Don has had some time to grieve and he has had a change of heart- nothing wrong with that. He doesn't need the money he enjoys performing. Irving obviously wants the Eagles to continue but Don is a strong person and knows his own mind. He knows Glenn wanted to tour again after HOTE tour and Don is continuing the legacy.
    I obviously don't agree with the criticism that Don is getting. Don is approaching 70 and knows he can't continue to perform for ever so he is making the most of it while he can.
    I like the music of Ian Hunter- ex Mott The Hoople. His musical partner was Mick Ronson and when Mick died of cancer, it made Ian realise that time is precious and he shouldn't waste his musical talent just sitting around.
    The Eagles can never be the same without Glenn but let's just enjoy the fact that 'our band' is still going. Don, Joe and Timothy will not be around forever so let's just enjoy them while we can.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Just like Soda, Austin, NYC Fan and others that I have read posts from I feel exactly the same. Obviously I had heard inklings that this was going to happen but I feel it has been marketed very callously. Don H said numerous times over the last year or so that the band was over - so why a sudden change of heart? Interesting too that he has made no official statement on this. I also think that the way it has been marketed has been very insensitive - practically deleting Glenn as if he had never been part of the band in the first place. This is how it will seem to casual fans who never saw them before.

Once again we have the issue of the VIP tickets costing a small fortune, and the presalew to AMEX card holders which will ensure that there is nothiong left for the 'ordinary' people who want to buy. Why not have a presale for people who have 'Favourited' the band on ticketmaster, or through the official website? That what other bands do.

And the fact that you have to buy 1 ticket for 2 days - what if you only want to see one band, or one only one of these nights (pun intended) suits you? Here you buy tickets for each night of a festival separately and only buy a combination ticket if you want to.

This smacks of a money grab - more for Irving Azoff than even the remaining guys themselves. The true die hard fans would have LOVED the remaining guys to do one or more tribute shows or at least shows where Glenn was in some way acknowledged in the promotion - they could have supported the band, the band would have comforted them.

This look like Azoff is saying 'Guys look at all the people who say they never got the chance to see you - they won't know the difference with or without Glenn '. And look at all of Joes fans, Don H's fans etc - they won't mind that Glenn is gone - they are paying to see you all solo anyway. Let them put their money where their mouth is....'

They will probably only play a festival set list anyway.

As you've probably guessed I'm not going to go. I've turned it over in my mind a lot over the past few weeks. I was very upset yesterday when I saw the promotion material and I cried some tears too. I've felt a mixture of emotions too all day. Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised by the reports, that would be great.

But for now I'm going to remember the good times..... Glenn Frey
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Out on the Border

I'm quite saddened by this. I live in the UK, so I'm probably priced out of the shows anyway, but I have no desire to see Eagles without Glen. Just no.

I know a lot of people don't care (or even know) who's in a band as long as the name is the same, but I just can't. I can't deal with Yes without Jon Anderson either.

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by beguilingeyes View Post

I know a lot of people don't care (or even know) who's in a band as long as the name is the same, but I just can't. I can't deal with Yes without Jon Anderson either.
    I haven't been able to deal with Yes since Wakeman left!

To tell the truth. I was sad to not see Glenn either in the promo. I thought to myself, "really!!"

I wasn't going anyway because I can't afford to travel to those cities. Plus I don't know if I will still be in a cast by then.

Imo. I just going to go by what Joe said. I do believe they will have some special guests and imo they should had said that at the beginning, but I guess they rather promote the surviving members of the Eagles then say, "oh they will have special guests helping them."

I'm just going to wait and see what's going to be said in the next couple of months about this. Its just too many holes in this. Too much information is missing.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

[quote=NYC Fan;355424]...then I watched the announcement video, and Glenn was completely absent from any of the Eagles video clips (as I guess he would be), and there was only a vocal from TIE at the end to know that he ever sang even one Eagles song... It all just seemed so cold and crass, and it really upset me. It was like someone took an eraser and removed Glenn completely. /quote]

Say it ain't so Joe? Weird science indeed. Edit-Delete! Not nice and smacks of more than disrespect. My,my,my.

CAROLC

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    To tell the truth. I was sad to not see Glenn either in the promo. I thought to myself, "really!!"

I wasn't going anyway because I can't afford to travel to those cities. Plus I don't know if I will still be in a cast by then.

Imo. I just going to go by what Joe said. I do believe they will have some special guests and imo they should had said that at the beginning, but I guess they rather promote the surviving members of the Eagles then say, "oh they will have special guests helping them."

I'm just going to wait and see what's going to be said in the next couple of months about this. Its just too many holes in this. Too much information is missing.

I agree with you on this one. To much information for me is missing to make a judgment. None of the band members or Irving have said anything at all