Page 51 of 166 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    It is patently obvious to me that I am not only out of step with the mood of this thread, but also the mood of this board which now seems to be swinging towards the band continuing without Frey. I honestly never thought I would see such a situation develop.
    Actually, FP, it looks like most people here agree with you, if you look at it in terms of the percentage of posters rather than the percentage of posts. For instance, just because a few people such as Annoying Twit post a great deal doesn't mean that their opinion is the dominant one. It's just that they view this as a debate they hope to "win", so they keep going round and round and round... but for me, there is no debate, and there is certainly no winner.

As for the board continuing... I've made my decision. Yes, it will.

It contains years of posts, including posts that are in memory of Glenn. I'm not going to delete them. Plus, I still want to talk about them as they were. I will continue to pay the bills and maintain the board as well as the sites, which I now view as an archive.

However, I will not change anything. As far as I'm concerned, the Eagles are over. To me, the Remnants do not count. People can talk about them here, talk about their shows here, sure. I won't stop them. I'll even facilitate it in terms of creating show threads and such.

However, Eagles Online Central will not be updated and this board's construction will not be changed. Glenn will not be removed from the banner. He will not be relegated to "Former Eagles."

That's the way I'm going to handle it.

I know my approach won't please everyone; indeed, it may not please anyone. I expect to receive some criticism, and I'm sure there will be issues down the road, but I'll just deal with them as they come the best I can.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by EagleInKansas View Post
    You're just being unrealistic, FreyPower. People can't spend all of their time grieving and mourning, regardless of how deeply the loss is felt. Life has to go on. The remaining Eagles have paid their respects to Glenn, publicly and privately, and now they're moving on. We can debate their method of moving on, but to expect Don Henley's remaining years to be a shrine and tribute to Glenn is totally unfair. That would be denial.
    I never suggested such a thing.

I agree with Soda that continuing the debate isn't achieving anything, so I won't.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Soda, if your purpose is to make members feel guilty for making future posts in the guys' or "Eagles" show threads and enjoying their future endeavors, you have succeeded.

You refuse to attend Don's show that you had been planning on. You condescendingly refer to Don, Joe and Tim as Remnants who don't count. If you are so furious with them, why on earth would you continue to facilitate the board? Lock it up except for the Glenn threads.

I for one don't want to participate with a founder/admin who is so hostile to the guys and passive aggressive. You can do whatever you want with the site, but it appears you have chosen a compromise that isn't good for anyone. Frankly, I'm astonished by your current perspective. Your post has taken all of the enjoyment of participating out of it for me, so I'm out. If your enjoyment has been canceled by Glenn's death and your role is now that of a martyr for continuing the site, you should be out, too.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Actually, FP, it looks like most people here agree with you, if you look at it in terms of the percentage of posters rather than the percentage of posts. For instance, just because a few people such as Annoying Twit post a great deal doesn't mean that their opinion is the dominant one. It's just that they view this as a debate they hope to "win", so they keep going round and round and round... but for me, there is no debate, and there is certainly no winner.

It contains years of posts, including posts that are in memory of Glenn. I'm not going to delete them. Plus, I still want to talk about them as they were. I will continue to pay the bills and maintain the board as well as the sites, which I now view as an archive.

However, I will not change anything. As far as I'm concerned, the Eagles are over. To me, the Remnants do not count. People can talk about them here, talk about their shows here, sure. I won't stop them. I'll even facilitate it in terms of creating show threads and such.

However, Eagles Online Central will not be updated and this board's construction will not be changed. Glenn will not be removed from the banner. He will not be relegated to "Former Eagles."

I know my approach won't please everyone; indeed, it may not please anyone. I expect to receive some criticism, and I'm sure there will be issues down the road, but I'll just deal with them as they come the best I can.
    I am sooo glad that you have decided to keep the board going and I agree with your approach. The Eagles are over for me as well. It is so painful to think of them performing (as the Eagles) without Glenn. I'm very disappointed that the surviving Eagles have decided to carry on this way. I believe that money is part of the reason they are doing the festivals, but not the sole reason.

I was hoping for a public tribute as well, but now that the one year anniversary of Glenn's death has passed I'm not expecting anything now.

This is just how I feel & I respect the opinions of others who don't feel the same way. As Soda said, this is not a debate. There's no win or lose, no right or wrong. It's just a discussion with people stating how they feel and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Thanks, GL.

Mary, I'm sorry I angered you. I'm not trying to upset anyone. I'm trying to keep my negativity limited to this thread and not rain on parades elsewhere.

I'm just doing the best I can but I know not everyone will find that acceptable. There are probably many who feel the same way you do. Perhaps some even view me with contempt and find me ridiculous. It saddens me, but I understand. If you ever change your mind, you are always welcome.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Well, I know that I've said that I would go if I was in the vicinity of the whole thing. However, I would be more inclined to do it for Fleetwood Mac and Earth, Wind, and Fire. I'm not 100% for this at all, but I was just spitballing ways that would take the sting out of it a little. I can see now though that some are just not happy with it at all/disappointed altogether and others are ok with it but maybe preferred a different name. If some don't fit in the two general categories that I described, then good on ya for having a different opinion.

This is coming from someone who has never been to a concert other than Henley last July. FM for me before something bad happens/I can't see them b/c I may be going to a college that's in the middle of nowhere, and EW&F for my Mom.

All I'm hoping is some sort of official statement, so we would have a definitive answer from one of the Eagles. I don't know if I would like Azoff's answer.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Funk 50 - Sorry for the typo error. I should not have been talking on the phone and typing at the same time. My nephew is getting married this weekend so I feel like I have been living on the phone for the past week to 10 days. I have sisters who live out of state so numerous phone calls back and forth.

I was not criticizing those tributes made by Don, Joe and Tim, and I am sorry if it came off that way. I just mean that Glenn is certainly worthy of some kind of tribute - something along the lines George received. I hope it will happen.
    Sorry I misinterpreted your words New Kid In Town and thanks for clearing it up so promptly.

Banned

Sorry to truncate your post sodascouts. I'm very pleased that the board will continue. I hope it helps the Frey fans achieve some kind of closure.

Glenn's certainly done enough to be worthy of a permanent place on the banner but I'm surprised that you consider the move to Former Eagles as a relegation. It's not a judgement on his importance, it's just an accurate statement of fact. The obvious solution is to give all seven equal billing and dispense with the "Former Eagles" section altogether. I still consider Glenn as, historically, the premier Eagle even though he's no longer involved.

If you consider being up to date, accurate and welcoming as unimportant, I'm sure that will have a detrimental affect on the site, and a bad reflection on a highly respectable host. Thanks for speaking up so eloquently, Mary California.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

This is a very unfair, and incorrect, desription of what I am thinking and what I am doing in this thread. I am not seeing it as something that can be 'won' or 'lost' in the least.

I think that this is a problem in this thread. People are attributing motives to others which they either (i) do not have (because I know what I am thinking) or (ii) where there is insufficient information to conclude that they have these motives (as in what Eagles and people such as Irving Azoff are thinking.)

What people such as Eagles and Azoff are thinking is up for debate as we don't know. But, I certainly know what my thinking/thoughts are, and they are nothing like how you describe them.

I'm very sad the way this has all developed. I'm pleased the message board is continuing but it has lost it's appeal knowing that Soda feels the way she does.
    As I have said before the Eagles can never be the same again but I'm just glad I can still see Don, Joe and Timothy perform.
    I bought tickets for Classic East and am looking forward to a long weekend in New York.
    Yes, I will really miss Glenn, but this is the next best thing.