Page 54 of 166 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Banned

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    No Soda please dont let this board die. There are some forums i was apart of that were for bands no longer aroundnbut still completly active
    Have you ever been part of a forum where the owner actually wants the band to be inactive or decides that as reality is not to their liking they will declare themselves ruler of an alternative reality where they can discard what the actual band does and dictate the relevant history of the band themselves... that's the impression I get.

If you're not representing the Eagles, sodascouts, it's as much a travesty to call this site Eagles Online as it is for your "remnants" to call themselves Eagles.

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    Have you ever been part of a forum where the owner actually wants the band to be inactive or decides that as reality is not to their liking they will declare themselves ruler of an alternative reality where they can discard what the actual band does and dictate the relevant history of the band themselves... that's the impression I get.

If you're not representing the Eagles, sodascouts, it's as much a travesty to call this site Eagles Online as it is for your "remnants" to call themselves Eagles.

Nope but I have been apart of forums wherenpeople like to twist peoples emotions and cause dissent like you

Border Rebel

That's extremely harsh, especially considering the time, dedication and money Soda spends to keep this site running so well. I understand many of us having differing opinions. I love the so-called Remnants and don't really appreciate people calling them that, but I also get it that others don't like Don, Joe and TBS calling themselves Eagles. What I don't get is why we have to bash each other for feeling differently. To quote DH, "It's a mystery to me why we can't agree to disagree. It's lookin' like we never, ever will."

I'm not sure if he wrote that about Eagles or Glenn or something completely different, but I really wish we could get past it and agree to disagree, preferably without too much bitterness, and definitely without name-calling and cheap accusations. Wishful thinking? Probably. But there's always hope.

Quote Originally Posted by maryc2130 View Post
    That's extremely harsh, especially considering the time, dedication and money Soda spends to keep this site running so well. I understand many of us having differing opinions. I love the so-called Remnants and don't really appreciate people calling them that, but I also get it that others don't like Don, Joe and TBS calling themselves Eagles. What I don't get is why we have to bash each other for feeling differently. To quote DH, "It's a mystery to me why we can't agree to disagree. It's lookin' like we never, ever will."

I'm not sure if he wrote that about Eagles or Glenn or something completely different, but I really wish we could get past it and agree to disagree, preferably without too much bitterness, and definitely without name-calling and cheap accusations. Wishful thinking? Probably. But there's always hope.
    Well put!

I'm a Believer! Hope helps me Cope!

Nancy has my full support for always taking the high road and staying above the fray.

I don't mean to pontificate,
    Just trying to relate,
    To all the heartache,
    That makes us break!

Peace!

Stay Tuned!
    CarolC

Can you imagine everything we lose if this board dies??....All the work and hours Soda spent on this site...? DON HENLEY was the one who announced to the world that the EAGLES were no more, was he not??....The word "remnant" simply means "the remaining"....and that's what we have the "remaining" Eagles....Many people still want to see those 3 "remaining" Eagles perform as a band..I am not one of them...I think the comments towards Soda are horrific....Just leave if you don't like it here anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    Nope but I have been apart of forums wherenpeople like to twist peoples emotions and cause dissent like you
    Yup.

Border Desperado tequila mockingbird's Avatar

Cool Re: Eagles.... 3.0

From tonight's I Heart Radio interview. Transcripted by Eagles Fastlane on Facebook:

Here is the entire transcript of the I Love Radio Interview.
    After last year’s performance at the Grammy awards, you didn’t think we’d see the three of you performing together again as the Eagles…
    Well, it came about gradually. You know? We all were in agreement that we wanted to pass the first year after Glenn’s death just in a state, more-or-less of mourning and respect and you know January … this past January was the anniversary. And now we are all moving on with our lives. I’ve been solo touring and so have the other guys. Our manager, Irving Azoff is actually the one who came up with the idea of these festivals and when he first put it to us we all scratched our heads a little and thought, ‘I don’t know if it’s really a good idea…if it’s appropriate or not.” And then he said, “As you all have seen on your solo tours, there are a lot of people out there who would like to see you continue in some form. And they’d like to see you and some of the other groups…your peers who have reached their peak during the same period of time that you did. And so we thought about it and we discussed it with Glenn’s family and everybody came to the conclusion that it would probably be a good idea. That we’d at least try these 2 shows. We’ve only got these two shows. And so, we’ll just see. We’re going to do these 2 shows…that’s all we’ve got planned. We don’t have anything planned beyond it and we’ll see where it goes from there.
    Don was then asked if they were still the Eagles without Glenn.
    “Well, it depends. We’re not the same Eagles, okay? It’s never going to be the same without Glenn. And I want to hasten to add people have asked me, “Who is replacing Glenn?” and the answer is nobody is replacing Glenn. Glenn is irreplaceable. But, the songs are the same. You know? They are the songs that we created. He was certainly a major part of that and the songs will be the same and we are adding a couple of new people to the lineup that we think are very appropriate…that we know Glenn would approve of…his wife approve of them and I think the fans will certainly approve of them when they see who it is. And we’re going to carry on the Glenn’s legacy and music and Eagles music. Again, when I think people see who the people are that we are adding to the band they will be delighted and they will understand and approve of what we’re doing. It’s not going to be the same Eagles. There’s no replacing Glenn, but the songs carry on. When this band was broken up for fourteen years the music played on and when we got back together in 1994, the demand was bigger for us than it was in the 70s, simply because of the catalog and the material. That’s the important thing. That’s the important thing…that people want to hear these songs and they want to hear them played live by the people who were involved.”
    Joe was asked what his reaction was when he first heard of this.
    “I didn’t really embrace it right away. You know, we we’ve been thinking this through for quite a while. IT gradually kind of took form from being a completely abstract idea. It was kind of agreed by all of us that this was probably the best way for us to give it a try. It took a little convincing…to all of us and we worked through a couple of different ways to go and ended up where we’re at. Surrounded by family and friends is the way we thought we would be the most comfortable.”
    Don was asked if he viewed these shows as a joyous celebration.
    “Yeah. I think that’s a great analogy. I think that’s a great way to describe what it is. It’s a celebration…not only of Glenn’s life and Glenn’s music but of an entire generation of people and the music that we all came up with. I think Glenn would be delighted to view it that way…as a celebration. And that’s what we want it to be. We want everybody to come out and have a joyous time and we can be grateful for the lives that we’ve had in the country that we live in. “
    Timothy was asked what he made of the fact that the Eagles would be together again.
    “I’m really,really looking forward to this as I think everybody is. It’s going to be, in some ways, a very profound thing for us to do. I’m as interested as everybody else to see how it goes.”
    Don was asked as a founding member of the band (along with Glenn) if he had any final words.
    “We want the fans to know how appreciative we are. When Glenn passed away we got messages of support and condolence from people all over the world. Messages poured in from every corner of the world. We were deeply moved by that. We want people to know how much we appreciate it and that we heard them and that we are grateful. We are grateful for a lot of things…including radio…the fact that our music got played on the radio and got disseminated to all corners of the Earth. People in China listen to Hotel California. People in the jungles of Central America. It’s an extraordinary thing and the older we get the more we realize it . That doesn’t mean to say that we are self-satisfied and that we are content to rest on our laurels. So, we’re just grateful for what we’ve been given. There have been ups and downs and moments of great joy and moments of great sadness and sorrow and loss. But at the end of the day, it’s all been pretty extraordinary.”

"The first thing that happens is you get some kind of label and you've gotta live up to it and then you just get caught in that. And, I forget what the second thing is." ~Joe Walsh

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Here's the thing.....None of us knows how Glenn would have felt about this. It's clear his family approves, so I'm glad they had the class to approach them first. We don't know how Glenn would have reacted if Don had died first and Irving bandied about the idea of these concerts to him. I still believe there is no Eagles without Glenn, but I respect the opinions that differ from mine. I remain disappointed, and will definitely not be going, but I can't say that Glenn wouldn't have approved.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    My God, you make Henley sound cold. You really do. That may not be your intention, but that is how your posts read. And I was criticised when I said he seemed to be all about money!
    Don Henley sued a guy he had a website with his name. Note the guys name was also Don Henley. DH portrays himself one way in interviews but his actions always seem to be about $$$$

Quote Originally Posted by Witchy Woman View Post
    Here's the thing.....None of us knows how Glenn would have felt about this. It's clear his family approves, so I'm glad they had the class to approach them first. We don't know how Glenn would have reacted if Don had died first and Irving bandied about the idea of these concerts to him. I still believe there is no Eagles without Glenn, but I respect the opinions that differ from mine. I remain disappointed, and will definitely not be going, but I can't say that Glenn wouldn't have approved.

"Hey Glenn Frey family....you will get $_ Million for these 2 shows....will u approve".

Its all about money and Im not wasting it on a tired watered down going through the motions version of the Eagles.