Page 71 of 166 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

I just watched an interview with Timothy recorded in February and I'm convinced that he believed the band was done at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I just watched an interview with Timothy recorded in February and I'm convinced that he believed the band was done at that time.
    Thanks UTW but can you be more specific?

Stuck on the Border

I'll try to transcribe tomorrow. He wasn't cagey. Essentially that the band was done and you couldn't have the Eagles without both Glenn and Don. Very matter of fact with nothing that could be misinterpreted.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Redstorm - Thank You for offer the olive branch. - it is greatly appreciated. I guess we all are too emotional about this...... and for this I apologize.

Frey Power - I agree with pretty much everything you said. I have no idea, nor does anyone else here, know what Glenn and his family wanted. This whole festival with the announcement could have been handled very differently. Days and days and days of speculation and than Don's comment of something along the lines of " So I'm told". I think it just left a bad taste in some people mouth so to speak. IMHO, there should have been some kind of official statement regarding their participation with perhaps an acknowledgement that it had the Frey families blessing.
    FP - I agree with you regarding Glenn - I think he hurt himself in regards to the numerous statements since the 80's regarding his participation/role in the Eagles as both a singer/songwriter when he lavished nothing but praise on Don(which was true) while downplaying his accomplishments. I have seen many statement on other fan sites and you tube stating he was the least talented of the group. I feel the group lost something when Don took over the role as lead singer. One of the things I loved about the group was that they had Don, Glenn, and Randy who sang beautifully and added so much with three lead vocalists.

**NOTE - I was on Amazon the other day to check on an order of mine when I saw you can get "To The Limit" in Kindle. However, like I said, it was sloppy research, with numerous mistakes and some of it should be taken with a grain of salt. Eliot does not have too much of anything nice to say about Glenn. As a matter of fact, when Don gave that interview with him in I believe 2007 for the updated version of the book, he made some really mean, snide and nasty comments about Glenn too. IMHO, I believe this was one of the main reasons he tried to stop publication of the book - and not his arrest in 1980. You had to really search for that in the book. Of course until Eliot got pissed over Don's actions and he(Eliot) then went into detail regarding the whole incident. I think this may have been around when LROE was going on and Don and Glenn were at there "he loves me not" phase.
    ***I forgot to add that I feel much of Glenn and Don's arguing over control in the 70's was inducted by their heavy Cocaine use. Which Don F. stated in his book.
    I agree with your entire post except for this part. I never accepted that Henley became 'lead singer'. He & Glenn were co lead singers, even if Glenn only sang one song per album eventually (he remedied that with LROOE). The songs he did sing on those last albums were Number One hits & Grammy award winners.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by maryc2130 View Post
    Very well said, and it pretty much sums up how I feel (except for the fact of being new to posting or having my posts misinterpreted). But it's definitely how I feel about the band. I won't be going to either of the festivals, but mostly of the price tag, and because I don't like that kind of a concert. If they announce more shows that are better-priced and near me geographically, I will definitely go to see them. It will be sad, yes, but I will go.

I just wanted to add my thoughts on a tribute concert. I think it would have been nice for them to do one for the fans' benefit, but I have my doubts as to whether they will and I'm okay with that. They chose to honor Glenn in their own way, behind closed doors. I believe that they probably needed a way to honor him where they weren't watched by the public. For performers constantly in the public eye, I think they value their privacy, and that would hold especially true when grieving. I would hope that they would honor Glenn in some way in the upcoming concerts, and I fully expect that they will. I would love to see a public tribute concert, but I am fine with not having one. Everyone grieves in their own way.
    This is all very well. Did they not think the fans deserved SOMETHING? They had their private tribute.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I'll try to transcribe tomorrow. He wasn't cagey. Essentially that the band was done and you couldn't have the Eagles without both Glenn and Don. Very matter of fact with nothing that could be misinterpreted.
    Thanks UTW please don't go to any trouble on my behalf but this is very intriguing given the apparent change of heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    This is all very well. Did they not think the fans deserved SOMETHING? They had their private tribute.
    Apparently not.

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm1968 View Post

Number one, Frey was always the leader of the band from the inception. That doesn't mean that everyone else was unimportant or had no voice, but it was his idea to build a band based on Geffin's advice to do so. Henley did not have the temperament or the inclination to be the leader by his own admission.

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm1968 View Post
    I have not seen evidence of that. Please provide a source. I have heard people say that Henley was a perfectionist, that Frey was tired of all the strife in the band, that both were tired and on cocaine, which made the problems 100 times worse. I have never read or heard that they fought over the leadership of the band.
    I'd like to address this but I prefer to start a new thread rather than derail this one by going OT.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Banned

How in the world is a performance (probably) with Deacon Frey playing with his dad's former bandmates NOT a tribute to Glenn? And how is it not for the fans? There are tickets available! No one is stopping you from going! Being angry only causes you to miss out. You're asking for the exact thing that they're doing, only with some sort of banner behind them that says "Glenn Frey Tribute." I don't get it. They literally can not perform together without it being a tribute, because they wouldn't be a band without Glenn. An official Glenn Frey tribute would look exactly like what's about to happen. Participate or don't, but don't fall back on a totally unfounded, unsubstantiated idea that they're dissing Glenn.

I think, from what I've heard from Deacon that his voice is more like Henley's....I'm still not happy about them continuing but I do wonder what it his voice will be like on a GF vocal. He's obviously talented. Maybe hence why there will be another person.