Page 78 of 166 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Ditto.....
    I have nothing against Don, Joe and Tim touring together. I just feel, in MHO, it is wrong to tour and call themselves "Eagles" when the founding member, who was the co-lead singer/songwriter is deceased.
    Sadly, this could not happen if it was reversed because Don had become the "voice" of the Eagles and sang most of their songs from 1976 onward.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Ditto.....
    I have nothing against Don, Joe and Tim touring together. I just feel, in MHO, it is wrong to tour and call themselves "Eagles" when the founding member, who was the co-lead singer/songwriter is deceased.
    Sadly, this could not happen if it was reversed because Don had become the "voice" of the Eagles and sang most of their songs from 1976 onward.
    I beg to differ. I think it could have happened. Regardless of the number of lead vocals on the albums, Glenn and Don had a fairly even number of leads in the live shows. Also Don was not the 'voice' of the Eagles on the rapidly fading from memory Long Road Out Of Eden album.

The real difference is that I think Glenn would never have considered the idea.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

These threads just usually make me mad, so I try to stay out. Trying to figure out why I came in just now!

Everyone knows how I feel about it. Why should we continue to go over it again and again?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I beg to differ. I think it could have happened. Regardless of the number of lead vocals on the albums, Glenn and Don had a fairly even number of leads in the live shows. Also Don was not the 'voice' of the Eagles on the rapidly fading from memory Long Road Out Of Eden album.

The real difference is that I think Glenn would never have considered the idea.
    You are right. I did a quick tabulation, based in great part of the Set Lists available from EOC.
    While Don typically had 11 or 12 leads, and Glenn had between 8 and 10, Glenn actually sang more Eagles songs than Don. In all the tours beginning with HFO, and excluding History, Don sang 3-4 solo songs while Glenn typically would only do 1 or maybe 2.
    Using HFO for an example Don had 7 Eagles Leads, while Glenn had 6 or 7 depending on whether they'd dropped TGFY and added SB.

So yes, live, they essentially sang the same number of Eagles tunes.

Almost without fail it was
    Don= 11 or 12
    Glenn=8-10
    Joe= 6
    Tim = 2

The exceptions being that Joe lost a lead on History to Bernie, and Tim gained one on LROE.

Don's high number leads came on LROE & the Millenium Tour with 12, and Glenn's came on F1 with 10.

Thanks for taking the time to add those up.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BillBailey1976 View Post
    You are right. I did a quick tabulation, based in great part of the Set Lists available from EOC.
    While Don typically had 11 or 12 leads, and Glenn had between 8 and 10, Glenn actually sang more Eagles songs than Don. In all the tours beginning with HFO, and excluding History, Don sang 3-4 solo songs while Glenn typically would only do 1 or maybe 2.
    Using HFO for an example Don had 7 Eagles Leads, while Glenn had 6 or 7 depending on whether they'd dropped TGFY and added SB.

So yes, live, they essentially sang the same number of Eagles tunes.

Almost without fail it was
    Don= 11 or 12
    Glenn=8-10
    Joe= 6
    Tim = 2

The exceptions being that Joe lost a lead on History to Bernie, and Tim gained one on LROE.

Don's high number leads came on LROE & the Millenium Tour with 12, and Glenn's came on F1 with 10.
    Glenn and Joe have played shows together so you can get a fair idea of what kind of set list, a non Henley, Eagles set list would look like. Closing with Glenn singing Desperado.

The second set and encore from the history Of The Eagles show is a good basis for the Classic East / West set list.
    It maybe a little lacking in pace at the start but there is still regular set list occupants, Witchy Woman, One Of These Nights, All She Wants To Do Is Dance, Dirty Laundry and The Boys Of Summer too add. A track or two from Long Road Out Of Eden could also make the list. I hope they do It's Your World Now. It's the track that Henley flagged up when the album was released. The Eagles home page features it too and imho it's always a good policy to perform a track you haven't played before. It's the obvious tribute to Glenn for me.

HOTE Tour Second Set

1 Pretty Maids All in a Row
    2 I Can't Tell You Why
    3 New Kid in Town
    4 Love Will Keep Us Alive
    5 Heartache Tonight
    6 Those Shoes
    7 In the City
    8 Life's Been Good
    9 The Long Run
    10 Funk #49
    11 Life in the Fast Lane

Encores:
    12 Hotel California
    13 Take It Easy
    14 Rocky Mountain Way
    15 Desperado

Border Desperado

Do you think Tim will get an additional song or 2 to take lead on. He could do "I Don't Want to Hear Anymore"...that would bring in LROE and spread the vocals out more...Plus there's songs like "Red Dirt Road" from his solo stuff, or even the Poco song "Keep On Tryin" that the Eagles did at the end, at least in the Long Beach shows.

Border Desperado

Here's what I think works well....IF they don't have anyone do any of Glenn's songs, which I'm Still not sure how would work.
    I know Tim does, or has done "Peaceful Easy Feeling" solo, and does a pretty good job.
    Also, assuming Bernie is back..I think he'll do one, but probably not "Train Leaves...."

Don= 12 leads
    Joe = 7
    Tim = 4
    Bernie = 1

Hotel California
    Victim Of Love
    My Man
    Help Me Through The Night
    Wasted Time
    I Can't Tell You Why
    Walk Away
    Witchy Woman
    I Don't Want To Hear Anymore
    One of These Nights
    ---Int----
    Pretty Maids All In A Row
    Keep On Tryin
    Those Shoes
    In the City
    Boys of Summer
    Love Will Keep Us Alive
    Dirty Laundry
    Funk #49
    Life In the Fast Lane
    ----------
    Life's Been Good
    Sad Cafe
    Rocky Mountain Way
    -----------
    Seven Bridges Road
    Desperado

Yes thanks for the info this is interesting data and suggestions for set lists.

Of course, I don't care how many times Henley claims Glenn Frey is irreplaceable if he really believed that he would not have resurrected the band after 14 months with the addition of two STILL UNNAMED new hires and be co-headlining a mega concert as the Eagles.

Border Desperado

I'll tell you what the exercise of creating a set list did.....It made me realize just HOW important Glenn was to the group. If anyone doubts that, sit down and come up with a set list, but exclude Glenn's leads. It's hard to do. I bet I went through half a dozen changes just to come up with that list.
    And even at that, I had to give Tim more leads than he's EVER done with the group...and still I'm a couple songs shorter than the typical Eagles setlist.