Page 79 of 166 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Border Desperado

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

I actually have an idea that I think most people could get on board with.
    I'd like to see the guys tour as just themselves.
    Tim-Open the show, do 15 minutes of his solo stuff
    Joe-30 minutes of Classic Walsh
    Henley - 45 minutes of pure Golden Throat.

Come out as an encore...together
    Do 60 minutes of Eagles Classic Hits

Best of Both Worlds. Those amazing talents singing the songs they made famous, honoring the "Eagles" but still doing their own thing.

Banned

I've made a few mock set lists with some Glenn songs being done by the singers who have done them in their own shows -- Already Gone by Don (goes way back) PEF by Timothy and TITTL by Joe. Doesn't account for Take it Easy, Heartache Tonight or Lyin' Eyes, which are glaring omissions from any Eagles show, or New Kid In Town, which they have done without in the past.

I think Bernie, if involved, sings at least two leads. My Man is a given and I think they would revisit Train Leaves Here This Morning just to break the monotony of Don and Joe. I don't see a viable third song for Bernie. Twenty-One would be fun but probably not selected because the lyrics have passed the Eagles by. Timothy could sing Keep On Tryin' or I Don't Want to Hear Anymore or Do Something. Or maybe, as a real darkhorse, A Good Day, which was originally pitched as an Eagles song.

Also will be interesting to see if Don chooses any deeper cuts to sing, like Sad Cafe or Learn To Be Still. Doubtful, but why not? This is the beginning of them, individually and collectively, riding off into the sunset. They should play the songs they want to play.

Stuck on the Border

Dawn - Agree with you completely. As I have said before, I have no objection with Don, Joe and Tim touring together. I just feel they should not be calling themselves "Eagles" when one of the two of the founding members of the band is gone.......
    BB - I like your set list for the three of them performing together. I would certainly go see them with a set list like that. Of course, they would not fill huge stadiums but could certainly sell out smaller venues.

Border Desperado

i agree. I think they'd have no problem filling up basketball arenas..14-18 thousand, but probably not Giants Stadium

Stuck on the Border

BB - Def not Giants Stadium(Now Met Life though everyone still calls it Giants Stadium). It holds 80,000 people. I think more like a 10-12 thousand venue unless they have other acts to draw in more people.

Border Desperado tequila mockingbird's Avatar

Cool Re: Eagles.... 3.0

On a Dallas radio show Don Henley just confirmed that Deacon Frey will be joining the band for the Classic East/West shows. "Official" announcement in a few days. Said one more musician will be joining them, but won't reveal yet.

"The first thing that happens is you get some kind of label and you've gotta live up to it and then you just get caught in that. And, I forget what the second thing is." ~Joe Walsh

Thanks for that Tequila Mockingbird. Do you remember which station it was? My guess is the other musician is Bob Seger, although I hope that doesn't rule out Bernie as part of it as well.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Thanks Tequila for posting. I agree besides Deacon I'm thinking the other is Bob and would hope Bernie is a part as well.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Border Desperado tequila mockingbird's Avatar

Red face Re: Eagles.... 3.0

For what it's worth, Vince Gill has tour dates listed right up until 6/30...and then there's a pregnant pause...with dates resuming 11/29. Hmmm, interesting.

Seger's official site just says, "Stay tuned..." on the tour page with no dates listed. So, there's that.

Jackson Browne, whom I feel is the least likely of the three, has a show scheduled in MD on 7/15...which is the first night of Classic West.

"The first thing that happens is you get some kind of label and you've gotta live up to it and then you just get caught in that. And, I forget what the second thing is." ~Joe Walsh

No surprise about Deacon.

As for the other addition/s guess they are going to draw this out a little while longer which is just plain ridiculous. I mean ... Come On ... how much time do they need to prepare a formal/official announcement?