Page 90 of 166 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

I agree, Austin. It would take something going catastrophically wrong for them to not follow up.

It sounds to me from Vince's quote in that interview that he is absolutely salivating at the thought of touring with the Eagles. "I always thought I'd have made a good Eagle," he says, all smiles.That sounds like he's ready to make this arrangement long term.

It doesn't sound like he is being billed as a special guest, does it? I really think they are seriously going to make Vince Gill an official member of the Eagles.

Jiminy Cricket.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

This is really pitiful.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I agree, Austin. It would take something going catastrophically wrong for them to not follow up.

It sounds to me from Vince's quote in that interview that he is absolutely salivating at the thought of touring with the Eagles. "I always thought I'd have made a good Eagle," he says, all smiles.That sounds like he's ready to make this arrangement long term.

It doesn't sound like he is being billed as a special guest, does it? I really think they are seriously going to make Vince Gill an official member of the Eagles.

Jiminy Cricket.
    That's the way I read it...

Also in that promo pic, no Bernie...Bernie probably might be thinking what we are thinking...or for some reason they didn't put him in the picture. Hmmm. Supposedly he was seen in a video with Deacon and Joe rehearsing.

Well at least the ticket prices are coming down and fans now have the option of buying a one day pass.

Well, of course Vince Gill was in Pure Prarie Leage, and can also sing RNB quite well. I have seen him in a festival setting before, and he was obviously well in another league than most of the other acts. Very professional. Excellent guitarist. I just don't see where his voice will fit in the mix even though he is known for harmonizing. They have Timothy for the high tenor parts. I know I wouldn't be happy with anyone they chose. Adding him just makes the act a "whole 'nother can of corn" as the saying goes; one that many will not care for.

I don't care for the whole idea of this (continuing), but for Deacon's sake, I hope these shows go well. I wish him great things in the future. He looked very happy (and good) in the photo!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Banned

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...530-story.html

I've don't think I've ever heard anything by Vince Gill. I know he's country, which is enough to switch me off. If he's won a stack of grammys in his solo career, will he be doing any of his own material with the band? Is he a good enough guitarist to make Steuart Smith surplus to requirement? What about Bernie, If Glenn's wishes are being considered, surely Bernie would also be in the photo.

I'm not interested in the Eagles as a, far from pristine, relic from the past, attempting to recreate past glories.

Stuck on the Border

Wow, so all this big build up and huge secret to finally announce Vince Gill !!!!! And yes, it sure sounds to me like they have already planned a tour after the festival. Guess we will have to wait for that big announcement.

Stuck on the Border

Like F50, I haven't heard much of Vince Gill. Is he likely to be a good choice musically and commercially? It does all seem to be a bit of an anti-climax - why wait so long to announce something that was predicted months ago?

Border Rebel

I think Vince Gill will fit in with the Eagles fine instrumentally as his playing style is way closer to that of Steuart Smith than Joe Walsh. He's an excellent guitar player, but I'm guessing his role as an "Eagle" will be more as a rhythm player as he will probably handle Glenn's parts. Vocally, he's also a great singer, but I'm not sure if he's all that compatible with the other guys in that realm. But then again, I don't know a whole lot about Deacon's singing either. I've seen him in a number of videos and he sounded very good, but nothing like Glenn. He seems to be a bit more of a lead guitar player than his dad was though.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    That's the way I read it...

Also in that promo pic, no Bernie...Bernie probably might be thinking what we are thinking...or for some reason they didn't put him in the picture. Hmmm. Supposedly he was seen in a video with Deacon and Joe rehearsing.
    Or maybe they are keeping his appereance a secret. People who want a proper tribute are forgetting one thing. The Harrisons decided that THEY wanted to do it. But the Freys most likely dont want it or want to keep their mourning private. Saying Don Henley doesnt care about the Eagles legacy or is removing Glenn is pitiful. Don and Glenn knew eachother for years. They were brothers and I am pretty sure that they decided what would happened to the band if one of them dies. I am taking a break from the border because it has become controversial and blasphemous to support this. I NEVER got to see the Eagles live so if they toured this would be my only chance to ser them. To say that Don Henley and the band would erase Glenn is blasphemous who in their right mind would think that? If Glenns family did not approve or Glenn had a will saying he wanted the band to stop the. it would ne a diffrent story.