Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Finally found the Audio to my Randy Meisner Interview

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Finally found the Audio to my Randy Meisner Interview

Wow - Thank you for finding this interview ! What a sweet guy Randy is - feeding the deer while being interviewed. He had such a realistic and positive attitude upon reflection about his time in the Eagles. Talking about how young they all were and the stress and strain the constant touring took on all of them. I hope Randy is ok and has found some peace.

Dawn, no harm no foul.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Wow - Thank you for finding this interview ! What a sweet guy Randy is - feeding the deer while being interviewed. He had such a realistic and positive attitude upon reflection about his time in the Eagles. Talking about how young they all were and the stress and strain the constant touring took on all of them. I hope Randy is ok and has found some peace.
    I absolutely agree.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

It is so great to hear Randy's speaking voice, it is so much better than reading the interview!

Just think, they all got to the same point that Randy did just a little while later, tired of touring, exhausted and such; what if they had got to take a break after the HC tour and then return refreshed, if things would be different... Would Randy have come back? Nothing against Timothy, he's a class act!

I hope he is still able to feed the deer and other animals at his house. I can't wait to hear more of this interview.

Thanks for finding it and sharing ladies!

Quote Originally Posted by East Texas Girl View Post
    It is so great to hear Randy's speaking voice, it is so much better than reading the interview!

Just think, they all got to the same point that Randy did just a little while later, tired of touring, exhausted and such; what if they had got to take a break after the HC tour and then return refreshed, if things would be different... Would Randy have come back? Nothing against Timothy, he's a class act!

I hope he is still able to feed the deer and other animals at his house. I can't wait to hear more of this interview.

Thanks for finding it and sharing ladies!
    ETG, I had those same thoughts when I was reading about how burned out Glenn had gotten during The Long Run. Randy just got to that point earlier; after all, before the Eagles, he had been on the road touring with Rick Nelson (including going overseas) and Poco. Even with The Poor he had been on the road some.

What gets me about how Randy quit is that he decides to give it all up, but instead of getting away from the craziness and going home, he stays on for the rest of the tour! He could have finished the tour and waited to announce he was quitting. The band dynamics would have been different, "Try and Love Again" may have been released as a single and he could have taken at least a month off then come back refreshed. He may have very well changed his mind about quitting. Of course, this is nothing against Timothy; I agree he is a class act and seems to be a very decent guy.

Oh well, hindsight is 20/20!

Exactly Delilah!!

And to have Try And Love Again released as a single would have been great and probably a hit!

I know what if....

Part 3 of the interview-- and it looks like there will be 7 more segments!! Thank you, Mr. Beaudin!

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H0yuFuh09yQ[/ame]

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Mr. Beaudin has done a great service to humanity. Thank you, John!

Some highlights: we get to hear Randy recite the chorus lyrics to "Hearts On Fire" and say the word screwing.

Stuck on the Border

I remember seeing an interview with Glenn where he stated had Randy stayed "Try And Love Again" would have been the next single released from the HC album.
    Sadly, I do not think the Eagles could have taken any kind of break. Don H. stated they had contracts to abide by. At that point in time the Eagles were the biggest grossing band for the record label. No other artist/group came close. They had just released the HC album and the record label was already pressuring them about a new album. Also, both Irving and Elektra/Asylum felt the way to sell albums was to tour. There was no MTV to help with record sales. Had they been able to take an extended break things might have been different.
    TY for finding those interviews - love them.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Mr. Beaudin has done a great service to humanity. Thank you, John!

Some highlights: we get to hear Randy recite the chorus lyrics to "Hearts On Fire" and say the word screwing.
    Heh, heh that caught my attention too.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    I remember seeing an interview with Glenn where he stated had Randy stayed "Try And Love Again" would have been the next single released from the HC album.
    Sadly, I do not think the Eagles could have taken any kind of break. Don H. stated they had contracts to abide by. Had they been able to take an extended break things might have been different...TY for finding those interviews - love them.
    NKIT, do you remember what interview that was? I have seen references to that before, as well as a rumor that Don H told Randy TALA would be released as a single if he stayed. I think it was possible for them to take some kind of break. Don said years later they should have. And you're welcome; I'm glad others are enjoying these interviews too.

Stuck on the Border

Delilah - Thanks again for posting the interview. Randy is such a sweet person, I am so glad it looks like he has found some peace after his wife's passing.
    I had read that quote not once but a few times about TALA being released as the next single had Randy stayed. I believe one of the places was in one of the books written about them. The others may have been print interviews. I am sorry but it was so long ago I can not recall......
    I disagree about them being able to take a break but who knows. Don has said they had to feed the beast(the record label). I can only imagine the pressure and stress they were constantly under to produce one hit record after another.