Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

Default Re: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    Oh, yes, agreed. But the way the guy says it, the uninformed would take it Deacon has JOINED the Eagles. And most certainly Deacon will be playing some of his Dad's songs, however a few or alot. I just think reporters should make clear what they interpret from comments, and what their subject actually said.
    I don't appreciate the tabloid style.
    But seeing (and hearing) Deacon singing with the guys will be a wonderful thing for those who go. Hopefully there will be clips for the rest of us.
    I am also glad for reporters to stop dredging up Randy's health issues. Go Randy!
    I hope there will be clips too, FreyFollower. No doubt it's going to be an emotional time for the band members and their fans in the audience. This will be a very different Eagles.

And yes, go Randy!

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Banned

Default Re: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

I will be surprised if any of the members perform any solo material but hey, I've been surprised before. (understatement)

I am really pulling for Deacon, and I hope that he has fun and does well. He looks just like his father but I think he has his mother's eyes, from what I can tell.

I also really hope that there will be clips of the concert available to the public.
    Last edited by redstorm1968; 06-01-2017 at 03:58 AM. Reason: My spelling is awful.

In a recent interview, Timothy was asked if he plans any more solo gigs. He said he would like to do more but is on 'standby' in case the Eagles do more shows after the Classic ones. He stressed that nothing is planned. Timothy is obviously up for it so hopefully more shows will be forthcoming.
    I have reasonably good tickets for Classic East but I don't expect to see much other than on the big screens so it would be great to get Platinum tickets for any future shows that may materilise as there is nothing like being in the first few rows!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm1968 View Post
    I will be surprised if any of the members preform any solo material but hey, I've been surprised before. (understatement)
    I'd put my house on Joe performing solo material, and The James Gang material too. He has at every other Eagles show he's played since he joined in 1975. In fact he played Rocky Mountain Way with the Eagles when Leadon was still in the band.

I think the major question is whether Tim will do solo (or Poco) material. There's a likelihood that he'll get three lead vocals. The obvious three, I Can't Tell You Why, Love Will Keep Us Alive and I Don't Want To Hear Anymore, even Keep On Trying are all early set songs. He may sing something else, up tempo, in the later stages of the show.

If Tim gets to sing a new solo track, it's only fair that Don and Joe get to sing one too. It wouldn't be a surprise if Don did a couple of solo tracks. It's only during the last 'History Of The Eagles Tour' that they didn't do any, probably as he didn't consider them as part of the History of the Eagles. Don's solo tracks always got a good audience reception when they were performed in my presence, especially Dirty Laundry and The Boys Of Summer. They've also done New York Minute, The Heart Of The Matter, Sunset Grill and All She Wants To Do Is Dance.

Apart from his regular half dozen, Joe has also performed Turn To Stone, Ordinary Average Guy, Help Me Through The Night, All Night Long and One Day At a Time with the Eagles.

I hope the Eagles play songs that are not entirely mined from the seventies.

I wonder if they'll be influenced by Fleetwood Mac's set. I'm not well up on Fleetwood Mac but I think they'll have new songs in their set list.

Border Desperado

Personally I love hearing the Solo material too. It was nice at the HOTE concert just to hear "Eagles" songs (except for Joe).....but when I saw them on HFO, a few of my favorite moments were Ordinary Average Guy, Boys of Summer, and Smuggler's Blues.

Growing up and riding the school bus in the early 80's, I have such vivid memories of hearing Boys of Summer on the way to school....what seems like every other morning. Hearing Don do that live was an awesome moment.

I love Keep on Trying. I would love to see it incorporated back into the Eagles setlist.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    People on FB are saying Bob Seger...
    TK - Have a nice time. Your are going to the West concert instead of the East ?
    I will be attending the East Coast show. I live very close to Citi Field. I would be so upset knowing they were that close & I didn't see them.
    You never know when will be the last time they play.

As for what I'm expecting. I think much of the same as we saw on the last tour. I'm not expecting much in the way of the solo material, except for the usual Funk 49 & Rocky Mountain Way.

I don't think there will be anything from Long Road Out of Eden either. If they didn't do it for the HOE tour, I doubt they will be doing anything now.
    Not expecting any Poco songs from Tim, or even Henley solo work. They may do Boys of Summer, but not really expecting anything else.
    I doubt there will be an orchestra, so that would eliminate the songs that require that.
    It would be really nice to hear something that they don't usually perform, but I think it's going to mostly be the big hits. I'm okay with that, but would be nice to hear something different.

Depending on who else will appear with them, will determine what else will be added.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

You know you are in Dublin when a colleague comes up to you and in a completely random way says 'I hear yer mans son is joining the band'! And you don't even need to THINK before you say yes!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

People are on to you, GA

I hope they make the announcement soon of who'll be the "other" guest musician in the line-up. What if it's Randy! And I don't have a ticket. There will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    I will be attending the East Coast show. I live very close to Citi Field. I would be so upset knowing they were that close & I didn't see them.
    You never know when will be the last time they play.

As for what I'm expecting. I think much of the same as we saw on the last tour. I'm not expecting much in the way of the solo material, except for the usual Funk 49 & Rocky Mountain Way.

I don't think there will be anything from Long Road Out of Eden either. If they didn't do it for the HOE tour, I doubt they will be doing anything now.
    Not expecting any Poco songs from Tim, or even Henley solo work. They may do Boys of Summer, but not really expecting anything else.
    I doubt there will be an orchestra, so that would eliminate the songs that require that.
    It would be really nice to hear something that they don't usually perform, but I think it's going to mostly be the big hits. I'm okay with that, but would be nice to hear something different.

Depending on who else will appear with them, will determine what else will be added.
    Tk, I think you are spot on.

Ga, they know you well!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    People are on to you, GA

I hope they make the announcement soon of who'll be the "other" guest musician in the line-up. What if it's Randy! And I don't have a ticket. There will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth.
    NMB, I have my ticket to Classic West and would be soo thrilled if it was Randy. You would probably be able to hear me screaming from LA all the way to Florida!!