Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

Border Desperado

Default Re: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

Does anyone want to take some guesses at a possible set list?
    I don't know how long they'll have, so it's hard to really determine.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Re: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

We have their festival set lists in these threads, so that would be a place to start, and I would post it here but too lazy.

I really like How Long and it would be cool if they played it with J.D. Souther, if this really is going to be a "friends" event.

I think knowing who the "friends and family" are would help with the set list. If Bob Seger is there, Heartache Tonight is a shoo-in. The other rumored guest, Vince Gill, would probably sing PEF and/or Tequila Sunrise. If Travis Tritt is there (the rumored unnamed country artist), he may sing TIE. I doubt anything from LROOE will be performed.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

The shows are scheduled to start at 5pm so should be a decent set length.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I think knowing who the "friends and family" are would help with the set list. If Bob Seger is there, Heartache Tonight is a shoo-in. The other rumored guest, Vince Gill, would probably sing PEF and/or Tequila Sunrise. If Travis Tritt is there (the rumored unnamed country artist), he may sing TIE. I doubt anything from LROOE will be performed.
    The bill doesn't mention 'friends and family' at all.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I know but with Glenn not there, the void will be great and it will be vital to have guests to shore up the performances. Hopefully Bernie will be there too, so there will be at least one more original member. I still hold out hope there will be songs dedicated to Glenn and some type of remembrance.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Personally, I don't want any guests "filling in" for Glenn. I think Don, Tim, Joe and the backing band can handle the songs, including Glenn's, just fine. But, if they insist on having guests, J.D. would be cool. It would be cool if Stevie Nicks popped in!

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I noticed that too.

Lots of radio stations are already starting to give away tickets. K-Earth is one. KLOS's morning show talk-team, Heidi,Frank,& Frosty, were talking about it yesterday. That is the only way I'll be able to afford a seat in the first 5 rows for the Eagles despite not having travel costs.

Wondering how the Mac will handle stage access when front row seats are 3xs my monthly mortgage.

I haven't been to any of their concerts since Chrissie McVie rejoined the band but back in the day, you could belly-up to the stage even if you weren't in the front row. Ranged from first five rows to the first ten rows.

I remember a show in San Diego. I had a second row seat so security gave me no grief when I stepped over the chair in front of me, as the band took the stage, to secure a spot at the stage right in front of LindseyB. They also didn't say anything to the guy standing beside me all night who had a seat in the nose-bleeds. Doubt that will happen July 16th.

Stay Tuned!
    CarolC

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BillBailey1976 View Post
    Does anyone want to take some guesses at a possible set list?
    I don't know how long they'll have, so it's hard to really determine.
    I reckon that they'll do two hours. Beyond that I'm stumped. Will Don dominate the show ?(Will he still get twice the money, Joe and Tim make?) or will he just do his usual third and split the rest between, Joe, Tim and the guests.

My choice of guests would be Bernie, not sure what song he'd sing though, JD Souther for New Kid In Town and Heartache Tonight, Jimmy And Dale from The James Gang to perform Walk Away and Funk #49 and maybe some Poco guys to sing Rose Of Cimarron or Keep On Tryin' with Tim.

I'm not sure that country music will go down well, last on the bill. at a stadium rock show.

I hope they play some Henley solo stuff, Hotel California in it's entirety would be a great headline stealer but I don't know who could sing Try And Love Again (S Nicks?) and of course a moment especially for Glenn Frey. Something new would be brilliant.

Almost Certain:
    Hotel California : Desperado : Life In The Fast Lane : One Of These Nights : The Long Run : Life's Been Good : In The City : Rocky Mountain Way : Funk #49 : I Can't Tell You Why

Probables:
    Take It Easy : Heartache Tonight : Already Gone : Those Shoes : Witchy Woman : Walk Away :

Possibles :
    Wasted Time : Tequila Sunrise : Peaceful Easy Feeling : Lying Eyes : Saturday Night : How Long : The Best Of My Love : The Sad Cafe : Love Will Keep Us Alive : I Dan't Wan't To Hear Any More : New York Minute : Dirty Laundry : The Boys Of Summer : Hole In The World : Pretty Maids All In A Row : Turn To Stone : All Night Long : Take It To The limit : New Kid In Town : The Last Resort : Victim Of Love : Long Road Out Of Eden :

I sincerely hope I haven't covered all bases there. The more surprised I am, the happier I expect I'll be.

I approve of Those Shoes being in your list of probables.