Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

Default Re: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Dawn - I just checked both sites and plenty of seats are left. Needless to say the seats between $2,750 and $1,000 are still left, as are seats that go for $450 to $950.
    How much were the tickets last year. Were they just as expensive ?
    Hi NKIT, thanks!

That's a good question I'm thinking DT 2016 less plus they offered a one day ticket/pass if I'm not mistaken.
    -----------------------

Edited to add:

"Noting that the cheapest tickets — $199 one-day passes — were said to be the last to sell out"

"At the time tickets went on sale, general admission prices for Desert Trip were set at $199 for a single day pass, while a three-day pass began $399. A three-day pass with admission to the standing pit in front of the stage (floor seats) was priced at $1,599."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jesse-...b_9991966.html

Stadium seating vs Indio Polo Fields another factor.

I think The Classics VIP packages may be higher than DT's which may have sold out first
    Last edited by Dawn; 04-19-2017 at 07:00 PM.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

Dawn - Wow TY. The highest priced tickets for two days for the East/West are more expensive than the tickets for the three days last year. I do not know how Irving thinks "normal" people can afford those prices. I realize a certain amount are corporate but still.

Banned

I don't think Irving is looking to attract "normal" people. He had to make Don, Joe and Tim an offer they couldn't refuse. They'll make a tidy packet even if the remaining tickets are sold half price on the internet. a couple of days before the shows.

In a radio interview today, Don said that an official announcement about the line up will be made soon.
    Don wanted to make it clear they are not replacing Glenn as he is irreplaceable.

http://www.92kqrs.com/2017/05/11/don...-to-ray-erick/
    Last edited by Philh; 05-11-2017 at 01:19 PM.

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I don't think Irving is looking to attract "normal" people. He had to make Don, Joe and Tim an offer they couldn't refuse. They'll make a tidy packet even if the remaining tickets are sold half price on the internet. a couple of days before the shows.
    This is definitely not for the "normal" fan. To me this looks like a Hollywood movie premiere. It's all about exposure and the event to promote the group.
    I'm not saying I think it will happen, but this massive venue and hyped up event would be a perfect springboard into a nationwide tour, where then they would appeal to the more "normal" run of the mill fans, willing to pay 100.00 in their local area.

Quote Originally Posted by Philh View Post
    In a radio interview today, Don said that an official announcement about the line up will be made soon.
    Don wanted to make it clear they are not replacing Glenn as he is irreplaceable.

http://www.92kqrs.com/2017/05/11/don...-to-ray-erick/
    Thank you for the link, Philh. He also said they're "keeping it in the musical family."

(Since there is discussion beyond the line-up at this summer's shows, I'm going to post it in Don's press thread too.)

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by BillBailey1976 View Post
    This is definitely not for the "normal" fan. To me this looks like a Hollywood movie premiere. It's all about exposure and the event to promote the group.
    I'm not saying I think it will happen, but this massive venue and hyped up event would be a perfect springboard into a nationwide tour, where then they would appeal to the more "normal" run of the mill fans, willing to pay 100.00 in their local area.
    I agree that it's most likely a springboard. The three remaining Eagles have a fair amount of solo shows (or show with Tom Petty in Joe's case), but after the Classic East event, the only concert date scheduled is Don's solo show in Mexico at the end of October. I don't think that's coincidental.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

This is pure speculation on my part, but seeing as so many of the bands are managed by Mr. Azoff's company, I've wondered if this is like a pre-retirement bash for him. You know, go out with a bang.

In his 2012 tour diary, Donald Fagen claimed that Azoff was already semi-retired. So five years later, maybe he's ready to cash in his chips so to speak.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Dawn - Wow TY. The highest priced tickets for two days for the East/West are more expensive than the tickets for the three days last year. I do not know how Irving thinks "normal" people can afford those prices. I realize a certain amount are corporate but still.
    He knows enough people out there will have this kind of money - he doesn't want 'normal' people at this event.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    He knows enough people out there will have this kind of money - he doesn't want 'normal' people at this event.
    Sure looks that way but neither venue is sold out and it appears that includes the tickets with the heftiest price tags e.g. VIP

Thats not good news especially when compared to Desert Trip 2016 which sold out in 3-5 hours.

Fast forward to official announcement coming soon per Don Henley.

Will they finally reveal the identity of the mystery new additions to the band's lineup? Will it make a difference in ticket sales?

Insert Rolling Eyes ...