Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

Default Re: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    He knows enough people out there will have this kind of money - he doesn't want 'normal' people at this event.
    Sure looks that way but neither venue is sold out and it appears that includes the tickets with the heftiest price tags attached e.g. VIP

Thats not good news especially when compared to Desert Trip 2016 which sold out in 3-5 hours.

Fast forward to official announcement coming soon per Don Henley.

Will they finally reveal the identity of the mystery new additions to the band's lineup? Will it make a difference in ticket sales?

SMH ... How did it ever come to this -->> Glenn Frey is irreplaceable. Until he wasn't.

Classic East/West 2017
    Last edited by Dawn; 05-15-2017 at 02:14 PM.

Default Re: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

Just to reiterate Don has confirmed that Deacon will join them for the Classic shows.

I do hope that this will satisfy Eagle fans who were upset about them playing together now that Glenn is gone. I'm so glad I got my tickets. I'm really looking forward to hearing & seeing Deacon at the show....Glenn would be so proud of him. I can't wait!!

Also I believe that Don said there will be another special guest with them.

Stuck on the Border

People on FB are saying Bob Seger...
    TK - Have a nice time. Your are going to the West concert instead of the East ?

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    I do hope that this will satisfy Eagle fans who were upset about them playing together now that Glenn is gone. I'm so glad I got my tickets. I'm really looking forward to hearing & seeing Deacon at the show....Glenn would be so proud of him. I can't wait!!

Also I believe that Don said there will be another special guest with them.
    That's great, TopKat. I agree about Glenn being proud. A couple of us here think it will be Bob Seger. He seems to be more suited for a big classic rock concert than Vince Gill. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

It'll be special hearing Deacon sing some of father's songs.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

The frontrunners for that last person(now that we know Deacon is one of them which really wasn't a surprised since his name has been floating around since last year with that article Don did in Canada) is either Bob or Vince. Jackson and JD name were floating around too, but I think I heard they both have shows on one of those dates. I think its either going to be Bob, Vince or even Bernie. Bernie might not be a surprised, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's the second person.

If it was Vince, he's more suitable for Glenn's country rock songs, but Vince could surprise us.

I can't wait to hear your recap in July TK.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 05-16-2017 at 04:36 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

You're right about Vince Gill, Shun--he could sing Glenn's country rock songs. I just figure Deacon would be doing them. But who knows, Deacon may want to rock out--he was rehearsing with Joe after all.

I'm really hoping Bernie is a part of it but isn't being counted as a "special guest" since he's an original member.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

I wonder when they will start rehearsing. Joe is on the road with Tom Petty until June 16th. He has one more date and that's this Saturday. Then he has a week off. Don starts back in June and Timothy is done with his dates. Its going to cut close, but than again. They probably had been rehearsing here and there when they can.

Looking at both Bob and Vince's tour schedule. Bob is good until September with that one date in Detroit. Vince starts back touring in June and will be done on the 29th of June then he starts back up in November, but he's mostly going to be in Nashville which probably are the Christmas concerts he does with his wife Amy. So it could be either one of them.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

I think Deacon has been working with Don for awhile now, not necessarily with Tim & Joe. If Don is coaching him, he will be ready.

Don is a perfectionist & if he didn't think Deacon was ready, it probably wouldn't be happening.

If Bob Seger is the special guest, I would be thrilled. I've seen his show about 2 years ago & he was great, plus also a great friend of Glenn's. He will be smiling down on them

Deacon was probably working with Don and Joe. Remembered that video of Deacon rehearsing with Joe and some of us thought he might be touring with Joe or he was being preparedfor the two festival which end up being they were probably preparing him.

It all started with that little 2 minute video that got everybody talking.

Glenn will definitely be smiling down on him. I know Deacon is probably excited to be working with the men he knew all his life.