Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

Default Re: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

Rock History Music's take on Deacon playing with the band

https://m.youtube.com/watch?sns=tw&v=hUiFEiVF6pQ

Banned

Default Re: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

When Don first suggested playing with Deacon, if he's anything like his father, Deacon would have started practicing his chops, all hours of the day and night.
    Henley, then says the Deacon idea wasn't a serious suggestion so Deacon and/or his mother tell Henley just how hard he's been working and suddenly ....it's on.

I've been wondering about the set list for some time. With it being a rock show I thought they might skip the laid back country stuff and concentrate mainly on the uptempo rockers.

Tim has to do I Can't Tell You Why, so that's a soft song birth taken already. Non of his other obvious inclusions, Love Will Keep Us Alive , Keep On Trying and I Don't Want To Hear Anymore are Stadium friendly so he may sing something less obvious.

I Refuse rocks. I Can See Everything, a recent addition to his solo set list and his most covered Poco song, maybe being considered but nobody has flagged it up as being a highlight of his set. Reggae music always sounds good live, so, Tim may do Slow Down.
    The other option is for Tim to sing a Frey song. Something with a bit more edge than Peaceful Easy Feeling though.

It'll be a major surprise if Joe steps out of his comfort zone. Rocky Mountain Way, Life's Been Good, Walk Away, In The City and Funk #49. In a stadium maybe Turn To Stone rather any of this softer songs. He's just added Meadows and Ordinary Average Guy to his solo set list. They could make the Eagles set list.

I think everybody will expect Don to handle the majority of the lead vocals. Hotel California, Life In The Fast Lane, One Of These Nights. The Long Run, Solo tracks, Dirty Laundry and The Boys Of Summer, maybe one or two slower songs. Definitely Desperado. Maybe The Last Resort too.

You Don't Know Me At All is a perfect for a stadium rock concert but it'd be a surprise to see it performed. The song he wrote with Tim, Waiting Tables is probably a long shot too.

I wonder if part of the set list will adopt a theme. Don has remarked about the 'closure' theme of some of the songs on Long Road Out Of Eden. No More Walks In The Wood, Last Good Time In Town, It's Your World Now, No More Cloudy Days.

Well the Classic East/West concerts mark a new era for the band. They need to acknowledge the greatness of Glenn but stride forward confidently. I'd open with Business As Usual, My Thanksgiving, No More Walks In The Wood and Rocky Mountain Way to make that statement.

Stadium rock isn't really Bernie's forte but it'd be sad to see him excluded.
    My Man is a good shout, Journey Of The Sorcerer rocks a bit and offers a chance for Joe and Bernie interplay. I believe Earlybird was an early Eagles show highlight but Train Leaves Here This Morning is too quiet and laid back imho. Bernie did sing on their 70s version of How Long.

When they've done Hotel California, Life In The Fast Lane and Desperado, I'd like the band to return to the stage and run through some Frey tunes such as Heartache Tonight, The Heat Is On, How Long, Tequila Sunrise, It's Your World Now and Take It Easy in honor of Glenn.

I don't know what to make of Deacon. I wish him well but I didn't enjoy hearing Don talking up nepotism. I wonder if they'll be new blood in the backing band, otherwise Deacon will be surrounded by old fogeys.

Stuck on the Border

Let me see... the shows are called "Classic" and feature six groups who had their heyday in the seventies. Do you really believe that any of the groups are going to play material from recent solo albums?

Quote Originally Posted by Philh View Post
    Rock History Music's take on Deacon playing with the band

https://m.youtube.com/watch?sns=tw&v=hUiFEiVF6pQ
    Yeah, I've heard this guy before... he sensationalizes and embellishes things. Don did not say Deacon was "joining the Eagles" or "singing Glenn Frey's parts".
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I said this in the other thread but looking forward to hearing about this and knowing Deacon is involved and who the other guest will be (I'm still thinking Bob). I told my parents and brother about it last night and they all were a bit surprised but thought it was nice that Glenn's son will be joining them. They all were as surprised as I was when these concerts got announced. It does seem like a lot of the general fans (those that aren't as active as us) are more ok with all of this including my family, especially with Deacon involved.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    When Don first suggested playing with Deacon, if he's anything like his father, Deacon would have started practicing his chops, all hours of the day and night.
    Henley, then says the Deacon idea wasn't a serious suggestion so Deacon and/or his mother tell Henley just how hard he's been working and suddenly ....it's on.

I've been wondering about the set list for some time. With it being a rock show I thought they might skip the laid back country stuff and concentrate mainly on the uptempo rockers.

Tim has to do I Can't Tell You Why, so that's a soft song birth taken already. Non of his other obvious inclusions, Love Will Keep Us Alive , Keep On Trying and I Don't Want To Hear Anymore are Stadium friendly so he may sing something less obvious.

I Refuse rocks. I Can See Everything, a recent addition to his solo set list and his most covered Poco song, maybe being considered but nobody has flagged it up as being a highlight of his set. Reggae music always sounds good live, so, Tim may do Slow Down.
    The other option is for Tim to sing a Frey song. Something with a bit more edge than Peaceful Easy Feeling though.

It'll be a major surprise if Joe steps out of his comfort zone. Rocky Mountain Way, Life's Been Good, Walk Away, In The City and Funk #49. In a stadium maybe Turn To Stone rather any of this softer songs. He's just added Meadows and Ordinary Average Guy to his solo set list. They could make the Eagles set list.

I think everybody will expect Don to handle the majority of the lead vocals. Hotel California, Life In The Fast Lane, One Of These Nights. The Long Run, Solo tracks, Dirty Laundry and The Boys Of Summer, maybe one or two slower songs. Definitely Desperado. Maybe The Last Resort too.

You Don't Know Me At All is a perfect for a stadium rock concert but it'd be a surprise to see it performed. The song he wrote with Tim, Waiting Tables is probably a long shot too.

I wonder if part of the set list will adopt a theme. Don has remarked about the 'closure' theme of some of the songs on Long Road Out Of Eden. No More Walks In The Wood, Last Good Time In Town, It's Your World Now, No More Cloudy Days.

Well the Classic East/West concerts mark a new era for the band. They need to acknowledge the greatness of Glenn but stride forward confidently. I'd open with Business As Usual, My Thanksgiving, No More Walks In The Wood and Rocky Mountain Way to make that statement.

Stadium rock isn't really Bernie's forte but it'd be sad to see him excluded.
    My Man is a good shout, Journey Of The Sorcerer rocks a bit and offers a chance for Joe and Bernie interplay. I believe Earlybird was an early Eagles show highlight but Train Leaves Here This Morning is too quiet and laid back imho. Bernie did sing on their 70s version of How Long.

When they've done Hotel California, Life In The Fast Lane and Desperado, I'd like the band to return to the stage and run through some Frey tunes such as Heartache Tonight, The Heat Is On, How Long, Tequila Sunrise, It's Your World Now and Take It Easy in honor of Glenn.

I don't know what to make of Deacon. I wish him well but I didn't enjoy hearing Don talking up nepotism. I wonder if they'll be new blood in the backing band, otherwise Deacon will be surrounded by old fogeys.
    Poor Deacon.

Everybody knows how I feel about this business. But that seems to me to be a very unfair comment. I would like to think those who are in favour of this, as you are, would be supporting him instead of making such a claim.

I will be generous to you for a change and say that your setlist suggestions are interesting, to say the least.
    Last edited by Freypower; 05-17-2017 at 07:43 PM.

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

I'm still unhappy with this whole mess, but I will say if anyone is going to honor Glenn by performing at these shows Deacon is a perfect choice. If Don believes he can pull his weight, then I'm sure he will be just fine. I wish him well.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Poor Deacon.

Everybody knows how I feel about this business. But that seems to me to be a very unfair comment. I would like to think those who are in favour of this, as you are, would be supporting him instead of making such a claim.

I will be generous to you for a change and say that your setlist suggestions are interesting, to say the least.
    Thanks for your generosity Freypower, it's appreciated. I wish Deacon well.

I think UndertheWire's response that Classic East/West will be a 70s Revival fest is probably a right. I hope that they revisit Long Road Out Of Eden in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    Yeah, I've heard this guy before... he sensationalizes and embellishes things. Don did not say Deacon was "joining the Eagles" or "singing Glenn Frey's parts".
    Well, technically speaking, Deacon is joining the Eagles on stage at the Classic concerts, which is the main topic of the video. And in the Don Henley interview that Mr. Beaudin references, Don talks about the guild system and the father passing along his craft to his son, so I don't think it's a stretch to say Deacon will be singing his father's parts per Henley. My guess is that most people expect Deacon to perform at least some of Glenn's songs.

I am glad Mr. Beaudin stopped saying Randy is in ill health and mentioned that Randy has been recording music recently.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Oh, yes, agreed. But the way the guy says it, the uninformed would take it Deacon has JOINED the Eagles. And most certainly Deacon will be playing some of his Dad's songs, however a few or alot. I just think reporters should make clear what they interpret from comments, and what their subject actually said.
    I don't appreciate the tabloid style.
    But seeing (and hearing) Deacon singing with the guys will be a wonderful thing for those who go. Hopefully there will be clips for the rest of us.
    I am also glad for reporters to stop dredging up Randy's health issues. Go Randy!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."