Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: America (the band)

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: America (the band)

Well, if Betty says so I guess that's the final word.

Do we have anyone here who has seen the band more than once in recent years? I saw them about a year and a half ago, and would like to see them again but get the strong impression - from reviews and an interview I read - that the setlist doesn't change much, if at all. I've no objection to hearing the hits but if even the "surprise" deep tracks don't change, there's not much point.

I just hope the vocals are still great... I don't think they could play a bad set list - too many fine songs.

To be honest, Gerry's voice is gone. Dewey is fine, he sounds the same.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3FNYfAMeoM

I like the band America, but, really, Scarlet Sun, that was too funny. Good one.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Fans of America may enjoy this lovely new song by Le Deux Love Orchestra featuring Dewey Bunnell - he's in fine voice, and it's a romantic song:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_Gb5YyUPtY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_Gb5YyUPtY[/ame]

Border Rebel

That's very pretty, NMB. Thanks for posting that!

America is performing with Three Dog Night at a smaller, local outdoor venue the night before my birthday in August. I had hoped to go to Don H's birthday celebration for my birthday, but unless I win the lottery, it doesn't look like I'll be going to that, so I may take in America and Three Dog Night. America was one of my favorite groups back in high school (after the Eagles, of course!) and Three Dog Night was the first band I ever saw live. It's sad that they've lost their lead singer, but hopefully performing with America will help make up for that.

Danny Hutton's voice sounds fantastic. Being Irish, he's a good front man and storyteller. He has an American bloke named David Morgan singing with him. Coincidentally, Mr. Morgan sings lead on the Randy Meisner song "The Best I've Ever Been (Rise & Fall)" from 2003.

I saw the Three Dog Night/America combo back in November 2015. I highly recommend it! Caught me a Dewey Bunnell guitar pick.

Out on the Border

Okay, I know this is an older thread, but this is totally new to me about Christopher Cross playing with America but after googling it, I see where he was "special guest" of theirs at several shows and turns out it was a pretty good idea! I recently went into a Nashville studio with my sons, Sam, a recent Belmont grad and drummer, and Noah, who plays trombone, along with some other Belmont students, and did a cover of Sister Golden Hair using a horn arrangement. If it's not cool to post this, just let me know, but I'd love to know what you think. Thanks! Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJIJMEoBz1o