Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Felder at Quintana Roo, Mexico Oct 26; Henley Nov. 1, 2017 - Rock Getaway - CANCELLED

Banned

Default Re: BREAKING! HENLEY AND FELDER ON THE SAME BILL FOR ROCK GETWAY IN MEXICO

Two things I thought we were beyond. Any possible public or private reconciliation between Don Felder and the Eagles, and pointing out that some songs are no longer played in their original key. THEY'RE 70 NOW!!! Is the key-change thing supposed to be some kind of insult? If so -- or if not -- it's been done. Let's move on.

Default Re: BREAKING! HENLEY AND FELDER ON THE SAME BILL FOR ROCK GETWAY IN MEXICO

Felder is there on October 26th. Don is there on November 1st. Felder will probably leave after his show and Don probably won't get there until maybe a day or two before his show. So I don't see the two Dons bumping into each other. Hell would definitely freeze over again and I don't see those two ever making up. Too much bad blood and burned bridges.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border

It isn't 'breaking'. We already have a topic about it.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...ead.php?t=6995

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    It isn't 'breaking'. We already have a topic about it.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...ead.php?t=6995
    Thank you FREYPOWER!
    I was so shocked to see those two on the same bill I wasn't thinking

Default Re: Don Henley at Quintana Roo, Mexico Oct 30th 2017; Don Felder on Nov. 1, 2017

It is a funny thing - them playing the same festival just days apart - I can understand why you'd react with amazement! However, I doubt they will interact at all, or even see each other.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Don Felder at Quintana Roo, Mexico Oct 26; Don Henley Nov. 1, 2017 - "Rock Getawa

Randy (with Poco) and Mr. Henley played the same night at the same venue for Farm Aid 1990. It's not the same level of animosity and lawsuits as with Felder but still. Awkward, one would think.

Banned

Default Re: Don Felder at Quintana Roo, Mexico Oct 26; Don Henley Nov. 1, 2017 - "Rock Getawa

If Felder genuinely wants to build some bridges, it's a golden opportunity, to bypass the lawyers, that he may never get again. Whatever Henley has said in the past, we know that he's always liable to change his mind. Nobody knows how he'll respond to a personal approach from Felder in the future.
    They've both done very well out of Hotel California.

Stuck on the Border

Funk - No, I do not think Don Henley will search out Don F. and extend any kind of olive branch. Don't forget, Felder made fun of Glenn's illness on his twitter account a couple of months before he passed. Sometimes you can not take things back that have been said in anger for 16 years. It is only within the last 1 1/2 years that Felder has refused to discuss or make any comments about Glenn, which I am glad he has wisely done.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by EagleInKansas View Post
    Two things I thought we were beyond. Any possible public or private reconciliation between Don Felder and the Eagles, and pointing out that some songs are no longer played in their original key. THEY'RE 70 NOW!!! Is the key-change thing supposed to be some kind of insult? If so -- or if not -- it's been done. Let's move on.
    Standard procedure indeed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Funk - No, I do not think Don Henley will search out Don F. and extend any kind of olive branch. Don't forget, Felder made fun of Glenn's illness on his twitter account a couple of months before he passed. Sometimes you can not take things back that have been said in anger for 16 years. It is only within the last 1 1/2 years that Felder has refused to discuss or make any comments about Glenn, which I am glad he has wisely done.
    No I don't think Henley will search out Felder either but I didn't suggest that. Henley wrote a great song about forgiveness so I guess he's open to the concept.