Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Have a Favorite Ex-Eagle?

Border Desperado

Default Re: Do You Have a Favorite Ex-Eagle?

On the ex eagle discussion- my first favorite is Randy. It really was not until seeing him in HOTE that I realized how truly good looking he was. Physically good looking for sure, but something about his inner nature seems to come through on his face as well. Peacefulness or a kindness? maybe? I don't know quite what it is. He had a really good singing voice.

Thinking back, Randy did have the David Cassidy type look but the Eagles were just not that type of band, their target audience was older than what the David Cassidy camp aimed at and then comes the "problem" of having all these really good looking men in one band- what do you?

My second favorite from a talent perspective: Don Felder. That whole situation is really too bad.

[QUOTE=Zanny;276675]On the ex eagle discussion- my first favorite is Randy. It really was not until seeing him in HOTE that I realized how truly good looking he was. Physically good looking for sure, but something about his inner nature seems to come through on his face as well. Peacefulness or a kindness? maybe? I don't know quite what it is.

I have thought the same thing many times after watching the HOTE. The full impact of his looks and talent kind of hit me like a "wow" moment. There are many good looking and talented men, but something about Randy, some intangible quality comes through. It is very attractive and endearing at the same time.

Randy seems to have a spiritual vibe he can send out, even from old video's. He gets to you not just his exceptionally good looks but his voice and the soul that comes through. He acts very gracious also...
    All these emotions at once, is what vibe Randy sends out..

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by DJ View Post
    Randy seems to have a spiritual vibe he can send out, even from old video's. He gets to you not just his exceptionally good looks but his voice and the soul that comes through. He acts very gracious also...
    All these emotions at once, is what vibe Randy sends out..
    My favorite is the gorgeous talented and humble mr meisner
    Soo smouchingly gorgeous yet so quiet and in the background always a reliable 'bass'. I can hear him on bass on all the tracks , so constant and steady , an amazing musician , and a foundation foralleagles success.

Out on the Border

Hi all, I'm new here but had to chime in. I am in love with Randy Meisner, isn't he deliciously handsome!!? Besides his great looks, he is the most talented singer of the 70's and 80's! Just love his sweet gentle voice 🎶🎶💕💕

my least favorite is Felder. To me, he just puts off a bad vibe. Like he can't wait to tattle on others. Some things are just better left unsaid but not fingers...he wants to give dirt on others.

Quote Originally Posted by sad-cafe View Post
    my least favorite is Felder. To me, he just puts off a bad vibe. Like he can't wait to tattle on others. Some things are just better left unsaid but not fingers...he wants to give dirt on others.

In my opinion, Felder seems hurt,angered or even disheartened. He had a lot of success with the Eagles and yet he can't quite grasp happiness. I do not feel sorry for him, but I do feel empathy. Because anyone who can't find some happiness must be totally missing the point of living their life for themself. He has a new fiance' and children to cherish and enjoy, so why dwell on the past. Why would you want to keep crucifying the people that hurt you once upon a time. I think the press,fans and anyone else that knows anything about the Eagles gets his anger. You don't see Randy in the press nailing Glenn or Don or whoever to the wall for things that happened 40 years ago. It's just sad. Because of that he is my least favorite.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I think that a year ago, Bernie was probably my least favorite, not because I didn't like him, just because I didn't know much about him. He never really stood out, and of course I've always been a big Joe Walsh fan, so I considered Bernie leaving and Joe coming in to be my personal musical nirvana.

However, with Bernie going on tour with the guys, and seeing him perform so often with them, he's graduated to my favorite 'ex-Eagle'. I don't think we can really classify him as 'ex' anymore, however, he's not a 'full' Eagle. I can't think of a proper term because I didn't get nearly enough sleep last night.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I totally hear ya, VA. I always liked Bernie a lot, but I definitely have a new found respect and admiration for him as events have played out over the last several years. He is a class act, not to mention, extremely talented. At the very least, I kinda of think of him as an honorary Eagle. As a matter of fact, you just gave me an idea for a new thread!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Border Desperado The Disco Strangler's Avatar

Randy. I really enjoy listening to him sing. One of my fave Eagle tunes is Take It to the Limit.