Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Have a Favorite Ex-Eagle?

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Default Re: Do You Have a Favorite Ex-Eagle?

call me strange... but since i'm just getting my feet wet with this band i have taken a liking to Bernie. even when i was watching history of the eagles i found myself attracted to him... i didnt even KNOW who he was.

very weird lol

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Is that Randy in the white shoes? It's so hard for me to recognize him in the very early photos. I think it's the short hair that throws me off.

Welcome, Hometown!

I read in an old (1975) issue of Rolling Stone that Randy lived in Mitchell, Nebraska. Is that the place where you would drive by?

Out on the Border

Yea, that is Randy in the white shoes. And yes, my hometown is the Mitchell area. Randy lived north of Scottsbluff as a child, and bought an acreage in that area while playing with the Eagles. He eventually moved to Mitchell, although I am not sure what years. I remember going to a Mitchell high school basketball game once seeing his son play drums, so I believe that is where they attended school, at least high school.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SilverAcidRayne View Post
    call me strange... but since i'm just getting my feet wet with this band i have taken a liking to Bernie. even when i was watching history of the eagles i found myself attracted to him... i didnt even KNOW who he was.

very weird lol
    Bernie is a very good guy! It's incredible to see him on tour with the guys, and he adds a lot to the experience.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Hometown, that is so cool that you got to see the Drivin' Dynamics back in the day. I like their song "So Fine," it's adorable.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYbt9y2Uhq0

Out on the Border

Thanks for the Youtube link. I had not seen those before. They were definitely The Band to hear in this area.

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Bernie is a very good guy! It's incredible to see him on tour with the guys, and he adds a lot to the experience.
    oh absolutely... i guess its the strong silent type lol he rounds everyone out so to speak. a missing puzzle piece

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Favorite ex member? Ugh, that's a tough one to pick. As I stated when I first joined, I love all 7 Eagles. (Some I love more than the others, but I do love them all). I love and respect what each member brought to the band. If I based my opinion on just the music aspect(leaving out personality), Don Felder would be my favorite ex Eagle because of his incredible guitar playing.
    However, taking both music talents and personality into account, I'd go with Randy Meisner. I've loved TITTL since I was little. (It's the only Eagles 45 single I own atm). Randy, from the little I've seen of him (mostly from the documentary) comes across as a shy, down to earth guy.
    Bernie Leadon is the guy I know the least about. I love his contributions to the band, but apart from that, I don't know anything about him, other than he was in the Flying Burrito brothers. (I've been meaning to check that band out)
    As I stated earlier, Don Felder is my favorite from a musical standpoint. He's a top notch guitarist. He's probably my least favorite of the 7 Eagles(please don't shoot me Felder fans). There's just something about the guy that rubs me wrong, but I do love his guitar playing.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border

Bernie is still my favourite Ex-Eagle. I'm just listening again to a radio interview he gave (link in the press thread) in 2013. He sounds so straightforward and honest.

He has a good perspective, like telling his son he didn't regret leaving the band because if he'd stayed, he wouldn't have met his son's mother and his son wouldn't exist.

I'm also so impressed with how he handled live performances. He has such an easy charm when speaking to the audience and takes things like breaking a string in his stride. I may not be a big fan of bluegrass, but he's pretty amazing on that banjo.

Finally, Bernie is my favourite singer of the ex-members. He has one of those warm, relaxed voices, like Glenn.

Randy will always be my favvie ex-Eagle!! I just wish he was in the tour with them!!! Randy is just so awesome!!
    Don't Close Your Heart