Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LAST RESORT mentioned and played on Bill Maher

Default Re: LAST RESORT mentioned and played on Bill Maher

Excuse me but i didnt call trump hitler. I was responding to the person that said they would enjoy if ANYONE liked thei music so I asked "really...anyone"? How bout hitler. Trump is not hitler though with his narcicism and ego under the right conditions who knows...anyway he isnt hitler thats for sure but he is still a
    Piece of s&@$

As we can see, Eagles have widespread appeal, with fans across both sides of the political aisle. Now can we save the strictly political debates for the cheap talk and wine thread?
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    As we can see, Eagles have widespread appeal, with fans across both sides of the political aisle. Now can we save the strictly political debates for the cheap talk and wine thread?
    I agree, FreyFollower. This sub-forum is for discussing the Eagles and in that regard we should respectful of each other and avoid demonizing groups of people.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawManNJ View Post
    Excuse me but i didnt call trump hitler. I was responding to the person that said they would enjoy if ANYONE liked thei music so I asked "really...anyone"? How bout hitler. Trump is not hitler though with his narcicism and ego under the right conditions who knows...anyway he isnt hitler thats for sure but he is still a
    Piece of s&@$
    That other person was/is me. And I answered as much saying that yes, I'd be for someone like Obama using my music. To pull Hitler into it was typical of trying to prove a point by using extreme examples. Clearly no American politician was as bad as Stalin, Mao, Pot, etc.

Dislike Trump all you want, but the sweeping generalizations about conservatives in general are absurd. Just like your artist comments about being more open-minded. Many claim to want to "coexist" but their actions speak louder than the catchy slogan on tee shirts or bumper stickers. Many only want to coexist with like-minded people, and to demonize the ones that don't think the same.

Just as others could say many artists have been coddled, and therefore naive to the issues of our country and the world.
    I gave you Bono as an example of someone who has become enlightened, but that came from years of seeing what worked and what didn't.

Frankly, I think one of the things that helped cause the rift between the Eagles was Frey & Henley's political leanings, wanting to do free fundraisers for liberals, when others were either ambivalent or maybe were moderates. Just because Leadon is into country/bluegrass does not make him a conservative, but most artists in that genre are.
    We both know that Henley is not so pure to say I am not accepting money from conservative fans. He likely would be half as rich had he done that over the years, as he has fans from all parts of the political spectrum. Yet to say "his" music can only be used by liberals is a combination of two things. First it is a slap in the face to his moderate to conservative fans who don't want politics involved in their appreciation of his music.
    Second, it is a narcissistic view to think that his music could influence people to vote one way or the other.

`
    `

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Ditto here too.
    I can't wait for Christi to leave office. He has left our State in such a mess. Nothing but a publicity seeking bully.

You should probably see what Dan Malloy has done to our State.

Republicans had more diversity in their candiate field then the Democrats last year. So really who is the party of diversity? 🤔 Democrats still belive in segeregation. These "Activists" at UC Santa Cruz took over an Faculty Bulding demanding seperate housing for African Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawManNJ View Post
    Piece of s&@$

Hillary is more of a narcissist then Trump. She should of went to Wisconsin and Michigan and if she did she would be President. But its muh Sexisim, Muh Russians

Quote Originally Posted by Vector View Post
    You two could be of the liberal persuasion or even just moderates Democrats to where you would not support conservatives/Republicans. That is certainly the way a lot of people feel, despite the Republicans running all of the national government, and most of the state governments.

However to applaud or agree with Outlawmans caustic diatribe and sweeping generalizations demonizing conservatives as _____ist, ______phobes, etc., is surprising.
    Not because I know any of you, but most people do not attach their support to the more fringe hardcore people, even in their own party.

One thing I like about Bill Maher is that he is willing to call out people of his own ideology, rather than be a lock step mindless automaton like some of the drones are.
    And you are an Agressive punk who is claimng you are being attacked while attacking them. If you can not be respectful during a debate dont debate at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    You can look up anyone's political donations here it's all public record.

http://www.fec.gov/finance/disclosure/advindsea.shtml

Thats why I love America :👍

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    And you are an Agressive punk who is claimng you are being attacked while attacking them. If you can not be respectful during a debate dont debate at all.
    I have been called plenty of things over the years, but punk has not been one of them.
    I am not reading (in my post that you quoted) where I claimed to be attacked, nor am I attacking the two posters I referenced. I merely point out how I'm surprised they would wholeheartedly lend their support to the post so over the top.

As to respectful, I go out of my way not to call people names like you did by typing "punk".
    So I find it ironic you did so, when inaccurately accusing me of doing so.

Regardless, this subject seems to have hit a nerve with a few people, probably because Maher is an agent provocateur. People who watch his show are typically political junkies, mostly from the left. Still some moderates and even a few conservatives will watch his show, if for no other reason, to try and better understand how leftists think.

As to the Eagles allowing him to use their music, I wonder if he had to pay anything (as others have had to do)?
    `

Banned

So salty! I thought there was no name calling on this board? I guess it's OK as long as you are on the right side, or should I say the left?