Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Grandmother has died.

Default My Grandmother has died.

My Grandmother just died. She was the last one I had and tommorow is the second anniversery of my others deatj. I feel like a horible Grandson she was in the Hospital for a couple of weeks with Heart issues. I saw her for the last time on Saturday. I did not want to go but I did. I was arguing with my prents about it. I still went and had a conversation with her I was the last Grandchild she saw. My cousin lives in Seattle and his brother is in college. My sister is in collegeI had no idea she would die. I am really distraught right now, I cant stop crying.

Default Re: My Grandmother has died.

Your story makes me tear up, TM....

Some people, including us, forget how precious life is and though we may feel we don't want to go see a loved one, or we get annoyed about having to reply o to their text/email or call them as seemingly we think we have better things to do, it isn't until something tragic happens that we realize we have nothing better to do than love those who love us and love our family and remind them you love them and care. Sure it can be depressing seeing elderly people in a bad way, especially those with dementia. Not only is it the right thing to do, it will make you feel better.

I'm so sorry for your loss, but I can't state how happy I am that you did go and see her regardless if you wanted to at the time. At least you wont be filled with regret like some people do. I've been there myself. And I won't do it again. Sometimes family and loved ones piss us off, annoy us with messages and calls, and feel like a burden. But until you live with a palpable amount of regret do you realize you had nothing better to do and that you should never take them for granted, ever. Family comes first.

I'm sorry for your loss, TM2.

Although you may beat yourself up for not wanting to visit your grandma, the fact that you did is more important. She was more than glad that she got to see you before she passed. I don't want to tell you to not feel bad, since I think that's part of the healing process. Just don't let it haunt you forever. We're usually filled with some regrets after a loved one has passed, but they eventually go away. As long as you keep her in your heart and memory, she won't truly be gone forever.

Stuck on the Border

Tm, I'm sorry for your sad news but it's good that you saw her than last time. Don't feel bad about your reluctance. It's part of being young and thinking there will always be another time. What matters is that you did visit and were able to have that last conversation with her. I'm sure that knowing she has family who love her made her last few days easier.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

So sorry for your bad news TM. How nice it was that you DID go to see her at the weekend. Its a decision you won't regret ad it will be a comfort to you. Last grandparent passing marks the end of an era for your family. Support each other as best you can.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Tm, I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandmother. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I'm so sorry TM and sending thoughts and prayers for you. It is good that you did get to see her and she got to see you before she passed. I'm so greateful I got to see my Grandpa before he passed away in 2015. He actually was pretty lucid which he hadn't been for awhile and we got to talk for a bit like we used to and he got me to go back to college again, which I should hopefully finally graduate in later next year or early 2018. I'm so glad that happened and it made me feel somewhat better of what was coming and he was ready to go as he was sick for so long.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

I'm so sorry for your loss. Good for you that you visited with her in the hospital. That was a comfort to her, I'm sure.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Thank you everyone. I apperciate it alot

Border Rebel

So sorry about your grandmother. I'm glad that you got to see her one last time.