Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Randy's TV appearances

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Randy's TV appearances

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Ok, I went back to that TV.com website and perused it more carefully. According to the entry for 12/25/1969, episode 84, Rick Nelson appeared as a guest on the Mike Douglas Show which was co-hosted by The Craig Hundley Trio. I believe this is show where Randy appeared with his fringey jacket. Here is the YT clip where you can see a young man greeting Rick and he’s referred to as “Craig Hundley” by Mike Douglas. Also towards the end Mr. Douglas alludes to the Decca record She Belongs to Me, which is “really catching on big.” It hit the Top 40 in Jan. 1970 according to one of the YT comments.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uPagON8m84k

I don’t know how the date of January 7, 1970 came about, unless maybe the Dec. 25 episode was re-broadcast that day or something. The entry for that date shows something else entirely.
    I wonder if some of the dates could be a little off? For example, I see in 1971 there are entries for July 3 and 4, which (as a Doors fan) that was a Saturday and Sunday. Mike's show was only on weekdays I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Delilah, how completely awesome!! You’re an amazing researcher.

This clip is not as epic, but a “new” (to us) performance has surfaced of Poco on the Tonight Show in November 1989 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=stS0Q4...ugF2AgzfRNsNMk
    Thank you, that’s very sweet of you to say.

I love this video, thanks for sharing this! There’s something cool about seeing Johnny Carson holding up the Legacy album. Glad to see Richie Furay here and there’s a mysterious keyboard player, hmm. Isn’t it great how these clips are starting to pop up?

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

I wonder if some of the dates could be a little off? For example, I see in 1971 there are entries for July 3 and 4, which (as a Doors fan) that was a Saturday and Sunday. Mike's show was only on weekdays I believe.
    Yes, there is something not right about some of these dates, like the one for 12/25/69. Would his show air on Christmas Day? I don’t know how much Christmas programming there was back then. Surely that wasn’t the day they filmed it.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

I appreciate both of you ladies going to the to the trouble of finding and posting these. It's so fun to watch them!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I don't know if this particular video has been posted yet, but someone posted it on Facebook, and this was the first place I thought of to share it.

Rick Nelson and the Stone Canyon Band on the Mike Douglas show in 1969

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqYx...BDTTCgagt_dFO4

Sorry if this is a repeat...

Border Rebel

Thanks for the link, CA. I can't remember if it's been posted either, but it is always good to see these old clips. Got a few glimpses of young Randy!

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    I don't know if this particular video has been posted yet, but someone posted it on Facebook, and this was the first place I thought of to share it.

Rick Nelson and the Stone Canyon Band on the Mike Douglas show in 1969

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqYx...BDTTCgagt_dFO4

Sorry if this is a repeat...
    Thanks for that. So young!!!

I love his fringe jacket.

We should include this on our list but I don’t know when the exact date of the broadcast was, nor on which tv station. Randy was promoting a June 30, 1986 benefit concert for the families of the band members who perished with Rick Nelson in the plane crash. https://m.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=I...&v=q1zvAyt45js

We should include this on our list but I don’t know when the exact date of the broadcast was, nor on which tv station. Randy was promoting a June 30, 1986 benefit concert for the families of the band members who perished with Rick Nelson in the plane crash. https://m.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=I...&v=q1zvAyt45js
    Another great find! Thanks!

Side note: Can you believe the interviewer asked Randy "Do benefits like this really help?" What kind of question is that??? Randy politely replies, "Well, I hope so. That's what it's for." I'm just shaking my head.