Thread: Timothy at SOPAC in NJ

Default Timothy at SOPAC in NJ

Here is a link to a detailed review, photo and set list for Timothy's concert May 9 at SOPAC in NJ. The author articulates the details of the evening much better than I can.

http://1071theboss.com/timothy-b-sch...at-sopac-5917/

Some additional observations....Timothy's voice was strong. He chatted and was funny. The set list was diverse and the performances outstanding. Timothy came across very comfortable and confident as a band leader. His introduction of each band member portrayed his sincere admiration of their talent and his appreciation that they were part of his band. During his introduction of Hank, he said "Hank's greatest asset is" ...then paused, looked at the audience and said "his hair". He referred to Richie Furay as a friend and a teacher who taught him about song writing. Richie opened the concert and Timothy brought him back on stage several times. Timothy handled an obnoxious heckler (who I thought the venue should have removed) with humor by commenting "As Glenn would say I remember when I had my first beer". I felt the night wasn't just a job to him. He seemed to be enjoying himself which made it even more enjoyable for the audience.

When Timothy sang PEF for Glenn, my sister whispered to me that she thought he was crying. The same thought had just crossed my mind but I assumed it was my own teary eyes distorting my vision.

He ended the night by thanking everyone for coming out on a "school night", get home safe and something like "we will see you again" (hope so!!!).

In the past few months I have seen Eric Clapton, Graham Nash, Poco, David Crosby, Jackson Browne, Don Henley and Boz Scaggs among others. Timothy's concert covered more genres . It was the one I enjoyed the most.

Definitely go if you have the opportunity. You will not be disappointed.

Default Re: Timothy at SOPAC in NJ

Thanks, Roey! I felt the same way when I caught his show in VA. He was just so, so good.
    I really wish I could have seen Timothy with Richie. Wow! Just the thought of it warms my heart.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Out on the Border

It was a really special night. I'm a Poco fan from when they started so when Timothy brought Richie back out after his own final encore and they did Good Feelin to Know to end the show, that was a dream come true for me to see them together again. The place just went nuts and I don't think Timothy stopped smiling he was having so much fun.

"Good Feeling" is a great description for that night and sounds the same for LuvTim's night. Timothy is truly a nice guy (and has nice fans). Next time I will be sure to reach out to anyone attending the same concert. It would be fun to share favorite Tim songs and stories.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Roey, thank you for your review and the link. Sounds like a great show! Seeing him perform with Richie had to be fantastic!

I hope to see Tim solo someday!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Who would heckle gentlemanly Timothy?! Sheesh.

I enjoyed that review and the photo of Tim with Richie Furay is lovely.