Thread: Don Felder, Pat Benatar, Fleetwood, et. al. Acoustic 4-A-Cure Benefit May 15, 2017

Default Don Felder, Pat Benatar, Fleetwood, et. al. Acoustic 4-A-Cure Benefit May 15, 2017

Other performers included Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo, Mick Fleetwood, Dave Grohl, Vic Johnson, Sarah McLachlan, Steve Vai and Bob Weir. Don Felder performed several Eagles favorites including “Hotel California” and “Tequila Sunrise” with Fleetwood accompanying him on drums.

http://bestclassicbands.com/acoustic...recap-5-16-17/

Default Re: Don Felder, Pat Benatar, More play Acoustic Benefit

Just curious, has anyone else watched Felder's cover of Tequila Sunrise at this event? There is video at the link. I just did and as expected his guitar playing is stellar. His voice? Quite honestly I did not enjoy his singing it was actually kinda painful for me.
    Last edited by Dawn; 05-19-2017 at 10:26 AM.

Thanks for the link, Dawn. I'm going to move this to concert reviews.

I went ahead and watched "Tequila Sunrise" since Mick Fleetwood is on the drums and I was curious to see what Felder would say, but the intro was largely cut off. Mick was Mick - his style is very different from Don Henley's but he did fine. Don Felder's voice always sounds that way, so no surprises there.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Thanks for the link, Dawn. I'm going to move this to concert reviews.

I went ahead and watched "Tequila Sunrise" since Mick Fleetwood is on the drums and I was curious to see what Felder would say, but the intro was largely cut off. Mick was Mick - his style is very different from Don Henley's but he did fine. Don Felder's voice always sounds that way, so no surprises there.
    Thanks I guess I dont listen enougn to Felder's singing to be accustomed to his voice and how he typically sounds.