Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Recent Randy sightings

Border Desperado

Default Re: Recent Randy sightings

I wondered that, too. I haven't followed the feedback of the band's decision from others in the music profession very closely. In my opinion it seems like most musicians don't comment about their personal views if any band decides to continue after the death or firing of a member. I am probably reading too much into it, but when fans and well known individuals attend a concert I see that as confirmation that they approve of the situation.🤔

I was just wondering if he went backstage to chat with his old bandmates. I wasn't trying to divine whether or not he approved of anything. I don't see much benefit to that kind of speculation. If he wants to share his views publicly, fine. If not, then I respect that, too.

If he did go backstage, we might hear something, see a photo, maybe. That would be nice.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Did ya'll see the YouTube clip of the classy Timothy Schmit giving a shout-out to Mr. Randy? It was at one of the Forum shows: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1e2cj6RSz0

I haven't seen any photos and didn't hear if Randy visited backstage, but then the Eagles (except Joe) keep that stuff pretty private don't they. You'll recall that Randy also attended one of the Classic West shows last year.

Border Rebel

Very classy indeed. I'm glad they still give him a shout out. Don did the same at the October 2017 concert in Louisville. It would be wonderful to see some pics of Randy at the concert. We can always hope that some will turn up. If they are out there somewhere, I'm sure you will be the one to find them, NMB!

I couldn’t make out what Timmy said when the crowd started cheering but someone thinks he said, “It was so good to see him before the show” so apparently Randy went backstage to say howdy.

Tim has always been so respectful of Randy. How awesome that they got a chance to talk before the show. Yes, pictures would be ideal!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Do you guys remember the songwriter Bruce Gaitsch? He mostly works with Peter Cetera these days I believe but he collaborated with Randy a number of times. Apparently they still keep in touch. Bruce has a photo from Wednesday of Randy playing guitar at his house. You gotta see it! The Meis is a bit skinny but he looks fantastic. If this link doesn’t work, go to Bruce R Gaitsch on FB https://m.facebook.com/brucergaitsch...341641/?type=3

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Do you guys remember the songwriter Bruce Gaitsch? He mostly works with Peter Cetera these days I believe but he collaborated with Randy a number of times. Apparently they still keep in touch. Bruce has a photo from Wednesday of Randy playing guitar at his house. You gotta see it! The Meis is a bit skinny but he looks fantastic. If this link doesn’t work, go to Bruce R Gaitsch on FB https://m.facebook.com/brucergaitsch...341641/?type=3
    Awesome! 👍

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Glad to see Randy out and about! Things must be looking up for him!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Thank you much, NMB. Given that Bruce has written songs with both Randy and Timothy, it would be cool to pick his brain about the experience.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...