Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent Randy sightings

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Recent Randy sightings

That photo of Bruce is hilarious!

Does this link work for you, Delilah? https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Yes, it does, thanks!

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Kenny Cetera left a funny post on The Long Run FB page saying, "Oh sure. I leave and THEN he shows up! Hahaha Cool!"

Those Cetera boys are fun.

I remembered reading on Peter's Instagram he was wishing his brother good luck with his Eagles tribute show. I didn't know it was that same group, but I'm guessing Kenny was gone by the time Randy was at one of the shows. Is that what I'm reading correctly?

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Yes, Shun, that’s how I’m reading it. Kenny left right before Randy attended their show. Funny he made that comment. I didn’t know about Kenny or that there was a 3rd brother who was a musician too.

Yeah. Kenny maybe the baby. I could be wrong. Peter has four other siblings from what I read.

Kenny looks just like Peter, but Kenny is the opposite. He's a brunette with brown eyes while Peter is a blonde with whatever color his eyes are. LOL

That picture I was talking about did happen this month. So that must had been his last show Peter was talking about. I didn't even know Kenny was in an Eagles tribute band. I knew he did a tribute show to Chicago and his brother's music, but I didn't know about the Eagles.

Back to Randy. I guess he left at the wrong time.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Yes, Shun, that’s how I’m reading it. Kenny left right before Randy attended their show. Funny he made that comment. I didn’t know about Kenny or that there was a 3rd brother who was a musician too.
    There's also a Randy connection to the third Cetera brother, Tim. He was one of the guys who replaced Randy on bass in the Stone Canyon Band. When I was looking for Tim's Facebook page, I came across a photo of him on Rolene Brumley's page, and she was asking Stephen Love (another Randy friend, roommate and bandmate) if it was Tim Cetera.

I'm telling you, Randy is the Kevin Bacon of rock - he's worked with and/or knows almost everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    NMB, I’m getting a “page not found” on that FB link. But here is something from Peter Cetera’s website. Scroll down to the 3rd pic (the first pic is a rather interesting shot of Randy’s former collaborator Bruce Gaitsch).

http://petercetera.com/photos/

Re: his reason for leaving—I guess the tribute band is a lot like the real Eagles in more ways than one.
    Peter is proud of his bros. Earlier this week, he posted a video of Tim playing bass for Rick Nelson - scroll down, I believe he's referring to the Jim Nabors Show clip; the other video is no longer available. https://alchetron.com/Rick-Sings-Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Peter is proud of his bros. Earlier this week, he posted a video of Tim playing bass for Rick Nelson - scroll down, I believe he's referring to the Jim Nabors Show clip; the other video is no longer available. https://alchetron.com/Rick-Sings-Nelson
    Aw, that’s so sweet of Peter to post that. I’ve seen that video on YT. Tim seems kind of nervous and unsure of himself. And his backing vocal definitely has a different sound than Randy’s.

Btw, that episode aired Oct. 8, 1970.

Interesting. That must have been right before Randy came back, because they began recording Rudy the Fifth sometime in October I believe.