Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent Randy sightings

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Recent Randy sightings

It was definitely Don H. A much clearer clip has been posted but I don't want to link to it because all these clips are being taken down by the powers that be

I was heart-broken to find out on Sunday morning after Classic West that Randy was indeed at the concert and that I missed him.
    Although from where I was sitting I would not have been able to see him anyway.

I was absolutely thrilled when I saw video of Vince singing TITTL and Don H.'s dedication to Randy. I did not actually hear it live because I was saying it to myself at that same time and did have a few tears rolling... That was the next best thing I was praying for after seeing Randy in person of course. It means so much coming from Henley himself.

I am so glad that Randy was able to attend the concert and hope it brought back some precious memories for him!!

How cool is that I was in the same stadium as Randy Meisner!!

Wonderful, ETG! Did you get to visit any Eagles-related sites? I hope you had buckets o' fun, regardless.

I'm sorry you missed seeing Randy, ETG but then so did 99% of the audience. I was grateful to hear Henley acknowledge Randy; that does mean a lot.

How awesome though that you were in the same vicinity as Randy and watching the same concert! I'd love to hear all about your trip (if you care to divulge).

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border

ETG - Count me as another person who would love to hear about your time in LA and at the concert. Sounds like you had an awesome time.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Wonderful, ETG! Did you get to visit any Eagles-related sites? I hope you had buckets o' fun, regardless.
    We did; we saw the Troubadour and Dan Tana's, but they were both closed at the time and we did not get to go inside, drat... We did take pictures of the inside of the Troubadour through the windows (glass and bars, hehe) of the Eagles memorabilia on the front wall along with some other bands/singers pictures. The only time we would have been able to go inside was Friday night and my daughter had tickets to see some bands perform at the Whisky a Go Go, so we went there instead.

Also, The Beverly Hills Hotel, has gone through some foliage changes over the years and we could not quite get the right angle to match the Hotel California album cover. There seems to be an extra palm tree there now.

And of course, Sunset Grill has gone through some changes as well.

I did expound to the family the significance of each site in relation to the Eagles, in which they knew part of the history.

And just so you know, you can not get a good picture of the Hollywood sign without a helicopter and a big fancy camera/lens.

But we did have a wonderful time! Sorry to go OT in this thread.

Thanks Delilah and New Kid In Town, as I said in my reply to NMB, we had a great time. The city was nice to visit but there are soo many people there; residents and tourists, I could not imagine. The traffic was definitely horrendous. But all in all it was wonderful. I want to go back to check out a few more Eagle-sites as we did not have enough time to hit them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I'm sorry you missed seeing Randy, ETG but then so did 99% of the audience. I was grateful to hear Henley acknowledge Randy; that does mean a lot.

How awesome though that you were in the same vicinity as Randy and watching the same concert! I'd love to hear all about your trip (if you care to divulge).
    You know Delilah, I was watching the concert with binoculars, so I guess you could say I did see Randy, I just did not know it!

Banned

If Randy was at Classic West and was invited backstage, I'm hoping that Eagles will invite him to take part in Classic East. It'd be great to see him on stage with the Eagles again.

Quote Originally Posted by East Texas Girl View Post
    I did expound to the family the significance of each site in relation to the Eagles, in which they knew part of the history.
    You're a seriously cool mom, I hope your family appreciates you. You got to visit the Whisky!! What kinds of bands were there that night? I've been intimidated to go to the Whisky, the crowd is more... rough (said the middle-aged woman).

If you go to a certain neighborhood in L.A. - I forget the name, but there are directions online - you can get decent views of the Hollywood sign. I was looking at hikes from Griffith Park Observatory online, that's where I found the info.