Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent Randy sightings

Default Re: Recent Randy sightings

EastTexasGirl, so glad you had a great concert experience and also had the chance to visit so many significant Eagles sites!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

ETG, that's too bad The Troubadour was closed but Whiskey a Go Go sounds really cool. Lots of history there too-that's where Buffalo Springfield made a name for itself, so there's an Eagles connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    If Randy was at Classic West and was invited backstage, I'm hoping that Eagles will invite him to take part in Classic East. It'd be great to see him on stage with the Eagles again.
    Oh that would be so great! But traveling across the country may be too much for Randy. I could be wrong though.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Thanks for sharing your experiences, ETG! It is too bad that the stars didn't align for you to get a glimpse of Randy.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    You're a seriously cool mom, I hope your family appreciates you. You got to visit the Whisky!! What kinds of bands were there that night? I've been intimidated to go to the Whisky, the crowd is more... rough (said the middle-aged woman).

If you go to a certain neighborhood in L.A. - I forget the name, but there are directions online - you can get decent views of the Hollywood sign. I was looking at hikes from Griffith Park Observatory online, that's where I found the info.

Thank you NMB, that is so sweet of you to say! We saw several bands there, but the one we were there to see was Last in Line which features guitarist Vivian Campbell of Def Leppard and other former Dio members. My daughter was so excited Vivian gave her a guitar pick (made her trip)! You are definitely correct in saying a "rough" crowd, it was. If she didn't already have tickets, I would have nixed it.

I'm jealous of this picture...we drove all around and searched directions for a shot like this.
    NMB, I didn't realize you had visited LA or maybe you live there, I would have picked your brain before we left.

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    ETG, that's too bad The Troubadour was closed but Whiskey a Go Go sounds really cool. Lots of history there too-that's where Buffalo Springfield made a name for itself, so there's an Eagles connection.
    Delilah, I did not know that, how cool!

Thanks LuvTim and Soda!!

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Vivian Campbell is a talented guitarist. Someday, I'll shore up my courage and venture inside the Whisky.

I've been to California a few times. I love to swim and hike and there are a lot of wonderfully detailed resources online for that (and anything else people like to do).

These trails look fun! Tuck them away for your next trip maybe

http://hollywoodsign.org/hiking-to-the-sign/

Thanks NMB, I will definitely remember this for future endeavors.

I was thinking on what I said about the Whisky last night and I do not mean to put it in a bad light....the crowd I was speaking of was rough to me, as in it had a more heavy metal vibe to it and it was just not my thing. Please accept my apologies.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Oh there's no need to apologize surely - what you said was helpful, not offensive. None of the club patrons bothered you, right? We all understand being in a setting where you don't feel entirely comfortable.

As I've mentioned in other threads, I'm a huge Doors fan and it bothers me a bit that I haven't been able to work up the nerve to go inside the Whisky. I felt intimidated about the Troubadour too. I imagined it to be this "hipper than thou" place where the people would be able to spot an awkward rube from out of town. But no!! It was actually friendly and nice. The bench seating reminded me of summer camp.