Thread: Don Henley - Boston June 6, 2017

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Don Henley - Boston June 6, 2017

MaryC - sounds like it was a great show. The Christmas song was cute. We have been having the same weather here. So glad you had a nice time.
    Shun, I agree. Don said he would never sing any songs Glenn sang. I have seen him do AG and LE but never PEF. Hope someone made a video of it.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    MaryC - sounds like it was a great show. The Christmas song was cute. We have been having the same weather here. So glad you had a nice time.
    Shun, I agree. Don said he would never sing any songs Glenn sang. I have seen him do AG and LE but never PEF. Hope someone made a video of it.
    At this point, NKIT. Don has been changing his mind lately about a lot of stuff. LOL So I'm not surprised he finally sang one of Glenn's songs. I wonder if he's going to do that for the rest of the tour. I'm ok with it because he's paying tribute to Glenn by actually singing one of his song then the ones he wrote with him. I hate Wasted Time was dropped. I loved that song and he and Lara do a great job.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 06-07-2017 at 01:50 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

I feel bad for everybody. They couldn't hear each other, but than again. Don only uses one ear monitor in his ear instead of two. I think they all do So I would had thought he could still hear them, but I guess the music would still drown them out on stage.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Maryc, thanks for much for your comments. I loved the Christmas Song part! Too cute! And I would love to hear Don do PEF too. Dedicated to Glenn makes it ok in my mind. Too bad about their monitors, but evidently 'winging it' was good! lol
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Shun - So true about Don changing his mind about a lot of things-lol ! I wonder how many songs Don will sing of Glenn's at the festivals. I would assume Deacon and Vince will sing most, just wondering......
    I love Wasted Time too.

That's a good question. He's probably going to leave Glenn's songs to Vince and Deacon. I'm still looking for it on YouTube. Nobody has posted it yet.

Wow - that's quite a change! Thanks for sharing your experience. I wonder if he plans on doing PEF in solo shows regularly now, or if that was a one-off?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten