Just got back from the concert, and I'm pretty tired, so I'll have to do a longer review tomorrow. Just wanted to say it was a great show, though. It was very cold and rainy for this time of year in Boston, and it was in an outdoor venue, under a tent/pavilion.

They opened with Seven Bridges Road, per usual, and then Don started singing,

"Chestnuts roasting on an open fire
Jack Frost nipping at your nose
Yuletide carols being sung by a choir
And folks dressed up like Eskimos…"

He stopped there but it was pretty funny. Definitely wasn't expecting that song! Then he made some joke about New Englanders being used to that kind of weather. He actually sounded pretty good on that song. He did sound rusty on some of the early songs, but his voice definitely improved as the night went on.

The set list was different from previously, but I'll talk more about that tomorrow. The biggest surprise was at the end. For the last two songs, they were having technical difficulties where none of the monitors were working. Don said they couldn't hear themselves at all but were going to try to wing it. He sang Desperado and sounded awesome, but the he stayed on stage. We were wondering what was going on. After a few minutes, he said the technical difficulties couldn't be fixed, but they were going to go ahead and do one more. I thought it might be Wasted Time, but he said, "This one's for Glenn," and sang Peaceful, Easy Feeling.

It sounded great with all the harmony from the back-up singers, but it was certainly a surprise!