Thread: Best Wishes Vince, for Classic Shows

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Default Best Wishes Vince, for Classic Shows

I'm always ready to balance out the Frey bias

At this point, I'd say it's unlikely that I'll ever buy a Vince Gill record or attend one of his concerts but things may change. I carry a strong obligation to support all the Eagles.

I hope tonight, and the next couple of weeks, are new highs in Vince's long and illustrious career. I look forward to seeing Vince waving in relief, joy and triumph at the end of the show(s). And that goes for the rest of the band too

Border Rebel

Default Re: Best Wishes Vince, for Classic Shows

Best wishes to Vince and all the guys!

Best belated wishes to Vince. He sounded great singing Lyin Eyes, IMO!

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I'm always ready to balance out the Frey bias
    With all due respect F50, that line of thinking is very immature in the wake of GF's death, and his (IMO injust) replacement in the Eagles, the emoji just adds to what looks to be in very poor taste. I shouldn't be surprised because of your comments about him since his death that were posted just to purposefully either bait Glenn's fanbase or to maliciously go after their feelings. But really, I think you should leave the 5th grade mentality behind and move on regardless if you like Glenn or not or you don't like his fans here. It's in poor taste and shows a lack of maturity and I'd like to think you are above that. Maybe not. Maybe you just troll for the sake of trolling, but really, it's gotten to be pretty stale. Maybe you need a new forum or something but as a comedy fan might say, you need some new lines because you've worn this Frey bashing/GF fan bashing thing out.

I think the forum is pretty well rounded myself. There are plenty of DH, TBS, JW, DF, RM, and BL fans too. Perhaps it's just that the GF fans are more active posting or just you are looking for them. But this isn't just a GF forum. There's room for everybody here, as long as they don't act like you are doing above.

Your best wishes thread would have been so much better served if you would have left out that first sentence and just said something nice towards Vince. Maybe then I could take it more seriously. But it just seems petty to me now.

Stuck on the Border

Thanks for that Austin. You said what I was thinking but couldn't get straight.

I think everyone assumed Vince Gill would be fine, just as Don, Joe and Timothy would be fine.

Stuck on the Border

Funk - that post was so unnecessary. TY Austin.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Funk - that post was so unnecessary. TY Austin.
    No prob.

I just don't get it....ok, we get it you don't like Frey or his fans here. Move on. If it bothers you that much, find a new forum to cater to your (immature) needs. The people that see a Frey bias are looking for one, point blank. There are plenty of outspoken Henley fans here and fans of all of the guys throughout the history.

Stuck on the Border

Austin - Thank You again.
    I think I can speak for all Glenn fans when I say our hearts were broken when he passed...... I do not wish ill on anyone. Just a wish for people to understand how we feel. Funk - is that so hard for you to understand that you have to rub it in like that ?
    Last edited by New Kid In Town; 07-16-2017 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Thanks for that Austin. You said what I was thinking but couldn't get straight.

I think everyone assumed Vince Gill would be fine, just as Don, Joe and Timothy would be fine.
    Exactly. I mean I'm totally down with wishing Vince well, but he could have left that first sentence out, which was totally put there for the sake of trolling, and IMO, ruined his thread that could have been pretty positive. He needs to stop.