Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15, 2017

Default Re: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15, 2017

I did see Steuart, Will and Scott. I didn't see Michael. He probably was there.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Joe with Rocky Mountain Way

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

shun, you beat me to it! i was just about to share a set list... man you are fast! thanks for all of the details

Shun, this has been terrific coverage of what's been posted out there for us tonight, and I thank you so much for bringing it to us. Like Delilah, I can hardly keep my eyes open, but I don't want to miss your next post, either!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

The end of the show bow.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWmN-EVH...ed=classicwest

Quote from Don I saw on Instagram.
    In case this is our last dance we want to thank you all for the support.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvTim View Post
    Shun, this has been terrific coverage of what's been posted out there for us tonight, and I thank you so much for bringing it to us. Like Delilah, I can hardly keep my eyes open, but I don't want to miss your next post, either!
    Thank goodness the Classic East is only an hour ahead of me. I knew I would had to stay up late. Its going on 2 and I have church in the morning. I better get my butt to bed.

You're welcome, everybody.

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Actually Austin. Deacon sang Peaceful Easy Feeling not Vince.

Like I said in another post. Per Irving's interview on Sirius, Sirius radio will play some of the performances of the festival in a few days once they tweet the audio and everything else. He didn't say which performances or how much will be played.

Irving said their probably won't be a tour, but knowing Irving, his mind will change. I saw mostly positive tweets tonight.

WF88, you're right about how Deacon sounds lower than his dad, but it still sounded Glenn-like to me. If Deacon's voice was compared to his dad's recordings in the 70s, then yes, it's not as close. Since as people get older, their voices get lower. So Deacon's voice still was Glenn-like to me, if I compared it to how his dad sounded on the recent tours of the last decade. I'm not saying that it's bad that Deacon's voice isn't as high as his dad's, since that's pretty difficult to adjust as I could imagine. I know that you're not saying it's bad either, since you were just stating an observation. Deacon did a great job for his first big show and that's pretty amazing.

Oh yeah, I thought it would have been weird if Deacon grew out facial hair like his dad (maybe not as thick), so I definitely agree with you on the spitting image part. I was thinking that was the only thing missing, but thankfully, it was missing.

I didn't know that Vince Gill said that stuff about wanting to be in he band so bad. I couldn't blame him for saying that, but I get that it's a bit too eager like you said.

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Actually Austin. Deacon sang Peaceful Easy Feeling not Vince.
    Hmmm. I watched an IG video of the show and I recognized Vince's voice immediately and I'm pretty sure it was PEF. Maybe it was something different. Regardless, I thought it was a pretty lackluster performance.