Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15, 2017

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15, 2017

Deacon before singing Peaceful Easy Feeling:

This is unbelievable. Thank you. This last couple of years have been pretty touch and really the only remedy for something like that is love and I got to let you know that I'm really feeling it from you and some of ny Uncs back here got my back. You guys are my medicine tonight.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28dQD53HdxY[/ame]

You guys are my medicine. I love that line from Deacon. You definitely had support from your uncles.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Shun, thanks so much for posting all this info! I was following along all over the internet last night as best I could.

Totally overwhelmed and verklempt at seeing Deacon out there. From everything I saw/heard, he looked and sounded great. His voice is noticeably lower than Glenn's. The online response seemed incredibly positive for him as well - sounds like he did his dad proud.

I can't imagine what a bittersweet and surreal night it must have been for him. And for that matter, the other guys as well - probably a little crazy to be on stage and look up and see someone looking so much like Glenn did in the old days.

Anyway, I also heard rumors that Randy was present (I so hope he was). And Bob Seger joining them on stage? Love it.

Wow! Amazing! Thanks for the videos!

Eagles, Friends, & Family!

CarolC

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Thank you for posting that, Shun. The video of TITTL that was posted earlier is blocked here in the U.S. About 2 1/2 minutes in someone says, "this one's for you, Randy"--was that Don?

BlueJeanBaby, I too hope it's true that Randy was in attendance.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueJeanBaby View Post
    Shun, thanks so much for posting all this info! I was following along all over the internet last night as best I could.

Totally overwhelmed and verklempt at seeing Deacon out there. From everything I saw/heard, he looked and sounded great. His voice is noticeably lower than Glenn's. The online response seemed incredibly positive for him as well - sounds like he did his dad proud.

I can't imagine what a bittersweet and surreal night it must have been for him. And for that matter, the other guys as well - probably a little crazy to be on stage and look up and see someone looking so much like Glenn did in the old days.

Anyway, I also heard rumors that Randy was present (I so hope he was). And Bob Seger joining them on stage? Love it.
    I don't know about Randy, but yep. Bob was there singing Heartache Tonight. I was surprised on that one. I really didn't expect anybody else coming to the show or a guest performer. So I was surprised.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Thank you for posting that, Shun. The video of TITTL that was posted earlier is blocked here in the U.S. About 2 1/2 minutes in someone says, "this one's for you, Randy"--was that Don?

BlueJeanBaby, I too hope it's true that Randy was in attendance.
    I have to rewatch that. The only time I heard this one was for somebody was at the beginning when Joe said this one's for Glenn before he introduce Deacon.

Stuck on the Border

Someone posted on facebook that they'd seen Randy being led backstage. I heard someone say something like "This is for you, Randy" a little way into TITTL. It sounded like Don.

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Here's Rocky Mountain Way. Vince and Deacon harmonizing with Joe. I don't know if Timothy harmonizing too with them. I just see Vince, Deacon and Joe.

ETA: They panned out and Timothy is not harmonizing on this song.
    I noticed Vince joined in the 2-part harmony in SBR that is usually just Don and Timothy. And in TIE, it's Vince not Timothy who harmonizes with Deacon during the "standing in the corner" verse. Did it seem to anyone else Joe was having some trouble with the guitar solo?

Overall it seems like it was a great show and I wish I could have been there!

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border

Gettyimages has a few photos - mostly Deacon (the notes say they were taken for Scoop Marketing so maybe they are for the offficial website or a future tour program).
    http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/photos/...t=best#license