Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: London, England 3-20-08

Thanks for the compliments, Katherine! I'm glad you like the pics so much. You'll find my mother of all reviews in the "Concert Reviews" forum.

Claire - I can't wait to read your review! I'm glad you've enjoyed our feedback.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    Finally! I'm having server problems and am finding it very difficult to post.

The Guardian review..... very sad. The Guardian is Britain's 'trendy leftie' newspaper. I share the politcs but a band like the Eagles are far too politically incorrect for it. That review does not reflect what I've seen of the You Tube videos. It, unlike the band it purports to criticise, is old, tired, cliched and predictable and could have also appeared in Q, Mojo, etc. At least the supposdly 'conservative' papers, the Times and Telegraph, wrote fair and balanced reviews which were not based on pre-conceived prejudices. This sort of stuff makes me embarrassed to be on the Guardian's side sometimes.

OK. End of rant.

SOMEBODY WAS AWESOME!!!! The dramatic lighting! Don & Tim sharing a mic! (A first)! Joe & Steuart rocking out. And.... and....

I'm not crazy about the merchandise. I already have the skull & HC shirts! :P

I'd better watch some more while I can.
    FP, take that review with a pinch of salt. It's just a lot of rubbish. I was wondering which concert this man actually attended, as what he was describing certainly did not sound like the concert I attended. This is what I think of it: and another for good measure.

I haven't watched the YouTube video of "Somebody" yet, but it certainly was one of the highlights for me at Thursday's concert. Especially for you, FP, I'm posting two more pics today, featuring Glenn singing the song, and Tim and Don together at the microphone. I made a point of photographing them as I realised that I'd never seen that before. They have been scanned directly from hard copy, so they're not great, but you can still see what's going on:

Glenn did all kinds of things to me when he sang this... Check out my review in the "Concert Reviews" forum for more details...

Ah, how I loved this combination. Don sounded particularly appealing.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

All these reviews and pics/videos just get better and better every day

Fantastic pics, Mrs F! I am glad you had such a terrific time! I'm off to read your review in a moment.

Here is another glowing review I found on my Google alert:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"My wonderful musical week ended on Thursday at The O2 where I was lucky enough to enjoy The Eagles on what was, I think, the opening concert of their Long Road Out Of Eden Tour. They hit the stage at 7.45, looking great in their black suits and ties and white shirts, and sounding even better. They opened with “How Long” from the current album, and it just kept getting better. Faultless harmonies on “No More Walks In The Woods” were followed by “Busy Being Fabulous” and “No More Cloudy Days” from the new album and some old favourites like “Peaceful Easy Feeling” from their first album and Lyin’ Eyes (dedicated by Glenn Frey to his first wife) and the title track from their fourth album “One Of These Nights”. “Hotel California” came pretty early on, with a nice trumpet intro and the great duelling guitar section. While the current line up of Don Henley, Glenn Frey, Joe Walsh and Timothy B Schmit is officially The Eagles, guitarist Stuart Smith, who co-produced their current album, appears to be unofficially their fifth member. He shares front of stage with them, joins in on the vocals and covers many of the guitar parts originally taken by former members Bernie Leadon and Don Felder. Anyway, the first half continued with examples of their various solo works, notably “Boys Of Summer” from Don Henley, and the title track of their 1977 album “The Long Run”.

The second half opened with an acoustic set that peaked with “Take It To The Limit” before an awesome version of “Long Road Out Of Eden”. Things got pretty rocking at this stage with impeccable versions of “Life In The Fast Lane”, “Witchy Woman” and some more solo numbers including a very entertaining “Life’s Been Good” from Joe Walsh and a show stopping rendition of Don Henley’s “All She Wants To Do Is Dance”. The first encore gave us Joe Walsh’s other hit “Rocky Mountain Way” and “Heartache Tonight” but we knew there had to be more. We hadn’t heard “Take It Easy” or “Desperado” so they had to come back and do at least one of them. Wouldn’t you know it; they came back and did both of them. After that, we knew it was game over, but what a night. It has been a long time since I came away from a concert with the songs still in my head the next morning. Don’t miss the chance to see these guys, they are the business."

Out on the Border freyfantastic61's Avatar

Fantastic photos!! Well it is finally my turn and I travel to London wed' morning!!! I still cannot believe this time tomorrow night we will be at the 02!! I have my daughter's digital camera and plan to do lots of filming and lots of photo's! I will post again on Thurs eve' love FF61

FF61, I hope you have a safe trip and a wonderful time. I can't wait to see your pics and read about your experience. Say "hi" to the boys for me!
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Can't wait to hear all about it, FF61! Hope you have a wonderful time!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Have a fabulous time FF61. I am green with envy.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Just an observation from some of the YouTube videos; I'm loving the guys hair here! I know , but I'm a hair person as you all well know!

I think Joe's looks great longer (and not much product!) Especially in the Walk Away video. Glenn's is a bit longer, I love it! And Don's is not orange and spikey! A little longer and looks great! And Tim's always looks good!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey

That has to be the sexiest shot taken of Glenn in the earlier part of the show (ie before he removed his jacket ). Just looking at it is bringing back such (indecent ) memories! Nice one Mrs F!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP