Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: London, England 3-20-08

HELLO EVERYBODY!!!

HOW'RE YA DOIN'?

I'm typing this from the hotel in London where I'm staying. I'm with GEF, and we both thought we'd pay you all a quick visit before we explore a very cold London for the rest of this Good Friday. Since I'm on that subject, I would like to wish you all a VERY HAPPY EASTER. May you all be blessed. I have missed so much on The Border since I went on leave from work, but hopefully I'll catch up when I return, as I don't have a lot of time now.

I have read some of your posts in this thread since the last time I was here and would like to thank you all for your good wishes for GA, GEF and myself. WE HAD AN UNBELIEVABLY GREAT TIME!!! I find it difficult right now to express myself adequately, since I got into bed at 03:00 (it is now 10:50 ), so I haven't had much sleep. Without giving anything away right now, I replayed certain moments in my head "over and over and over and over again" (and then I wonder why, I'm in the shape I'm in ) after I returned to my room, so it was difficult for me to settle down and get some badly needed sleep.

I made some mental notes, as well as notes in my notepad (I jotted down the setlist in alphabet soup format , and gave it to GA to e-mail to Soda during the interval and after the gig). I took the time to jot down notes while the spotlights were NOT on the boys (I didn't want to miss a significant expression, or an important movement, or change of instrument, you understand), and then while they were playing I just stared at them, and took photos, and more photos, and more photos (although I don't think I took as many as GA, since I have not yet gone digital - I ran out of film on two occasions, even though I had 36 exposure
    films with me!). I just hope and pray that the photos come out okay. I was so happy that we could take some pictures!

Anyway, I don't want to give any more away until such time as I am able to compile my official review. GA will be returning to The Border before me, so you will be able to enjoy the evening from her viewpoint soon. As for me, I need to gather my thoughts, and put together facts, thoughts, views and emotions from the most exciting and special night of my life.

I CAN'T WAIT TELL YOU MORE!!!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Default waiting for May 20

I'm even more excited now after hearing these first reports of the concert. I can't WAIT for May 20 when I go see these awesome guys in Atlanta

:P :P

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

This is so exciting! Thank you gals for filling us in as we are nearly beside ourselves waiting!

I'm sooooo happy for Timtot and that Glenn saw you!

You all will be on Cloud 9 for days! Can't wait for more!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

WOW! Sounds amazing. Can't wait for more news from the frontline

Out on the Border freyfantastic61's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan
    Well, well, well. What a night!!!

You've already seen what a fantastic setlist, and oh my gosh they all looked utterly fabulous, wearing their black suits right through, but shedding the jackets in the second half. Glenn rolling up his sleeves during the band intros....sigh. They were all in superb voice, so that review of the rehearsal was rubbish.

More to follow, suffice to say it was one of the best nights of my life, and I think MF and GA may have got some rather good pics! Monique is next to me now, also posting!

Full report tomorrow.
    Hi GEF How fantastic to read your news,I can't wait for my turn 5days to go and I'm so excited!! Can't wait to see all the photo's luv FF61

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

OMG - this is great that the girls were able to report to us "live". I just can't wait until we hear more details from them. GEF, GA, and MF, I am thrilled that you all had such a wonderful experience. Glad to hear that little "Timtot" got some attention from her chosen one, too. Ain't it great to be an Eagles fan!

And OBTW - I guess I'll just have to get use to seeing the guys in those suits. At least, it is refreshing to hear that Glenn "rolled up his shirt sleeves" at some point!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Lovely to hear from you ladies! Can't wait for more details.

Here's a review from Undercover:

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=4334

There are photos, too, but I think they're all old.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

And here's one from the Times Online - it does have a new photo!

Some YouTube videos - you can't see anything, but you can listen to the audio at least.

Hotel California

Desperado

You can see the pretty backdrop here, at least:

Take It Easy

Just to say goodbye to you all before I leave! I'm going to try to sleep now but I think it'll be difficult
    I'll be back on Monday night, and I'll try to post a review as soon as possible!