Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: London, England 3-20-08

Stuck on the Border

When my son heard the prices of the ILAA tickets, he made a comment that maybe they should put the letter "S" on the front of their white dress shirts, their black ties would make it look like they were wearing big dollar signs. $$$

Default Re: Pics

Quote Originally Posted by rcknalwys
    Thanks for sharing these lovely pics Mrs Frey, I think there are many of us drooling over them!
    Thanks, Becky! I'm glad you're enjoying them!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Quote Originally Posted by Claire
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey

Don getting into the heart of the matter. More intensity for you, Claire!
    Thank you MF, this pic is truly wonderful!

Regarding the suits, to me it shows a sort of maturity, and I think they look pretty classy with them! I would have loved seeing them with "relaxed" outfits in the second part though - as in the Farewell Tour, fifty-fifty
    And I hope the videos on YouTube won't be removed, we're all so delighted with them!
    Thanks, Claire! I'm glad you enjoyed the pic so much.

I agree with you regarding the suits, although it didn't matter to me that they didn't change in the second half. I loved the way they loosened their ties, and removed their jackets. And when Glenn rolled up his sleeves... sigh... I could barely handle it!

Regarding the review that DF shared with us, I think it's awful. It smacks of cynicism and dislike of the band. As for Steuart being the most "adept" musician on stage (and I'm not taking anything away from Steuart here) - what about Joe Walsh! What about Timothy's great bass work? What about Glenn's rhythm guitar skills and Don's great drumming? And most importantly, what about the SINGING? The fantastic lead vocals by each one of the boys, not to mention the harmonies?

And what's wrong with the renditions being "precise"? There are few musicians who are able to sound as great on stage as they do on CD, and the Eagles are among those musicians. And you know what else? I LIKE precise. As do many other music lovers. We LIKE to hear the songs rendered the way we have got to know and love them. The Eagles strive for perfection, and I LIKE perfection.

As for Joe being the only one enjoying himself on stage, does it take someone prancing about to give the impression of enjoyment? Then there must be many of us musicians who don't enjoy ourselves on stage. This suggestion really annoys me. The reviewer needs to watch the interview section of "Farewell 1" for information on how a band like the Eagles work. They are required to stand close to their mics most of the time, since they are a VOCAL group after all. Having said that, it is pretty damn obvious to me that they're having a great time performing. One need only look at their smiles and expressions of passion to see the enjoyment. Don expressed in the "60 Minutes" interview that there is something much greater than money influencing their decision to tour again, and that is the satisfaction of the audience appreciating a new piece of work that he or any of the group members have written.

I will concede that it is indeed expensive to attend an Eagles concert, but the boys go out of their way to express their gratitude to the fans, which many other stars with their status take for granted.

Apparently, many videos have been removed from YouTube... All the ones from 22nd March that I had saved as favorites aren't available anymore

That's disappointing, Claire. I really don't understand why Don is making such a fuss about amateur videos on YouTube.

I for one don't really like the idea of them wearing the suits for the whole concert. Eventhough they look good in them, it just isn't Joe or Timothy; and we all know how great Glenn looks in his colors. It just doesn't suit (pardon the pun) them. They are so easy going, they just look out of character. I just can't see Joe being Joe in a suit. Part of my excitement of going to the concert next month in Atlanta was wondering what outfits/colors they would all be wearing.

Also, a suit can't be that comfortable. I bet they change their minds by the time they get to Atlanta in May. By May it is already hot here!

Out on the Border freyfantastic61's Avatar

hERE IS MY VIDEO OF HC from 26th at O2-my lovely daughter has shown me what to do! I also have few others you might enjoy,will post them later luv FF61

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hLdiaJGv0-8

Thanks FF61! GREAT video!!!!!!!!!!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

FF61, thanks for that fantastic video! Please put up the rest too!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Thank you ff61!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten