Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: London, England 3-20-08

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Of course its fine! I'll try to brighten up a few more as well.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Not the finest pic ever by anyone's standards but I can't help thinking 'If only he'd had his head up'

A bit soft, but one of the rare ones without the mic in the way

Now I'm off to find a good London Av!
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Oooooh my goodness! What a wonderful way to come back from my spring break trip! Those reviews and pictures are fabulous indeed!!
    I just love them in their suits--they look so handsome!
    Thanks so much to everyone for sharing. Now I REALLY can't wait until I see the guys in Atlanta and Myrtle Beach!!

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

WOW! WOW! WOW! Now I'm thinking 'buy the ILAA tickets, don't worry that hubby will divorce you '

Default concert

OH MY!!!! I can't believe how close you were to the stage! Wonderful pics, and the excitement! I'm so happy for TimTot, she must have been beside herself seeing Tim and getting his attention. Now I want ILAA passes too...but will probably spring for the Hard Rock park. Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences and pics.
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

Out on the Border freyfantastic61's Avatar

Hi! OMG!! fantastic reviews and gorgeous photos! Only 3 days to go until my turn and I am SO excited!love FF61

OMG, GA!!! Pictures!!!

Thanks for your review, and Soda for those links. I wish I could have contacted Tanya again. That's a great review from her!

Here's the next episode:

Part 2

During the interval I went over to chat to the others, and NZ friend (Lisa) bought me a drink.

Second half started with all four seated on stools at the front of the stage with acoustic guitars singing No More Walks In The Woods, absolutely spot on. Breathtaking. Then came the introduction to Waiting In The Weeds…I excitedly told NZ Lisa what a great track this was – she hadn’t heard the new album. Don sung this superbly, and not one moment of the whole song was cut. Glenn then introduced “another from the new album” and sung No More Cloudy Days. His voice was just awesome the whole evening. By this time NZ Lisa had twigged that I was looking at him a lot and said how good he looked, and wondered how old he was, maybe early fifties? When I told her she said he must be using botox! Grr!!!

Timothy was next, and spoke to mention that Paul Carrack was in the audience, before singing Love Will Keep Us Alive. This was followed by Glenn’s Take It To The Limit, which got the crowd singing.

All went quiet, then came the dramatic introduction to Long Road Out Of Eden, Steuart playing the intro on guitar. It was Joe playing the guitar solo in the middle, much to our joy (MF and GA noticed this too!) What a privilege to hear this live, and then straight into Somebody, which rocked. Glenn was superb, and did his sinister crow imitation in the last verse.

Joe came centre stage to play Walk Away. This is one of the songs that stayed in my head in 2006 with his amazing guitar playing, and sounded as good as ever. Don next with Witchy Woman, back on his drums. By this time all the guys had shed their jackets.

Glenn stepped forward to do the band intros, and was rolling up his sleeves as he talked, a particularly HS&G moment! So much so I may have missed a new member in the band. Btw, Will Hollis was looking very good! After this, Glenn said “And now someone who needs no introduction!” and Joe went into Life’s Been Good. The backdrop was of old photos of the guys and clips from videos. Joe was seen hacking up a door, scenes from baseball and yachting, album covers, clips from Sexy Girl and Livin’ Right (Glenn shooting a hoop,,,) Joe did a bit of helmet cam with his new ‘windmill’ cap!

The beat stepped up for Dirty Laundry. I was thrilled to hear Glenn, Steuart and Joe doing their guitar solos. The crowd was up and dancing for this one. A backdrop of headlines (including one with a pic of Keith Urban!), the some spoof ones – TBS to star in next Harry Potter movie, GF wins the US Open, DH solves Global Warming!!

A very cute moment – Glenn and Joe came to the front – Joe played a lick, Glenn followed it, Joe played another, Glenn followed, and so on with each one getting a bit harder until Joe revved it right up, and Glenn just shrugged his shoulders! Joe did a vibrant Funk #49, Glenn followed with a triumphant Heartache Tonight and Don continued with Life In The Fast Lane – most of the crowd up and dancing by now. They left the stage and the crowd was roaring for more. Sure enough, back they came and to my utter delight we heard Rocky Mountain Way, and then All She Wants To Do Is Dance, so I knew then we’d get two encores. Glenn did a little dance in ASWTDID. Not for long, but enough for us to drool…Off they went again, and I left NZ Lisa and went forward to the ‘mosh pit’, only feet from the stage. The crowd still applauded, and they came back, as we really hoped they would, to sing Take It Easy, and then Don excelling on Desperado, inviting the crowd to fill in the words and holding the note on “too” longer than I’ve ever heard it, with a twinkle in his eye! Just magnificent.

We wandered out in a daze. I lost Monique and Lisa for a while, then found them at the merchandise stall. It was nearly midnight before we left the O2 for the station. Lisa and Laura went back to their hotel near Kings Cross – it was so nice to meet up with them and I wish we could have spent longer together. Monique and I eventually found our way back to our hotels, and planned to meet next day.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Thanks for the rest of the story gef! It all just sounds amazing!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Thanks for that too GEF! It pretty much sums it all up! You have a great memory for detail. The reason we got 'lost' from each other is that well.....6 year olds will always be 6 year olds and Laura needed the ladies......NOW!

I would have loved to have joined the girls the following day but unfortunately the 4 year old hadn't seen his mom in 24 hours so it would have been a little unfair to leave him and the 'better half' for another day.

Laura and I have already started the fund for the next gig!

And for those who are dithering between ILAA or not, well in financial terms its probably not worth it for what you get (believe it or not the face value of the ticket was still only £110!) but in real terms - ie proximity to the stage it is. I don't think I could ever see the boys on 'ordinary' tickets again!
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Thanks so much for these reviews - what a delight to read them!

GA has sent me a couple videos and I'll upload them for your enjoyment. She got the entirety of Witchy Woman and the band intros as well.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten